PDA

View Full Version : duplicate files from same user

welshg60
01-17-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm using kazaa lite k++ 2.4.3, when searching for files, especially common films I've noticed that the results often show loads of results from a single user, like 1 person has 30 different copies of a film, all different file sizes and slightly different names, whats going on? why would any1 use so much storage space on their pc for a load of duplicates.
While I'm here could any1 tell me if theres a better version of klite I should be using, I've started experiencing problems with the avi preview tool (says it cant find C/My and then drains all the cpu power)
ta
cheers

Vargas
01-17-2005, 04:08 PM
well the artists and their labels pay people to host fake files, so your searches get filled with fakes. notice how many have numbers in their names? ie: username231@kazaa
as far as avipreview goes i would recommend VLC videolan as a replacement
as far as something better then kazaa lite, thats depends on who you talk to. :p

{I}{K}{E}
01-18-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm using kazaa lite k++ 2.4.3, when searching for files, especially common films I've noticed that the results often show loads of results from a single user, like 1 person has 30 different copies of a film, all different file sizes and slightly different names, whats going on? why would any1 use so much storage space on their pc for a load of duplicates.

those are all fake files.

FTFakes
01-18-2005, 09:31 PM
the next version of K-Lite 2.7 will identify most fakes already in the search results ;)

here's a preview:

http://www.realityradio.org/forums/uploads/post-28-1105907916.png

Hanz™
01-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Wow that looks kinda clever, when is it coming out?

Lite
01-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Hopefully within the next week or so. A few other changes are to take place in this new version.