PDA

View Full Version : best torrent site.

Spicker
01-19-2005, 11:48 PM
after suprnova the site i have been using the most is..

www.torrentstop.com

just thought id share with u guys :cool2:

zeustke165
01-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Tracking 29579 Torrents with 679818 Peers (220149 Seeders and 459669 Leechers)
Current Seeder/Leecher Ratio (%) = 47%

hmmm.... almost seems to big, plus not enough seeders for the leachers, kinda sparse layout, seems like a site where lots of viruses and fake files may exists, I'd rather trust those that I download from and the source. the site is also blocked by peerguardian
Connection Rejected: 72.21.38.146 - IANA Reserved, DirectRevenue.com/download.abetteri (01-19-2005 @ 19:02:31)

My favorite happens to be http://www.pisexy.org

ConNitric
01-20-2005, 12:44 AM
http://www.pisexy.org

Is their registration ever going to be open?

zeustke165
01-20-2005, 12:53 AM
http://www.pisexy.org

Is their registration ever going to be open?

Invite only...

Supernatural
01-20-2005, 12:57 AM
TorrentSpy (http://www.torrentspy.com/latest.asp) blows everthing else away, except for maybe isoHunt (http://isohunt.com/).

zeustke165
01-20-2005, 01:05 AM
www.torrentspy.com
58,568 active Torrents (84,927 Total),
485,930 seeders and 1,166,769 downloaders
on 4,952 known trackers

do you really know where your files are comming from? kinda sounds like randomly having sex with 4,952 people and hoping you dont catch something...

Spicker
01-20-2005, 01:52 AM
u guys are no fun...its as close as u can get to Suprnova...but then thers also torrentspy lol which gets the job done....

but i prefer torrentstop...

zeustke165
01-20-2005, 02:03 AM
u guys are no fun...its as close as u can get to Suprnova...but then thers also torrentspy lol which gets the job done....

but i prefer torrentstop...

Well you are a brave man... much braver than I... all those viruses out there, and the RIAA, MPAA, fake files, just make sure you use protection... The benifit of small closed communities is leechers get banned, uploaded files are monitored, possible exposure to lawsuits minimized, just a much nicer torrenting experience...

S!X
01-20-2005, 02:03 AM
ive been all over the place from elite torrents to iso hunt ect..

Supernatural
01-20-2005, 03:50 AM
Zeustke165, why are you so scared of viruses? Don't you use anti-virus software?

zeustke165
01-20-2005, 04:13 AM
I use anti-virus, software and hardware firewall, and peerguardian, but the best way to prevent againt virus is never to download them in the first place... It doesn't bother me what you download, but I like to keep my risk lower...

-n7-
01-20-2005, 05:14 AM
I like Elite Torrents, 123Torrents, & TranceTraffic.
Pisexy.org is pretty good too :)

manker
01-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Well you are a brave man... much braver than I... all those viruses out there, and the RIAA, MPAA, fake files, just make sure you use protection... The benifit of small closed communities is leechers get banned, uploaded files are monitored, possible exposure to lawsuits minimized, just a much nicer torrenting experience...A guy shares his favourite torrent site - at a time when many people are searching for good trackers and you post all this BS. The fact that a small private tracker is preferable to a large leecher ridden community is hardly news but with invites difficult to come by, lots of people will be glad of Jaighandi's post. I'd never heard of that site before and it looks pretty good.

Thanks, Jai :D

Your own will be looked at and accompanied with a roll of the eyes. Scaremongering about fakes, virii, RIAA and the MPAA hasn't been news for about two years, either. For all you know, Torrentstop is well admined and has no fakes or virii - I don't know if you've heard but RIAA members can sign up for private trackers too. Where's TBs gone?

Pisexy is a damn good torrent site but it's not exhaustive, other options are always welcome.

zeustke165
01-20-2005, 11:49 AM
I am a member at multiple small community sites, I know you can't find everything at just one site, but I would rather sign up to half a dozen sites that I can trust rather than one mega site that uses over 5000 trackers unknown to you... I dont see the point... so what my real point is that private comunities is the real way to go, and there are many to choose from...

Oh and by the wat TB closed for other reasons, so who's scare mongering?

manker
01-20-2005, 12:08 PM
I am a member at multiple small community sites, I know you can't find everything at just one site, but I would rather sign up to half a dozen sites that I can trust rather than one mega site that uses over 5000 trackers unknown to you... I dont see the point... so what my real point is that private comunities is the real way to go, and there are many to choose from...There you go. Your posts look so much better when you're not trying inform people of stuff that was common knowledge 2 years ago. Indeed belonging to a diverse range of private trackers while excluding larger public ones is fine. If you have the time to browse them all. Sometimes tho' you just need a quick software fix or an old movie so it makes sense to have access to both.

Oh and by the wat TB closed for other reasons, so who's scare mongering?Not me. I merely asked where it had gone. You inferred otherwise.

I've no idea why it closed - I've read the same forum posts and literature that you have. I can present a supposition, if the mood takes me, but no-one except the tracker admin knows for certain.

brotherdoobie
01-20-2005, 07:50 PM
For a large private tracker I prefer Filelist.org (http://filelist.org/)
Registration only...their not accepting any new members right now,but they prune inactive accounts regularly,and If you keep trying you will be accepted.

Peace bd :)

Formula1
01-20-2005, 11:06 PM
TorrentSpy (http://www.torrentspy.com/latest.asp) blows everthing else away, except for maybe isoHunt (http://isohunt.com/).

Agreed, TorrentSpy.com is best for torrents, imho :D

zeustke165
01-20-2005, 11:31 PM
TorrentSpy is the best leacher haven out there I guess you could say
seeder to leacher ratio 43%

TorrentPimps 247%
Pisexy 107%
EpiTorrent 103%
TorrentLeech 230%
TorrentParadise 88%
123torrents 102%

Spicker
01-22-2005, 04:15 AM
ok heres the catch....lol im sure u guys have heard of LOKITORRENT frequent uploader at suprnova...so i jus searched google and found lokitorrents site and the day i found it they made a sister site called www.torrentstop.com has same torrents like lokitorrent but u dont need to sign up :)

also i have downloaded over 30 albums and no viruses and 3 games and 5 movies...no viruses,spyware or anything....

freak
01-22-2005, 04:30 AM
ok heres the catch....lol im sure u guys have heard of LOKITORRENT frequent uploader at suprnova...so i jus searched google and found lokitorrents site and the day i found it they made a sister site called www.torrentstop.com has same torrents like lokitorrent but u dont need to sign up :)

also i have downloaded over 30 albums and no viruses and 3 games and 5 movies...no viruses,spyware or anything....

LOL i thought nobody was going to bring that up :lol: loki and torrentstop are one and the same... torrentstop was made by them to make it faster to find there torrents.

Joakim Agren
01-22-2005, 05:55 AM
Hello!

I would like to recommend the largest Tracker in the world:

The Swedish site The Pirate Bay altough very slow often it has the goods!!:D
No registration required!

http://www.thepiratebay.org/frame.html

If you have any trouble navigating on that site I can help you!!

AzNsMaRtGuY333
01-22-2005, 01:44 PM
anybody know of good sites where i can download ps2 games...

i dont trust sites like torrentspy or all those other searchs. there seems to be too much torrents for one game. i can never know which one to download

{I}{K}{E}
01-22-2005, 02:04 PM
If you only wanna post a link post it here:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t89539-.html

Supernatural
01-22-2005, 08:34 PM
TorrentSpy is the best leacher haven out there I guess you could say
seeder to leacher ratio 43%

TorrentPimps 247%
Pisexy 107%
EpiTorrent 103%
TorrentLeech 230%
TorrentParadise 88%
123torrents 102%
Seeder-to-leecher ratios don't mean shit, and you know it. It's the actual number of seeders that matters. More leechers just means more distrubuted content.

http://home.earthlink.net/~supernatural159/images/Pictures/good_speed.jpg

Try getting speeds like that on your precious little BT communities. BTW, there are more seeders there than leechers. What do you have to say about that?

anybody know of good sites where i can download ps2 games...

i dont trust sites like torrentspy or all those other searchs. there seems to be too much torrents for one game. i can never know which one to downloadJust Download the one with the most seeders.

zeustke165
01-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Seeder-to-leecher ratios don't mean shit, and you know it. It's the actual number of seeders that matters. More leechers just means more distrubuted content.

http://home.earthlink.net/~supernatural159/images/Pictures/good_speed.jpg

Try getting speeds like that on your precious little BT communities. BTW, there are more seeders there than leechers. What do you have to say about that?

Just Download the one with the most seeders.

isn't your statment conuterintuitive, you say seeder to leecher ratio doesnt mean shit, then you in the very nex sentence say its the number of seeders, do you even know what seeder to leecher ratio means, It give you an indication how many people are seeding vs how many are leeching, the higher the number the more likely you are to jump on a well seeded torrent, obvioulsy it is a site average, so torrent to torrent it may be different, but it give you a pretty good indication on what to expect from a site... now you may remove your head from your ass...

Supernatural
01-22-2005, 10:34 PM
I pointed out the seeder/leecher ratio to prove you wrong. Torrentspy torrents aren't full of leechers. But even if it were, it's still true that it's not really a as bad as people think. A high number of seeders is really what counts. A torrent with 100 seeds and 1500 leechers would be a pretty strong torrent, even though the S/L ratio is very low.

Like I said, try to get speeds like on one of those small, invite-only sites. It's impossible.

zeustke165
01-22-2005, 11:06 PM
100 seeders and 1500 leechers, do the math, the average internet connection world wide is assymetrical, so say on average throughout the whole torrent there was 3 meg download and 1 meg upload, and that's being very hopeful, now since in bittorrent every leecher can also be a seeder, but not all will be, so lets say out of 1500 about 1100 actually can seed to someone they are connected to, the max upload bandwidth is (1100 + 100) * 1 = 1200, now the max download potential is 1500 * 3 = 4500 thus 1200 / 4500 = 0.266

now a community site where you have a 1:1 leecher to seeder, example 15 seeders and 15 leechers, now lets say all but one of those leechers can seed, this is much more likely on smaller torrents, total upload (15 + 14) * 1 = 29
and total download 15 * 3 = 45 thus 29 / 45 = .644 who gets the file quicker, and thats with a seeder to leecher ratio of 100% now try a 200% site, it gets even better...

Supernatural
01-23-2005, 08:44 AM
All that math would be better in theory, but show me speeds. Less total numbers of leechers and seeders simply means less people to download from, which in turn means... slower speeds. Ask anyone what are the fastest torrents they have ever downloaded. They will all say Suprnova.

zeustke165
01-23-2005, 10:28 PM
Acutally the site i've seen with the best average download speeds was torrentpimps... only problems there, since the torrents are so well seeded, sometimes its hard to keep a good ratio...

manker
01-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Tbh, Suprnova always sucked for me regarding speed. Torrentbits is the quickest, overall, I've downloaded from.

Btw, again there is a problem with Torrentpimps. I joined up there a day or so ago, I've downloaded two movies and my ratio page tells me I've downloaded and uploaded nothing, plus none of the torrent links on the tracker are working anymore.

Other than that. The speeds were good and the site is based on the TB tracker code, so great stuff except for it not working properly.

zeustke165
01-24-2005, 05:24 AM
Yeah torrentpimps has had a lot of problems lately, once they get them sorted it should be a good site... But you see what I mean about seeder/leecher ratio, TB also had a high ratio... Its all about aggregate bandwidth, The swarm can only download as fast as the swarm can upload, there may be a few in the swarm that can get good DL speeds in a poorly seeded torrent, but that only means some poor guy is getting absolutley horrible DL speeds... Thus over all it is a bad thing.

aroster
01-25-2005, 10:40 PM
take a look at this new one: http://www.torrentkube.org/

it looks pretty cool, and it doesn't have any adds, what do you think guys?

regards

orcutt989
01-26-2005, 03:19 AM

Ill have to agree with Supernatural on this one.

gutties
01-26-2005, 10:01 PM
loki's the best cause #1. They list the files you're d/ling 2. Theres comments, so you know what your getting, 3. Loads of torrents, seeders leechers=fast speeds, and the big reason they rock is #4. They're fighting the MAN :boxing:
piratebays a close second because of their replys to their legal threats, but loose points for the site being in swedish :P

Xanthus
01-27-2005, 10:01 AM
How do those reasons make lokitorrent the best? Torrentspy does all that and has many more torrents then lokitorrent. The more populated a torrent the better. I've gotten 200k/sec downloads off torrents with terrible seeder/downloader ratios.

If you want to talk in sheer popularity, torrentspy is the second biggest bittorent site on the internet after two months of operation. Within two weeks, it will surpass lokitorrent and become the most used resource. How long has lokitorrent been around? ;)

This information is based on lokitorrent's daily traffic of 200,000 unique visitors per day compared to torrentspy's 185,000 unique visitors per day.

gutties
01-27-2005, 10:58 AM
yes torrentspy is good, BUT is torrenspy fighting the MAN? I don' think so, also as i write this torrentspy is down so pooh to you :blow:

Supernatural
01-27-2005, 03:57 PM
TorrentSpy is up. I never seen that site down.

gutties
01-27-2005, 07:00 PM
it was down five hours before you posted :P

Xanthus
01-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Looks like connectivity was lost at the ISP for 1 hour and 45 minutes at different intervals during the night due to a router being replaced at the datacenter. There is nothing we could have done for this downtime.

Torrentspy has nearly 100% uptime. We use email and IM notification for web and database server problems.

gutties
01-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Torrentspy has nearly 100% uptime. We use email and IM notification for web and database server problems.
we wouldn't happen to be biased would we Xanthus? :stuart: anyway I agree with everyone else that torrentspy is great, but I just think that loki deserves credit for not folding when so many other sites did.

Xanthus
01-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Your right. Loki deserves a lot of credit for standing up and fighting.

Supernatural
01-28-2005, 12:38 AM
Why does being sued make Loki a better torrent site?

Xanthus
01-28-2005, 02:09 AM
It doesnt. Fighting the MPAA gives them a lot of respect but thats it.

gutties
01-28-2005, 09:56 AM
But surely if they win it will mean that sites wont have to jump when the mpaa and riaa scumbags say jump (in legalese), which would give sites time to develope and be good for the whole community (we are a community aren't we?). I think that gives Loki the edge on other sites of similar high caliber. If thats not relavent then I see little difference between loki, torrentspy, piratebay, and isohunt, so which ever pulls your chain I guess.
:dog:

DrOctagon
01-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Why does being sued make Loki a better torrent site?

Because they have balls.

DiRect
01-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Hi,
TorrentStop is good, but it doesn't provide information about any DVD-R such as NTSC, or anything else like subs etc.

Regards,
DiRect

Adster
01-29-2005, 08:05 AM
torrentspy without a doubt is the best ATM

nothing to be paranoid about only thing different about it is it connects too all different torrent sites like IRCspy with channels. so nothing can compare with it any other site torrent spy will pick up

and if your that paranoud read the posts ppl post about the torrent

Spam-King
01-29-2005, 09:28 AM
IMO elitetorrents is the best, speed wise definantly

jetje
01-30-2005, 06:00 PM
torrentbytes.net / filelist and pisexy

:01:

Spicker
01-30-2005, 06:23 PM
4233 Views :01:

aarik111
11-03-2006, 09:01 AM
I like midnight-torrents.com for movies.

olmayanaergi
09-29-2007, 01:52 PM
www.doyanakadar.com (http://www.doyanakadar.com)

tuning
09-29-2007, 01:54 PM
the best is....SCC :P

slimdogp
09-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Nice 11 month bump :angry:

Kinda fun to see how goofy people were two years ago though.

zema
10-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Try this - excellent!!!

http://conspiracycentral.info/

fOrUmAs
10-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Hmm,there is so many great great site that is very hard to pick one and say this one is best..and every day new site is open so..but i can say that revTT,BC,TL,Bitsoup,Midnight,SCC are probably the best in this time..but again there is few site that im not member but they are also great like SCT and FTN,but if you are a member on site that i mention you dont need them..

edeinho
10-12-2007, 09:08 PM
bithumen is the best. You can find evrything what you need!

Dr_Green_Thumb
10-12-2007, 09:43 PM
The best is SCT. I win you can close the thread now. :)

tenis69
10-13-2007, 06:41 AM
My best site is www.tti.nu

pECi
10-13-2007, 06:44 AM
i prefer this one (insertyourfavourite.torrentsite.here)