PDA

View Full Version : .rar password encryption

Samurai
01-17-2005, 05:05 AM
Yo,

I've just downloaded a file from the ed2k network which happens to be in .rar format. However, the idiots who released it have set a password on it, and it's not the common p/w such as their web address (w/ and w/o www etc...)

Does anyone know a way to get into the file using some sort of 'brute force' method. I seem to remember someone posting about it a couple of months back.

Samurai

S!X
01-17-2005, 05:11 AM
maybe try downloading the same file but not from those fools? :unsure:

Samurai
01-17-2005, 05:21 AM
well i managed to find the suppliers forum (in german) and noticed a thread saying something like password. was going to register but remembered bugmnot :)

thank god for that handy site :lol:

solved.

S!X
01-17-2005, 05:42 AM
ive tried bugmenot for various sites..... its all bs :blink:

h121589
01-17-2005, 05:44 AM
once ive d/led a p/w protected rar format album and the p/w was teh artist's name
:lol: :-\

S!X
01-17-2005, 05:46 AM
once ive d/led a p/w protected rar format album and the p/w was teh artist's name
:lol: :-\

wow.

Samurai
01-17-2005, 06:29 AM
ive tried bugmenot for various sites..... its all bs :blink:

that's what i thought, but think of it this way...

you have a problem with some software / hardware and the only place you can see an answer is in a registered forum.

why register, to make no posts at all, when bugmenot can get you in, get your answer and leave without any trouble?

it's a godsend. why would i ever need to register for a german forum for? i wouldn't post there so it would not be worth it.

erRor67
01-17-2005, 07:52 AM
but its true. A lot of the entries at bugmenot is all fake. This is why u register using those one time use email addresses like the ones at http://www.mailinator.com
Just give any email using the @mailinator.com and go to mailinator.com and check that email box without registering or signing in or anything. Its my second choice when Bugmenot fails. :)