PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Repair Disk

AzNsMaRtGuY333
01-21-2005, 10:18 PM
my floppy drive is broken and i cannot make an emergency repair disk. is there any third party software that i can use to make a bootable cd if my computer crashes.

*i have acronis true image and there is a tool called Create Bootable Rescue Media there is an option in there to create a cd but my problem is that i called dell tech support and they told me the only disk that works when your comp crashes is a floppy since it opens a dos menu or something like that.

harrycary
01-21-2005, 11:57 PM
This may not solve your problem...

Why can't you just replace your floppy drive?...they are literally dirt cheap.

Unless you're unemployed I can't see any reason to not just replace it.

Hell, go to a local PC shop and buy a used one. In the US they can be had for just a few dollars.

peat moss
01-22-2005, 01:11 AM
Its easy to replace the floppy drive takes two mineuts .

Link: http://www.computer-and-printer-reviews.com/installing-floppy-disk-drives.html

AzNsMaRtGuY333
01-22-2005, 01:38 AM
im trying to learn other ways of making a repair disk...is true image a possibility? why can it only be on floppy? stuff like that..not learning how to install floppies

peat moss
01-22-2005, 02:05 AM
Oh I get now ! :lol: Here are some Back up utilities to check out. Some guides aswell .

http://www.pcworld.com/resource/browse/0,cat,1229,sortIdx,1,00.asp

fkdup74
01-22-2005, 05:16 PM
dell dont know their assholes from their elbows :P
acronis true image is great, i use it, but....
yeah dude, a floppy drive is like 5 bucks and takes 2 mins to install

dell is probably telling you that because they have a recovery partition on your HDD
a lot of OEM PCs ship that way
utter waste of HDD space if you ask me :P
because it doesnt just backup the OS...
it backs up ALL the bundled shit that came with it

SingaBoiy
01-22-2005, 05:22 PM
3 words... boot to cd-rom

peat moss
01-22-2005, 07:43 PM
3 words... boot to cd-rom

Ya I pm'd him with some tips , He wants to back up before changing a HDD. But he was just looking for some pointers . :)