PDA

View Full Version : is FireFox that good?

worldpease
01-18-2005, 02:00 AM
Hey guys, I´ve heard a lot about FireFox, but I just want to have some thing cleared:
-Is FireFox an aplication like Internet Explorer or NetScape?
-If it is, is it better that IE?
-If so, what are the most relevant advantages?
Thank you,

anAmbient
01-18-2005, 02:14 AM
Hey guys, I´ve heard a lot about FireFox, but I just want to have some thing cleared:
Thank you,

1. No its not
2. No its not
3. None

4play
01-18-2005, 02:21 AM
1. its just another web browser
2. better security and is free as in speech as well as beer.
3. does not use active x which runs code without any sort of sandbox which is very dangerous

uNz[i]
01-18-2005, 02:26 AM
Thank you,

1. Yes, it's a browser. Based on Mozilla, without any bloat.
2. Yes it is. Firefox is a helluva lot more secure than IE.
3. Well apart from point 2, there's things like the built in Google search feature, and you can install literally hundreds more search engines if you want.
The ability to add extensions (https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/?application={ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}) is a major drawcard too.
It also has some sweet themes available, so it's skinnable.

But don't take my word for it. Try it yourself.

zapjb
01-18-2005, 02:29 AM
10x better than ie.

DarthInsinuate
01-18-2005, 02:40 AM
Yes
In my opinion, yes
I like the quick searches, also there are many extensions that just make life much nicer
You're Welcome

orcutt989
01-18-2005, 02:42 AM
1. No its not
2. No its not
3. None

I second that.

is FireFox that good?

Nope.

harrycary
01-18-2005, 02:43 AM
I have to add that it can be buggy.

The latest version, 1.0, is just past the beta stage. There will be better versions coming out.

Mainly it's just not so bloated and tied to your O/S like IE is. This the biggest security flaw with IE.

But, as with any browser, it has it's security issues. Thankfully, because it's not so widely used, they haven't been fully exploited.

The coolest thing is, Firefox has captured 10% of the browser market and Micro$oft's share has dropped to below 90% for the first time ever!

hope that helps.

p.s. importing & installing your IE favorites is a snap.

worldpease
01-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Oook, I guess I´ll go and install it and see what happens,.

Formula1
01-18-2005, 02:52 AM
I have to add that it can be buggy.

The latest version, 1.0, is just past the beta stage. There will be better versions coming out.

Mainly it's just not so bloated and tied to your O/S like IE is. This the biggest security flaw with IE.

But, as with any browser, it has it's security issues. Thankfully, because it's not so widely used, they haven't been fully exploited.

The coolest thing is, Firefox has captured 10% of the browser market and Micro$oft's share has dropped to below 90% for the first time ever!

hope that helps.

p.s. importing & installing your IE favorites is a snap.

I can't stop starring at your avatar lol :sick: .

Anyways Firefox kicks IE's gay ass. IE is the most vulnerable pos broswer to spyware and viruses from the internet. Mozilla firefox has an intergreted pop up blocker, you can copy and link with just 2 clicks, and alot more. I have to say the program can buggy at times but its well worth it , if you are looking for a good easy to use browser try firefox ;)

tesco
01-18-2005, 03:08 AM
1. Yes (alreyad said but thought id say again anyway lol).
2. yes by far in every way.
3. Themes, tabs (if u like those), doesn't run activeX script things (gives you spyware), extensions (i couldn't live without adblock and many other great extensions), security, better support for newer technologies. IE is old tech, firefox is keeping up with the modern technologies.

peat moss
01-18-2005, 03:13 AM
Its faster and more secure , what more can you ask for ? :)

Add Thunderbird Email client and kiss Outlook good bye while your at it!

Skiz
01-18-2005, 03:17 AM
-Similar
-No
-None

tesco
01-18-2005, 03:20 AM
Add Thunderbird Email client and kiss Outlook good bye while your at it!
True! Forgot to mention that.

natedogg
01-18-2005, 05:22 AM
1. yeah
2. yeah
3. tabs, extentions,doesn't run activeX script

100%
01-18-2005, 08:36 AM
13 Reasons To Use Firefox Over IE = http://www.flexbeta.net/main/articles.php?action=show&id=32

gildan2020
01-18-2005, 10:33 AM
hmm...
i'm not gonna say Firefox is really good...instead, i'm gonna say IE is bad, plain bad
the reason i'm moving to firefox is not because firefox is supercool, but bcos imo IE is too dangerous to use

even if u decide not to try firefox, i will still suggest that u leave IE and move on to another browser (watever it may be)

gildan2020

Money Fist
01-18-2005, 10:43 AM
1. yeah
2. yeah
3. tabs, extentions,doesn't run activeX script

couldnt be arsed to write much
so i copied nate :P