PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Help, Slicing

colt45joe
01-21-2005, 04:12 AM
i have this picture (its a sprite sheet) from a game. and i want to make an animation, taking each picture, put it together in flash, and make a game story or something. But i dont know how to split each individual frame up to a seperate file.

in photoshop, theres a tool called slicing, and i thought that would work perfect, but i dont know how to use it, i selected each frame with the slice tool, and i have a bunch of slice layers, is there any way to make each slice into an individual picture?

heres the sprite sheet im talking about:

http://img72.exs.cx/img72/2332/castlevaniarichterbelmont7eg.gif

Skiz
01-21-2005, 05:18 AM
Easy, but use ImageReady instead of Flash (and you can't make an animation in Photoshop). It will take a few minutes but, crop each individual picture and label them (might take ten minutes) accordingly. Then just make an animated gif in ImageReady. Simple.:)

tesco
01-21-2005, 01:17 PM
after you've done all of that slicing you can click file>export or save for net or whatever it says in photoshop (i use fireworks) then save as gif and it should make a bunch of files out of the slices.

but if u need it an animated gif you will need to open up imageready and copy+paste each layer\slice into the program...one on each frame.

backlash
01-21-2005, 04:36 PM
or choose import folder as frames (save all the images to that folder, of course) and you should be set to go.

Skiz
01-21-2005, 08:00 PM
or choose import folder as frames (save all the images to that folder, of course) and you should be set to go.

Yeah, Backlash is right. I thought I included that but I guess I forgot. Once you crop them, save in a folder and open ImageReady >File > Import > Folder as frames, and then just rearrange the frame till you get the order you want. :)

Let us know how it comes out. ;)