PDA

View Full Version : Exeem public release 0.20. Keep all Exeem stuff in here!

{I}{K}{E}
01-21-2005, 09:10 PM
eXeem™ is a brand new Peer-To-Peer program, which is based on the BitTorrent idea. eXeem™ eliminates the need for trackers as nodes in the program will be taking their role. eXeem™ also features easy publication of files to the network as well as a rating and comments system. eXeem™ is currently still in its beta testing phase, which means that the network might not be completely stable yet. You are still very welcome to give eXeem™ a try and see how it is different from other Peer-To-Peer programs.

Website (http://www.exeem.com)
Download (http://www.exeem.com/download.htm)
FAQ (http://www.exeem.com/faq.htm)

Please keep all Exeem stuff in here all other threads will be closed.

Exeem installs adware if you don't disable the toolbar in the setup

adware:
A form of spyware that collects information about the user in order to display advertisements in the Web browser based on the information it collects from the user's browsing patterns, it also tracks user's personal information and passes it on to third parties

Update:
eXeem 0.21 public beta

Changes:

* Fixed search crash
* Fixed node request error
* Added stop in New Files
* Removed mandatory 3rd party advertising
* Web based ads
* Minor bug fixes

Vargas
01-21-2005, 09:20 PM
if you have trouble connecting, try importing this nodes list with exeem closed

updated:added new patch with updated nodes list

Filliz
01-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Hungrylilboy's words that got deleted:dry:
True that. :cool:

Anyway,to answer your question hungryboy:

I did a search for exeem because I figured that would surely turn up some results.
And it did,almost instantly.
Try searching for that and see what you get.

There's only about 11.000 people connected at the moment so there won't be that many files on the network.

hungrylilboy
01-21-2005, 09:29 PM

Vargas
01-21-2005, 09:34 PM
i still cant connect
did you try the reg file i made? did you try using the "whats new" tab, and hit refresh?

Filliz
01-21-2005, 09:35 PM
Weird.
I got it from exlite.net.
Otherwise try the ed2k link I posted in the other thread.
it's the installer I used.(as far as that could solve the problem)

hungrylilboy
01-21-2005, 09:36 PM

Vargas
01-21-2005, 09:40 PM
yes and nothing
do you have TCP and UDP incoming enabled/forwarded on your firewall/router on the port listed in your settings?

Harsh!
01-21-2005, 10:25 PM
This looks and feels like shit...(turns off & uninstalls exeem)
Going back to the one and only BT client Azureus

Filliz
01-21-2005, 11:00 PM
ermmm....exlite still installs cydoor on my comp :dry:
I thought it was supposed to be ad/spy free? :huh:

nsane
01-21-2005, 11:08 PM
it is adware free...

did you install the regular exeem before hand? that might be what it's picking up :unsure:

Edit. Although the report seems to say that Nsane are going to release their own clean version, looking at the installation package, its looks like this is made by Nsane. Can u comment on this Nsane (I know ur on here)
i've actually teamed up the Dan, who released the current exlite. he cracks the program and i make the installation for it ;)

this is how i know, for a fact, it's spyware free :)

ziggyjuarez
01-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Looks great.Cant wait until the final version is released :01:

Filliz
01-21-2005, 11:21 PM
it is adware free...

did you install the regular exeem before hand? that might be what it's picking up :unsure:

I did install an early beta a couple of weeks ago,but I think I did a scan afterwards.Not too sure about that though.

Will open exeemlite again and do a scan afterwards.

The Reverand
01-22-2005, 01:03 AM
What does everyone think of the program so far? I think it has potential, we'll see how it goes.

muchspl2
01-22-2005, 01:05 AM
I can't get it to connect, even after loading the reg file

cpt_azad
01-22-2005, 01:07 AM
why does this have spyware?

erRor67
01-22-2005, 02:10 AM
it is adware free...

i've actually teamed up the Dan, who released the current exlite. he cracks the program and i make the installation for it ;)

this is how i know, for a fact, it's spyware free :)
So then eXeem Lite is real? Cause I remember some guy spamming on all the forums about this program yet it turned out to be a fake. <_<

muchspl2
01-22-2005, 04:58 AM
haha look at this ebay ad trying to cash in :lol:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11155&item=5746090029&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Bowen747x
01-22-2005, 05:46 AM
so what are peoples overall opinions on the potential of exeem/exlite?
do you find exeem/exlite to compare to k++?
have people found search results to be as reliable as the original suprnova website?

h121589
01-22-2005, 05:49 AM
eXeem sux for now imma stick to Azureus for now until the full version of eXeem comes out b/c eXeem is taking forever to connect to a ET Torrent

vegeta
01-22-2005, 06:15 AM
eXeem sux for now imma stick to Azureus for now until the full version of eXeem comes out b/c eXeem is taking forever to connect to a ET Torrent

yep it dosent have many options like seting prirority to files in torrents,etc.

for me it connected in seconds :P

nsane
01-22-2005, 06:30 AM
So then eXeem Lite is real? Cause I remember some guy spamming on all the forums about this program yet it turned out to be a fake. <_<
no, it's real. i've been running it for 2 days now, scanned with ad-aware, m$ antispy, spy sweeper, and spybot s&d...nothing...clean as a whistle...

i even included aldo's hosttool with a cydoor blocklist for the next version...just incase ;)

RealitY
01-22-2005, 08:26 AM
If some of the members here have made the lite app perhaps you could make an nfo for it with some links to the site like Kazaa_Lite_Plus_v++(FileSharingTalk.com).rar and News_Groups_Complete_With_Guide(FileSharingTalk.com)-rty.rar and get it going on a big seed also...

vegeta
01-22-2005, 01:25 PM
hey what's the tracker drill in exeem,i think that it sets our ip as an tracker,but not sure.?

vegeta
01-22-2005, 01:29 PM
look @ the another exxm lite window it dosent seem to go away even when minimised to tray!

dodgy368
01-22-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm running the lite version and am having 2 problems.

1. Very slow upload speed, 2 people d/l'ing from me have a combined max speed of 6kb/ps(might just be their problem though).

2. I can only Publish 1 file at a time, anyone know how to publish multiple files?

vegeta
01-22-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm running the lite version and am having 2 problems.

1. Very slow upload speed, 2 people d/l'ing from me have a combined max speed of 6kb/ps(might just be their problem though).

2. I can only Publish 1 file at a time, anyone know how to publish multiple files?

im having your second problem too,actually they have done it intentionally so that the peer can get the maximum speed.

going for such small problems is no use just think they must have made so many changes between exeem 0.16-0.20.still this isnt the final ver.

i think we have to wait 4 a month or may be more to get the best out of exeem :)

Filliz
01-22-2005, 03:11 PM
look @ the another exxm lite window it dosent seem to go away even when minimised to tray!

Press Alt+F4 to ged rid of that blank window.
It's a bug supposed to be fixed in the next version.

dodgy368
01-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Upload speed is ok, it was their problem. :)

Nightwolf
01-22-2005, 07:41 PM
If you install the official version of eXeem, then run Spybot, Adaware, and Pest Patrol will the program still function?

Filliz
01-22-2005, 08:21 PM
If you install the official version of eXeem, then run Spybot, Adaware, and Pest Patrol will the program still function?

You can remove cydoor and still run it,but it will come back next time you open up exeem.

By the way;
Here's the first exeem indexing site:
http://www.exeems.com/

vampiro
01-22-2005, 08:36 PM
i did an adaware scan to see if there was any spyware with exeem but it came clean also run the usual other spyware apps as well n still showed clean, maybe the cydoor is actually encodeing in to the prog and not using the useuall .dll file for cydoor

Filliz
01-22-2005, 09:50 PM
version 0.20 is out.

*Remove dl link: Cydoor is still in it

erRor67
01-22-2005, 09:53 PM
You can remove cydoor and still run it,but it will come back next time you open up exeem.

By the way;
Here's the first exeem indexing site:
http://www.exeems.com/
I sure hope their hashing is better than Fasttrack's :lol:

erRor67
01-22-2005, 09:54 PM
no, it's real. i've been running it for 2 days now, scanned with ad-aware, m$ antispy, spy sweeper, and spybot s&d...nothing...clean as a whistle...

i even included aldo's hosttool with a cydoor blocklist for the next version...just incase ;)
Whats the home link to Exeem lite?

Mïcrösöül°V³
01-22-2005, 10:17 PM
I would try the lite version, cuz im not installing any POS with adware on PURPOSE.

dodgy368
01-23-2005, 12:05 AM
Is the eXeem network down cos I can't connect? :(

erRor67
01-23-2005, 01:09 AM
What version of eXeem are u using? If ur using eXeem Lite .20, then thats probably why. Cause I was using it and it wasnt connecting. Then the ExLite site took off that version and put back the old one (.18) cause I guess it wasnt working. Lol, and it still had spyware.

Anywayz, Im using eXeem Lite .18 and it connects and all.

EDIT: Oh, and interesting enough, eXeem Lite .19 is out. http://www.exlite.net/

Bowen747x
01-23-2005, 04:48 AM
yeah i just exlite .19

odly though it still displays that it is 0.18 in the app window
but they fixed the second window from opening
and unfortunatly i cant connect :(

Spicker
01-23-2005, 05:13 AM
omg i need help here...

after installing exeem .20 (not exlite) and also adding the reg patch thingy....my browser is loading webpages soooooooooo slow....i dont understand why :(

i tried IE too its slow in every browser...a site takes 3 minutes to load....

i uninstalled Exeem but still having the same problem...what should i do?????

it wasnt doing this before...

vegeta
01-23-2005, 05:49 AM
Press Alt+F4 to ged rid of that blank window.
It's a bug supposed to be fixed in the next version.

thx it helped :)

vegeta
01-23-2005, 06:26 AM
omg i need help here...

after installing exeem .20 (not exlite) and also adding the reg patch thingy....my browser is loading webpages soooooooooo slow....i dont understand why :(

i tried IE too its slow in every browser...a site takes 3 minutes to load....

i uninstalled Exeem but still having the same problem...what should i do?????

it wasnt doing this before...

I Think that u have messed up ur system,cuz when ever theres a prob in ie,there is a problem in system.

or ur net must not be responding properly!

ftcnt
01-23-2005, 07:14 AM
i havent looked but one of the places to get exlite is on emule?...didnt find it...instaling exeem

erRor67
01-23-2005, 07:34 AM
get eXeem Lite at http://www.google.com

Spicker
01-23-2005, 01:53 PM
come on guys help me out...i dont want to format...its not my internet connection because im getting over 200 in bt

rrtn
01-23-2005, 05:08 PM
come on guys help me out...i dont want to format...its not my internet connection because im getting over 200 in bt
d/l and run HiJackThis (www.merijn.org)...remove all the crap :)

Spicker
01-23-2005, 05:51 PM
i reset my modem its working fine now :) thanx for ur help.

it wasnt exeem it was those 20 torrents i was downloading....lol stupid modem

Peerzy
01-23-2005, 05:55 PM
I installed eXeem Lite from nsane and suddenly i had folders in program files called AdStatus Service , BullsEye Network and temp. All containing .exe's called Bargin, and other dodgy stuff. I cannot delete any of the files and there not in ad and remove programs. Also Ad-Aware suddenly crashes now when scanning these folders. I suspect your 'Lite' version needs a bit more 'Lite-ing'

ObiWan
01-23-2005, 07:12 PM
I installed the official exeem 0.20 client then run adaware and spybot.

Ad-Aware SE (v1.05 Latest Defs) came up clean and spybot only detected an empty folder called AdCache (i think) in the system32 dir as cydoor. there was no dll or exe files detected.

lynx
01-23-2005, 07:24 PM
I installed eXeem Lite from nsane and suddenly i had folders in program files called AdStatus Service , BullsEye Network and temp. All containing .exe's called Bargin, and other dodgy stuff. I cannot delete any of the files and there not in ad and remove programs. Also Ad-Aware suddenly crashes now when scanning these folders. I suspect your 'Lite' version needs a bit more 'Lite-ing'Strange, I've just downloaded and installed it and don't have any of those problems.

However, I do know some people who have recently been infected with all the things you've just mentioned, and they haven't been anywhere near Exeem. It looked like a standard MS security hole exploit. Spybot removed them all without any problems.

Windows Update?

Skydragon
01-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Hmmm...I don't like it. Each time I seach for something, it's fine but when I download something the program freezes on me and I have to close everything. I'm going to wait for a future version.

Peerzy
01-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Strange, I've just downloaded and installed it and don't have any of those problems.

However, I do know some people who have recently been infected with all the things you've just mentioned, and they haven't been anywhere near Exeem. It looked like a standard MS security hole exploit. Spybot removed them all without any problems.

Windows Update?

Spybot shows nothing, Adaware crashes while scanning the files i mentioned above AVG shows clean.

lynx
01-24-2005, 01:51 AM
Hmmm...I don't like it. Each time I seach for something, it's fine but when I download something the program freezes on me and I have to close everything. I'm going to wait for a future version.I've noticed that there seems to be a big problem after any search. Apart from becoming unresponsive (and using 100% cpu) I don't know what it is doing, but it really screwed permissions to do virtually anything other than run normal progs.

Download speeds were good, but I think I'll wait until there's a more stable version.

Mr. Elmo
01-24-2005, 04:54 AM
is there anyways for it to list every file uploaded? I want to see all the files. What i love about suprnova was that i can go on, go under movies, and look through their list and pick out a couple movies i want to watch. Is the "new files" the same thing? or does it only list....new files.

EDIT: another thing, is there anyway to have it list it in catagories? or will i have to wait untill the next release? :(

EDIT: ROFL, YES!!! JUST WHAT I WANTED. A PROGRAM THAT LETS ME DOWNLOAD AT A WHOLE 178 B/S...not 178 kB/s....178 B/S. only 1 months and 17 days b4 my movie finish downloading. woohoo :angry: :angry: :angry:

Fupac
01-24-2005, 06:50 PM
I've noticed that there seems to be a big problem after any search. Apart from becoming unresponsive (and using 100% cpu) I don't know what it is doing, but it really screwed permissions to do virtually anything other than run normal progs.

Download speeds were good, but I think I'll wait until there's a more stable version.

I'm having a similar issue. On top of that, my resolution goes to 640*480 when im alt tabbing or switching to another windows account. It wont let me do anything like switching the resolution back. I was just wondering if anyone has had this same issue.

dodgy368
01-24-2005, 10:01 PM
My e-lite has totally locked up now, time to uninstall and wait for the next updated version methinks! :(

Vargas
01-25-2005, 02:42 AM
if you want a crapware free exeem get 'clean exeem' from nsane

erRor67
01-25-2005, 07:04 AM
but Nsane's site points to exlite.net :unsure:

RealitY
01-25-2005, 08:12 AM
Is it possible to make a modified installer that has the default web page as...
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/index.php?

Vargas
01-25-2005, 09:42 AM
but Nsane's site points to exlite.net :unsure:
ok he didn't update the homepage link, but the file isn't exlites.
see http://zeropaid.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=300736&postcount=8

Zee_Epi
01-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Hey,

I have been reading through the posts and had never heard of Nsane until now, i went to their site (which does not point the exlite.net anymore). I havent yet download their version of Exeem Lite (as i am not that impressed with eXeem so far, but you never know it may grow), but i downloaded their version of Kazaa Lite, which i havent used for about 6-8 months because of all the shit that was in it the last time i used it (which was also a Lite version). After installing Nsane's Kazaa Lite, i am very impressed, it has a loads more features than any other Kazaa Lite ive came accross, This is my new favourite site :D

And i trust this one a hell of alot more than exlite.net.

Thanks
Z

jetje
01-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Can someone close this shit... :ohmy:
Eczeem isn't good, hell it's :devil:

spyware adware a scam lite version and a program that's as bad as MS millenium :whistling

The idea isn't bad but it should taken up by smart people that develop for filesharing purposes not for making money. If someone develops a great tool like Bittorrent and asks to donate for developing i'm sure he would hit the jackpot. See how many are willing to donate to good Torrent sites :ph34r:

erRor67
01-25-2005, 11:29 PM
ok he didn't update the homepage link, but the file isn't exlites.
see URL removed
Well, I tried Nsane's version of a cleaned Exeem. But it still tries to connect to Cydoor. I know cause Protowall is blocking the connections. I guess clean eXeem isnt totally cleaned.

Peerzy
01-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Well, I tried Nsane's version of a cleaned Exeem. But it still tries to connect to Cydoor. I know cause Protowall is blocking the connections. I guess clean eXeem isnt totally cleaned.

Read my posts above, its not clean at all.

{I}{K}{E}
01-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Read my posts above, its not clean at all.

thats why links 2 the lite version arent allowed until its real Lite ;)

Peerzy
01-25-2005, 11:35 PM
thats why links 2 the lite version arent allowed until its real Lite ;)

Is it illigal to link to a piece of software that lies :unsure: , better remove that Paid To Post link up there as i havnt been paid a penny yet for posting on the forum.

Vargas
01-25-2005, 11:43 PM
well since it uses the HOSTS file to redirect to localhost, whats the big deal?

EDIT: well :shit:
back to the drawing board :bag:

erRor67
01-26-2005, 12:13 AM
but if it was really redirected to the HOSTS file, then Protowall wouldnt be blocking it ;)
the HOSTS file may block some of cydoor's sites, but I really doubt we got all of them. Hell, just connect to the IP address and u already passed the HOSTS file.

punkerz123
01-26-2005, 01:05 AM
I'm having a similar issue. On top of that, my resolution goes to 640*480 when im alt tabbing or switching to another windows account. It wont let me do anything like switching the resolution back. I was just wondering if anyone has had this same issue.

im having the same problem... i just uninstalled exeem lite. GRRRR

Postman Pat
01-28-2005, 11:37 PM
Hi all,

Being old and thick, I am very new to this filesharing malarkey. I started using kazza lite in November and it worked brillantly until mid December. Since then, I can rarely get a connection. My ISP is ntl in the UK, so I guess they have done something to mess up my connection to the kazza network. So I started looking for another filesharing program and came across emule. I used it for a bit, but found it too complicated for me so went on the hunt for another program. Came across the Suprnova site, used ABC as the program and found it brillant. Just click on a link and you get the film you want. The site closed the next day...:) Bit late there. So been on the hunt again and saw mention of this exeem and thought I would give it a try. Have used exeem from launch day, here's my comments on it:

+ points: Looks and feels very like kaaza lite, but nicer. I like it a lot. Its very easy to use and on its first day got up to 50k users, although this has now dropped back to about 19 and a half at time of writing. Have been getting much faster speeds than kazza lite. For someone like me, exeem is a doddle to use. Like the rating and comments sections.

-points: As said, exeem seems to drain your computer of resources. Trying to use any programs, including IE while using exeem for a while brings everything to a halt.

Although i exit exeem correctly, when i reopen the program all the things i am trying to download say "queued for checking" somethings this can take hours....even though I may only have a dozen items to download.

Some things i tried to download just stopped half way through and disappeared from exeem screen. In my downloaded folder I have about six items that are half completed.

As already said, are new items just going to be new, or can we get a list of all items? When will items no longer be new? Why do we have to hit refresh each time to update?

My last tab, next to the search tab I cannot read as its obscured by a white-ish patch. What does it say?

I have tried to publish files. Takes ages to upload then when it says 100% i go looking for files in search and can't find them on exeem network.

Searching is slow and can't always download comments.
---------

While exeem is going through these teething problems, can anyone recommend to me an easy to use filesharing program and sites to get new films and tv progs from? Many thanks.

Samurai
01-28-2005, 11:42 PM
You should give eMule Plus a try if you're still looking for another p2p client. The link's in my sig.

Now, on to the important stuff... Where's my mail? I've been expecting a parcel since Monday and it hasn't arrived :no:

{I}{K}{E}
01-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Welcome Postman Pat ;)

good review.

For new movies you can check Filelist.org. (you need to register) it's a bittorrent community which also shares new movies, for TV series check out btefnet.net (also for bittorrent, no register needed)

Postman Pat
01-29-2005, 02:02 AM
Thanks for your comments ike and samurai.

Vargas
01-30-2005, 04:19 PM
here is the best skin i've seen so far.
screenshot (http://img117.exs.cx/img117/6414/clipboard021lg.png)
(skin attached)

BawA
02-02-2005, 03:04 PM
sorry if am late..
just tried exeem looks damn fine special the "new files" function, speeds r very extremly good and its still in beta stage, the only thing i didnt like is search, search results r so poor.

Peerzy
02-02-2005, 03:23 PM
sorry if i am late..
just tried exeem looks damn fine special the "new files" function, speeds r very extremly good and its still in beta stage, the only thing i didnt like is search, search results r so poor.

So you like the Spyware & Adware now sitting on your computer?

Hanz™
02-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Surely you can jsut get Exeem Lite to fix that?

{I}{K}{E}
02-02-2005, 03:33 PM

when you install it without the 'toolbar' you don't install adware.
Tried it last week. ad-aware and spybot found nothing.

Peerzy
02-02-2005, 03:37 PM

Im almost certain if still installs some form of spyware/adaware, as i refused the toolbar and am now stuck with a few nasty's i cannot remove. I scanned before and everything was clean and i scanned after and it was not.

BawA
02-02-2005, 03:42 PM

same here(didnt install toolbar), no adware were found after scanning with 3 diffrent ad removers(MS Anti spyware, Ad-aware, Spybot S&d)

Peerzy
02-02-2005, 03:44 PM
same here(didnt install toolbar), no adware were found after scanning with 3 diffrent ad removers(MS Anti spyware, Ad-aware, Spybot S&d)

Thats only 1 ad remover. Two remove spyware one removes adware.

BawA
02-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Thats only 1 ad remover. Two remove spyware one removes adware.
egzzzzzzzzz Wrong

Ad-Aware is designed to provide advanced protection from known Data-mining, aggressive advertising, Parasites, Scumware, selected traditional Trojans, Dialers, Malware, Browser hijackers, and tracking components. With the release of Ad-Aware SE Personal edition, Lavasoft takes the fight against Spyware to the next level.

Spybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of different kinds from your computer. Spyware is a relatively new kind of threat that common anti-virus applications do not yet cover. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you didn't intentionally install, if your browser crashes, or if you browser start page has changed without your knowing, you most probably have spyware. But even if you don't see anything, you may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging that is silently tracking your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile of you that will be sold to advertisement companies. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm in trying to see if something snooped into your computer, too :)

MS AntiSpyware Helps protect your PC from spyware and other potentially unwanted software.software.

{I}{K}{E}
02-02-2005, 04:11 PM
k now please back on-topic we were talking about Exeem :P

Peerzy
02-02-2005, 04:14 PM
egzzzzzzzzz Wrong

no adware were found after scanning with 3 diffrent ad removers

1)
Ad-Aware is designed to provide advanced protection from known Data-mining, aggressive advertising, Parasites, Scumware, selected traditional Trojans, Dialers, Malware, Browser hijackers, and tracking components. With the release of Ad-Aware SE Personal edition, Lavasoft takes the fight against Spyware to the next level.

So thats one that fights adware.

2)
Spybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of different kinds from your computer. Spyware is a relatively new kind of threat that common anti-virus applications do not yet cover. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you didn't intentionally install, if your browser crashes, or if you browser start page has changed without your knowing, you most probably have spyware. But even if you don't see anything, you may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging that is silently tracking your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile of you that will be sold to advertisement companies. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm in trying to see if something snooped into your computer, too

Hmmmm nothing about adware in that.

3)
MS AntiSpyware Helps protect your PC from spyware and other potentially unwanted software.software.

Again, no mention of adware.

Hench my only one is an adware remover. All three scan for spyware but only one scans for adware.

no adware were found after scanning with 3 diffrent ad removers

Only one adware remover.

BawA
02-02-2005, 04:28 PM
ok i forgot to add spyware alonge adware, but u didnt know all three were capable of removing spyware which means u dont have enough knowlage of apps(which u attend toi)
anyway as Ike said back on topic, i stop here!

Peerzy
02-02-2005, 05:26 PM
ok i forgot to add spyware alonge adware, but u didnt know all three were capable of removing spyware which means u dont have enough knowlage of apps(which u attend toi)
anyway as Ike said back on topic, i stop here!

No, i never said all three were capible of removing spyware and i never said they didn't. I never commented on them, and because of that i don't have enough knowledge of applications (enough knowledge to do what or say what?)

Exeem for me is to much like Kazaa, it uses the same looking GUI with a search and transfer tab. Like bawa said it returned poor search results and had little to offer me.

{I}{K}{E}
02-08-2005, 04:34 PM
eXeem 0.21 public beta

Changes:

* Fixed search crash
* Fixed node request error
* Added stop in New Files
* Removed mandatory 3rd party advertising
* Web based ads
* Minor bug fixes

Entity101
02-08-2005, 04:39 PM
You can block the ads with a firewall. Simply block outgoing TCP on port 80 for exeem.

oscarxp
02-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Hello Every one this is a new Exeem Lite check it out

http://www.exlite.pl

Verified Files For Exeem

http://exeemfiles.dl.am/

punkerz123
03-05-2005, 04:01 AM
is there an officially CLEAN one yet?

rb1235
03-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Hello Every one this is a new Exeem Lite check it out

http://www.exlite.pl

Verified Files For Exeem

http://exeemfiles.dl.am/
yeah, the lite version is great.
the ad banner is getting a little annoying.

{I}{K}{E}
03-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Finaly, after quite some times, eXeem version 0.22 Public Beta has been released. The most important new feature is, that eXeem gets nodes from other nodes. The other new feature is that eXeem is now available in 8 languages. eXeem currently supports the following languages: Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Italian, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish. We will be adding new languages during next weeks. If you do not know how to change the language, please visit eXeem's FAQ site.

Fixes:

* Files from 200+ can now be downloaded.
* Progress bar moves from 1 to 100.
* Requests nodes when searching.
* Comment window does no longer grow.
* Sometimes it takes search more than 30 minutes to finish.
* Other small fixes.
* Auto update.

Changed:

* Minimum upload is now 5 kB/s.
* Refresh changed from 1 minute to 10.
* A different window will be displayed when stop seeding is displayed.
* Download and upload rate will always be kB/s.

Added:

* Nodes from nodes.
* Support for different languages.
* Search dispays how many sagments it has searched already.
* Restore defaults button added.
* Enabling/disabling event log.
* Right click - Remove file from computer.
* Added Home button for internal browser.

http://www.exeem.com/

Vargas
03-07-2005, 10:20 PM
http://img208.exs.cx/img208/2024/clipboard024rt.png
http://img208.exs.cx/img208/2024/clipboard024rt.png
:angry:

EDIT i guess ill have to switch to the firewall port 80 block trick, instead of the hosts file trick, where's eXhancer?

...Changed:
* Minimum upload is now 5 kB/s.
and what about people on dialup that saturate their upstream above 2.88kB :frusty:

erRor67
03-08-2005, 01:13 AM
are you freaken serious? Now they are checking if you are blocking ads? Hmm, I wonder if eXHancer fixes this... I'l have to check it out.

nsane
03-08-2005, 04:53 AM
exhancer still works :)

oscarxp
03-08-2005, 10:47 AM
where can i download exhancer and is it better than the exeem lite from http://www.exlite.pl

Vargas
03-08-2005, 07:03 PM
where can i download exhancer

Theres a few internal issues to correct before we can release it unfortunatly. We will release it as soon as physically possible... please bare with us!

rb1235
03-09-2005, 01:33 AM
Vargas,
are you serious? that is some serious stuff.

erRor67
03-09-2005, 01:36 AM
eXhancer isnt working with exeem .22 for me. I still get that stupid "you are blocking ads" message. I turned off protowall, HOSTS and pac files yet i still get it. I dont know what else it could be. Hell, even without eXHancer i still get that damn error. I dont know whats blocking the ads.

erRor67
03-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Hmm, I think eXeem modifies your HOSTS file. Cause when i check it, i noticed a lot of entries were missing. And the missing entries were cydoor sites and three exeem sites. Or maybe perhaps some other program of mine modified it... :unsure:

jiggaplz1
05-01-2005, 03:55 AM
Exeem suck ass, i like better good old private sites with good dl speed like elitetorrents, torrentleech or filelist.