PDA

View Full Version : Would this Goal count?

100%
01-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Just found this, and was actually wondering if it would count?
Offside? :blink:
http://www.southsidefunnies.com/go/files/Soccer_Easy_Goal.mov

Samurai
01-17-2005, 04:06 PM
i saw something like that before. it counted then too.

Cheese
01-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Didn't NUFC get caught out like that once? :glare:

Can't tell in the picture if that is actually NUFC...

Barbarossa
01-17-2005, 05:32 PM
It was in the 4th minute Coventry City versus Newcastle in the Premiership on the 8/11/1997. The goalkeeper was Shay Given, and the striker was Dion Dublin.

The referee, Paul Durkin, consulted the linesman, then awarded the goal.

It couldn't have been offside, the only complaint Newcastle could have had is that Dublin left the field of play, and then did not wait for the referee's permission before returning.. but if the ref. says the goal should stand, then the goal stands! :cool:

The final score in the match was 2-2, which was probably fair..

(Dion Dublin was awarded the Man of the Match award, after scoring again the 82nd minute.)

100%
01-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Thanx for inside info - man that must reallllly suk for the goalie, the team & the supporters.
Id hate imagine the rukus afterwards
sometimes when your a proff you forget the basics...

manker
01-17-2005, 06:51 PM
You don't need the ref's permission to come back onto the field if you've left it during the course of normal play, that would be silly. You only need it to come back on if you've gone off to get medical attention.

This is like "You are the Ref" which was in an old margarine I used to read.I remember that being in Shoot! and Roy of T'Rovers. Don't know if they're still around now.

Cheese
01-18-2005, 03:36 AM
You don't need the ref's permission to come back onto the field if you've left it during the course of normal play, that would be silly. You only need it to come back on if you've gone off to get medical attention.

I remember that being in Shoot! and Roy of T'Rovers. Don't know if they're still around now.

Didn't Roy lose his leg or somesuch accident? :unsure:

manker
01-18-2005, 03:42 AM
Nick Jarvis, of Thamesford fame, did - in a shark attack :blink:

Roy might have tho' - I think I gave up on that comic when I realised it was shit.

Cheese
01-18-2005, 11:01 AM
After Roy had a leg amputated in 1993 he and Penny moved to Italy where he managed AC Monza but Penny was killed in a car accident the following year, the circumstances still shrouded in mystery.

Source (http://advertising.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2004/12/28/sogall28.xml)

Must be some sort of comic book footballer's curse. :ph34r:

manker
01-18-2005, 11:34 AM
After Roy had a leg amputated in 1993 ... Penny was killed in a car accident the following year, the circumstances still shrouded in mystery.Poor clutch control, perhaps.

I don't know why Penny stuck with him anyway, fecking Dalgleish wannabe. Subsequent to his amputation he probably went on to manage his boyhood heros, only to leave them in the lurch to get his golf handicap down :dry:

Skiz
01-18-2005, 11:38 AM
In most sports, if a player goes out of bounds like that, he may only regain possession or touch the ball (soccer, football, or basketball) after another player has done so.

manker
01-18-2005, 11:42 AM
In most sports, if a player goes out of bounds like that, he may only regain possession or touch the ball (soccer, football, or basketball) after another player has done so.Like the 'keeper did, you mean.

Soccer doesn't have that rule, btw.

Skiz
01-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Like the 'keeper did, you mean.

Soccer doesn't have that rule, btw.

The goalie doesn't go out of bounds :blink:

manker
01-18-2005, 11:50 AM
The 'keeper touched the ball before the striker scored, is what I meant.

The point is moot but I did think that you were suggesting that the goal shouldn't have stood. Maybe I was mistaken :D

Skiz
01-18-2005, 11:52 AM
:blushing:

*realises the goalie touched the ball* :lol: :whistling

namzuf9
02-05-2005, 01:10 AM
Looking at the video evidence, I would disallow the goal. The player appears to leave the pitch of his own accord (notice how he takes a quick stroll before returning to the field of play). As the player has chosen to stay on the sideline he should remian there until the ball has been put out of play or return to the pitch in a non attacking manner.