PDA

View Full Version : Ps2 ticking noise

Wolfmight
01-20-2005, 01:21 AM
There is a problem with my Ps2's dvd laser.. every time I try to play a dvd disk game or movie (no dvd -r, +r, etc disks)...the laser just ticks and fails to read the disk. There a way I can fix this problem myself? I already cleaned the system and did the little wheel turn 45 degrees, but no dice... please help
:(
greatly appreciated!

S!X
01-20-2005, 01:26 AM
mine makes all kinds of fucked up sounds but i noticed when i cleaned the gta san andreas cd , i guess the ps had an easier time reading the disk and it no longer makes the noise atleast with that game. BTW you may want to get a laser lens cleaner (its a cd with little brushes on it to clean your lens) :ermm:

Wolfmight
01-20-2005, 02:47 AM
mine makes all kinds of fucked up sounds but i noticed when i cleaned the gta san andreas cd , i guess the ps had an easier time reading the disk and it no longer makes the noise atleast with that game. BTW you may want to get a laser lens cleaner (its a cd with little brushes on it to clean your lens) :ermm:
already did that..and no dice still

The dvd laser fails to work... the ps2 still plays audio and blue cds though..and playstation 1 too.

S!X
01-20-2005, 02:48 AM
my friend had the same shit he jus used one of those cds and it fixed it.

Wolfmight
01-20-2005, 04:17 AM
What cds? Sucka fix it that easy? Would be nice. need for for da DVD

S!X
01-20-2005, 04:19 AM
its called "diskwasher"

Djtima
01-20-2005, 04:41 AM
yeh but an easyer way would be (if you do have warenty)
just say.. u put in a dvd disk and it wouldn't work send it back to the manifacturer and they will send you a new one... like they did to me
except i droped mine from a 2meter high deskthingo on to tiles
no clicking noise just a rattleing noice like shakeing a bottle half full of rice

trajillo
01-20-2005, 05:01 AM
yeah get a new one and sell it without opening it...

Djtima
01-20-2005, 05:30 AM
i like the idea.... i see a scam coming together :D

Wolfmight
01-20-2005, 01:33 PM
one problem..already opened. Now I could probably black out the "void" crap on the label with some marker and make sure they don't check it.

btw..use a sharpy and just add layers of ink to the back (sticky side of the label)...works like a charm..seal looks brand new!!

Adster
01-21-2005, 01:43 AM
yep i had this problem once means its mafuckto

it ends up scratching your disks and fucking them up permanently!!!

i think it was aggravated coz my ex threw it which led us to a break up 5 minutes later..... 4 year relationship gone!

but year mine was about 1 year and a bit old i ignored the ticking at first then all of a sudden all started with the game the getaway he froze during cut scenes I took the disk out it literately burned a round circle scratch mark on the entire disk

Wolfmight
01-21-2005, 02:46 AM
yep i had this problem once means its mafuckto

it ends up scratching your disks and fucking them up permanently!!!

i think it was aggravated coz my ex threw it which led us to a break up 5 minutes later..... 4 year relationship gone!

but year mine was about 1 year and a bit old i ignored the ticking at first then all of a sudden all started with the game the getaway he froze during cut scenes I took the disk out it literately burned a round circle scratch mark on the entire disk
Damn that sucks...and sorry bout the girl. (Can't live wit em...can't live without em....hopefully not just her ass for some guys hehe)
Yea, I'll try to get a new laser for it and install it myself if it's easy enough.

Wolfmight
01-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Anyone know of a good place to buy a new ps2 cd/dvd dual laser part, website? Is it possible to install such a thing with ease...or what do you recommend me do with a ps2 that plays everything but DVD movies and games with a void warranty label. (4 years ago...didn't worry)

S!X
01-21-2005, 11:21 PM
Anyone know of a good place to buy a new ps2 cd/dvd dual laser part, website? Is it possible to install such a thing with ease...or what do you recommend me do with a ps2 that plays everything but DVD movies and games with a void warranty label. (4 years ago...didn't worry)

if i was you id just buy another 1 if i had the dough ;)

Wolfmight
01-22-2005, 02:34 AM
if i was you id just buy another 1 if i had the dough ;)
Getting the new slimline v10 soon, but I could have had an extra for my bro. We got a share again now. He has another tv too..would have been nice.
I'm just wondering if a new laser is easy to install.. I can solder most computer things pretty well...not to bad?

S!X
01-22-2005, 02:44 AM
Getting the new slimline v10 soon, but I could have had an extra for my bro. We got a share again now. He has another tv too..would have been nice.
I'm just wondering if a new laser is easy to install.. I can solder most computer things pretty well...not to bad?

it probbly isnt hard but i dunno if you can get that part :huh:

Wolfmight
01-22-2005, 03:03 PM
Found one at Divineo! $50 though, and the refurbished for about $30 is out of stock.
Can't you buy version 4-8 ps2s (non-slim) for like $60-80?

rookiecrd1
01-24-2005, 06:34 PM
I know this might sound rather risky, but mine also was having the same problem. It has the chip to play backups, and it wasn't playing any backups, and only a few originals. I was just gonna buy a new one, so I decided to open it up and see if I could find anything wrong. I didn't find anything at all, but decided to take a q-tip with rubbing alcohol on it and clean the lense. I did this, and now it works fine. Just be careful and don't lose any screws and you should be ok :)

Brian

muchspl2
01-24-2005, 06:49 PM
its a common problem called DRE
google are look at your other thread where I posted a link on how to fix it.

Wolfmight
01-24-2005, 09:29 PM
its a common problem called DRE
google are look at your other thread where I posted a link on how to fix it.
tried nearly 10 steps to help solve DRE..no dice either.
I'm gonna buy a new laser and install to save money, so my bro can also have a ps2 of his own.

damn, I heard some people installed the new laser and it did'nt fix the "dvd" problem. Uhg, what crap!