PDA

View Full Version : Alone In The Dark

Busyman
01-21-2005, 03:36 AM
Look at the trailer. Is it shit?

http://aloneinthedarkthemovie.com/main.html

I wonder how close it is to the video game.

3RA1N1AC
01-21-2005, 09:02 AM
it's directed by Uwe Boll. he directed House Of The Dead. someone who does videogame-to-movie adaptations admittedly isn't setting out to create high art, but (judging by his previous movie) this guy doesn't even appear to be good at the craft of directing. :P

and... too hard to tell, just by looking at a trailer. seems like the whole point of trailers nowadays is to make bad movies look awesome. Van Helsing? The Day After Tomorrow? perfect examples of trailers that were like a hundred times better than the movies they were meant to advertise.

Guyver
01-22-2005, 07:15 AM
it's directed by Uwe Boll. he directed House Of The Dead. someone who does videogame-to-movie adaptations admittedly isn't setting out to create high art, but (judging by his previous movie) this guy doesn't even appear to be good at the craft of directing. :P

and... too hard to tell, just by looking at a trailer. seems like the whole point of trailers nowadays is to make bad movies look awesome. Van Helsing? The Day After Tomorrow? perfect examples of trailers that were like a hundred times better than the movies they were meant to advertise.

Well house of the dead, had nobody actors and they wer really bad..

alone in the dark however has a very nice cast me thinks :)

cpt_azad
01-22-2005, 08:20 AM
house of dead is possibly the funniest movie i've seen, right up there with harold and kumar and monty python and the holy grail.

alone in the dark looks a bit "sketchy" (crap) but it's not out yet so i think i'll wait.

asmithz
01-22-2005, 11:45 AM
Look alot like AVP to me ;)

Busyman
01-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Look alot like AVP to me ;)
I thought it was.....for a moment. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They go to an underground complex. Check

The creatures look like the Alien. Check.

The mood is dark.....

{I}{K}{E}
01-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Trailer looks ok :)