PDA

View Full Version : evolved or designed

vidcc
01-18-2005, 03:06 PM
do you go with evolution or creationism ?

anAmbient
01-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Evolution baby. If god exists,then were all fucked.

Cheese
01-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Creationism.

Barbarossa
01-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Evolution, Jim, but not as we know it...

:)

Money Fist
01-18-2005, 04:19 PM
evolution takes too long so fuk it
creationism

we dont have wings but we can still fly thanks to creationism :P

Illuminati
01-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Evolution.

Having said that, just because God is unlikely to exist doesn't mean that we weren't created... ;)

100%
01-18-2005, 04:35 PM
I thought that the Media decided on what is true or not? :blink:
if that is true then it is creationism, no? :blink:

TheDave
01-18-2005, 04:43 PM
creation isn't even a theory

evolution is putting together bits we know and filling in the blanks with possibilities, hence it's a theory.

creation is using no evidence other than a book of metaphors designed to enforce morals on the world.

which is harder to believe, hydrogen floating around in space or whatever it was and made the big bang. or. some being that lived forever decided he was bored and made earth then the oceans, the sky, the animals, the people, then sat back and thought that is good?

Illuminati
01-18-2005, 04:48 PM
creation isn't even a theory

evolution is putting together bits we know and filling in the blanks with possibilities, hence it's a theory.

creation is using no evidence other than a book of metaphors designed to enforce morals on the world.

which is harder to believe, hydrogen floating around in space or whatever it was and made the big bang. or. some being that lived forever decided he was bored and made earth then the oceans, the sky, the animals, the people, then sat back and thought that is good?

There's also the fact that the material used for the theory on creationism has been rewritten numerous times. ;)

The theory of evolution has had its changes, but they were mainly new items of knowledge based on the original stuff ;)

Barbarossa
01-18-2005, 04:53 PM

Well, to be honest, if that's the choice, then neither of the above! :lol:

You really haven't got a clue, have you... :no:

Barbarossa
01-18-2005, 04:54 PM
I thought that the Media decided on what is true or not? :blink:
if that is true then it is creationism, no? :blink:

I think voting for "a bit of both" requires an sort of explanation or clarifiction....? :blink:

Busyman
01-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Both.
I don't see creationism is considered a science. It's a belief and that's all it can be.

I believe God created the science and that science, as we know today, should be taught in school.

I think creationists are looking for magic or something.

Even the sky or something was created in a day....it shouldn't be taught in school because it can't be proven or even hypothesized so why bother? :huh:

Creationists need a "head out of the ass" moment.

Imagine a whole science week devoted to Biblical creation. It wouldn't get past...............the Bible. :dry:

100%
01-18-2005, 05:02 PM
I think voting for "a bit of both" requires an sort of explanation or clarifiction....? :blink:

i regarded Creationism not as the "act of god"
but more the creationism by man as in creativity and creative minds thus creating the world and its history as we see fit, into what ever we want to believe even though we still dont have all the facts.
Like wise with "evolution", is man not also controlling it in a non "natural" way (aka:creativity as in "cultural" way (look at holland)) creation of technology, weapons & its effect on this planet, animals, deforestation, shoes - and their effect on our feet etc etc

and then of course we have the media

http://i.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/1996/1101961028_400.jpg
http://i.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/1994/1101940314_400.jpg

Busyman
01-18-2005, 05:11 PM
i regarded Creationism not as the "act of god"
but more the creationism by man as in creativity and creative minds thus creating the world and its history as we see fit, into what ever we want to believe even though we still dont have all the facts.

Well that's all well in good but it's not what the poll is about. :dry:

........but you knew that and decided to invent a rationale.

100%
01-18-2005, 05:21 PM
exactly. the Loop is now complete - hence i am the true entity of Creationism

and therefore i choose both

TheDave
01-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Well, to be honest, if that's the choice, then neither of the above! :lol:

You really haven't got a clue, have you... :no:

nope :01:

bigboab
01-18-2005, 09:30 PM
I have my doubts. :(

I think evolution wins. Who would create something that can get caught in a zip. :(

Busyman
01-18-2005, 10:48 PM
I have my doubts. :(

I think evolution wins. Who would create something that can get caught in a zip. :(
:lol: :lol: :lol:

sArA
01-18-2005, 11:17 PM
I think we descended from crashed Aliens.... :whistling

vidcc
01-18-2005, 11:20 PM

As good a starting point as any...but how did the aliens begin?

sArA
01-19-2005, 12:30 AM
erm...oh yeah...didn't think of that one.... :blushing:

Wait! I know the answer!!!!

:lol: :lol:

vidcc
01-19-2005, 12:59 AM
erm...oh yeah...didn't think of that one.... :blushing:

Wait! I know the answer!!!!

:lol: :lol:

It never ceases to amaze me how many people have read that book

Barbarossa
01-19-2005, 09:36 AM

Possibly a robotic space probe was sent over vast distances for reasearch purposes, and crash-landed on a planetoid whose atmosphere and surface composition was made up of organic chemicals, what you might call a primordial soup... ripe for the genesis of life..

..Now what if the space probe was contaminated with virii or bacteria from that space probe's home planet, and the virii or bacteria, finding itself in ideal conditions, began to multiply....

Sound familiar? :cool2:

TheDave
01-19-2005, 09:19 PM
maybe we invent a time machine the day before doomsday then a few people go back in time and start again. no beginning, no end; simple

Barbarossa
01-20-2005, 09:23 AM
maybe we invent a time machine the day before doomsday then a few people go back in time and start again. no beginning, no end; simple

Yes. Simple. I think you can get most of the components for a time machine from Woolworths. :frusty:

manker
01-20-2005, 09:32 AM
Yes. Simple. I think you can get most of the components for a time machine from Woolworths. :frusty:That's ridiculous.

Everyone knows that you can't buy a DeLorean in Woolworths :dry:

TheDave
01-20-2005, 12:28 PM
nu-uh. what happens is the time machine ends the world and the only voyage ever is to 10000 bc.

logical, don't you think? all questions are answered

manker
01-20-2005, 12:39 PM
nu-uh. what happens is the time machine ends the world and the only voyage ever is to 5000 bc.

logical, don't you think? all questions are answeredTake it back another 5000 years and that would explain a lot :D

I like your theory, Dave.

Cheese
01-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Sounds to me like some sort of perpetual motion machine through time and space.

I'm not sure the Timelords of Gallifrey would approve.

manker
01-20-2005, 01:01 PM
Timelords of GallifreyThe gayest sounding time travelling race. Ever.

Biggles
01-20-2005, 09:42 PM

OK that would explain female drivers .... hmmm :whistling

vidcc
01-20-2005, 10:44 PM
OK that would explain female drivers .... hmmm :whistling
yeah...it would make sense of the roswell crash as well....female alien driving :shifty:

Barbarossa
01-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Eventually we will see far enough back to create ourselves like, simply by observing events.

Do what? :blink:

100%
01-27-2005, 07:14 AM
Stanley Kubricks view of the dawn of man is quite interesting

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/2766/pdvd0349sv.jpg