PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been to Swindon?

Cheese
01-21-2005, 01:05 PM
I've never been there. Anyone tell me what it's like? Does it have a kick-ass nightlife? Are the women hawt? Is there a decent girl to boy ratio? Anywhere I should check out?

Hurry up though, I leave in four hours. :ph34r:

sArA
01-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Dunno.....must be one of those places that is of no interest to anyone unless you happen to live there....

Have fun :huh:

Barbarossa
01-21-2005, 01:11 PM
I think I drove through it once...

Cheese
01-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Dunno.....must be one of those places that is of no interest to anyone unless you happen to live there....

Have fun :huh:

Can I review Swindon in the review section of the board? :unsure:

uNz[i]
01-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I've never even been to the UK, let alone Swindon. :no:

So for me a review would be essential reading.

Hey, that reminds me... anyone ever been to Reading? :huh:

Cheese
01-21-2005, 01:31 PM
']I've never even been to the UK, let alone Swindon. :no:

So for me a review would be essential reading.

Hey, that reminds me... anyone ever been to Reading? :huh:

I went to Reading last year (my sister, who I'm visiting in Swindon, used to live there strangely enough). Though it was the Reading festival so I didn't see much of the town.

The town itself was quite flat which I liked, where I live is all uphill. :dry:

uNz[i]
01-21-2005, 01:43 PM
That's interesting... a bit of serendipity there.

I've seen snippets of the Reading Festival on telly... but that was ages ago.
From the little I can remember, it looked like a good place to party.

I do seem to recall Swindon being mentioned on a rerun of Minder earlier today...

100%
01-21-2005, 01:45 PM
http://www.efc.ca/images/swindonmap1.jpg

http://www.integral-yoga-centre.co.uk/images/map1.gif

manker
01-21-2005, 02:00 PM
I think the Brunel Rooms are in Swindon.

That's less dull than it sounds, it's a place I went a few times as a teenager to take drugs so I could dance to music that I hate. I seem to remember being choosy ( :unsure: ) but my mates reckon it's unrivalled for copping off with loved up fatchicks. You'll be in your oils, Cheese :D

Cheese
01-21-2005, 02:44 PM
I think the Brunel Rooms are in Swindon.

That's less dull than it sounds, it's a place I went a few times as a teenager to take drugs so I could dance to music that I hate. I seem to remember being choosy ( :unsure: ) but my mates reckon it's unrivalled for copping off with loved up fatchicks. You'll be in your oils, Cheese :D

Edit: Actually not a good idea to post that...

manker
01-21-2005, 02:50 PM
I think I know why but pm me with it anyway, you fun spoiling bar-steward :D

Cheese
01-21-2005, 02:57 PM
I think I know why but pm me with it anyway, you fun spoiling bar-steward :D

I have no idea what you're talking about. I shall not be copping off with any birds in Swindon whatsoever (as you infer with your previous post). I can't believe you'd suggest such a thing.http://moderation.invisionzone.com/style_emoticons/default/snooty.gif

manker
01-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Fat chicks eat cheese, it's a well know fact.

And not cottage cheese (coz that's mangep's job)Sometimes, cheese festers on fat chicks too. In the folds, like.

mangep would be upset at the thought of a cheese cottage :unsure:

ginguar
01-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Swindon's not amazing but there are far worse places to go such as Reading for example. All the women are kind of towny so I suppose there is a pretty good chance of a shag with most of them.

Biggles
01-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Big army college just outside Swindon. I spent a couple of weeks there but never really saw outside the Mess - unless it was for a quick whack around the site golf course. I got the impression that Swindon was a bit dull. However, it was the fastest growing town in the UK or Europe or somesuch so it might be better now. When I lived in Bath I remember that the Swindon Townies used to fight with the Bristol City mob (although they may no longer be in the same league).

Cheese
01-23-2005, 02:04 PM
There is a rather huge chav population here, the pubs are good though. I'll do a proper review when I retun home to sunny Plymouth.

manker
01-23-2005, 02:07 PM
There is a rather huge chav population here, the pubs are good though. I'll do a proper review when I retun home to sunny Plymouth.Maybe they're overspilling down the M4 and into where I live, they certainly don't sound like they're from around here.

Damn Swindon chavs :glare: :dry: