PDA

View Full Version : I Need A Job!!!

Mr. Elmo
01-22-2005, 07:58 AM
hmmm, im 16, no exp in the career fields. What type of job should i start out with? mcdonals is a :no: :no: :no:

wonder if places liek bestbuy/circuit city/ compusa accept 16 years old.

S!X
01-22-2005, 08:00 AM
try to get somethin in the warehouse business like unload shipments or someshit

SingaBoiy
01-22-2005, 02:27 PM
hmmm, im 16, no exp in the career fields. What type of job should i start out with? mcdonals is a :no: :no: :no:

wonder if places liek bestbuy/circuit city/ compusa accept 16 years old.
Have to be 18 in most electronic store. ;) If your got your L's you can deliver paper. :rolleyes:

Mr. Elmo
01-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Have to be 18 in most electronic store. ;) If your got your L's you can deliver paper. :rolleyes:

hmm....driving is good, but if im going to deliver stuff, might as well be pizza and get some tips...hehe

harrycary
01-22-2005, 08:45 PM
I worked in a movie theater all through high school.

Except for the cleaning, it was a great gig.

I only made minimum wage though($2.85hr).

But, free movies, downtime between shows and meeting a lot of girls made it pretty sweet.

I just wish the internet was around back then so I could bootleg movies.

That would've been a piece of cake the last 2 years I was there 'cause I was the assist mgr(with all the keys) and knew how to thread-up and run the projectors.(I used to have private screening parties for my friends after hours)

I got the job with the help of my marketing teacher at school.

Fast food work sucked back then and is even worse now.

good luck

bigboab
01-22-2005, 09:35 PM

But, free movies, downtime between shows and meeting a lot of girls made it pretty sweet.

That would've been a piece of cake the last 2 years I was there 'cause I was the assist mgr(with all the keys) and knew how to thread-up and run the projectors.(I used to have private screening parties for my friends after hours)

good luck

I worked in the movie theatre when I was young too. Free movies. Low wages but you are not spending because you are working when you would normally spend. You get to meet lots of people. :)

Ariel_001
01-22-2005, 11:25 PM

What is a "L" and why is it needed to deliver paper.

worldpease
01-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Im guessing L, stands for Drivers License, lol...
and you need a car to deliver the Paper.

Mr. Elmo
01-23-2005, 12:57 AM

good luck

ooo wtf? 2.85hr? over here, min wage is 5.75....i think. I refuse to work anywhere for less than $7.....well, unless it was a strip club/photoshoot

trajillo
01-23-2005, 02:52 AM
Im guessing L, stands for Drivers License, lol...
and you need a car to deliver the Paper.

L = Learning and you have that for about a year or something but you got to drive with a person with a full License..and after that you do some tests and you get P's which you can drive by yourself for like 2 years or something then you get Green P's and then your full License..... sad.. :no:

tesco
01-23-2005, 02:57 AM
well, don't do deliveries.
paying for gas costs quite a bit.

Mr. Elmo
01-23-2005, 04:13 AM
well, don't do deliveries.
paying for gas costs quite a bit.

it's 1.95/gallon :no: :no: :no: :no:

Rip The Jacker
01-23-2005, 04:18 AM

good luck
I'm in high school right now, and I work at a movie theatre, and its great! :D

Minimum wage is $2.85 for you? :blink: I make 10 cents more than minimum wage here ($6.75).

But yeah, free movies (me and 3 friends anytime)! My brother keeps the ticket stubs, and its $10 a movie, I've saved over $500 on movies alone! :D Then there is the downtime, girls, celebrities that come. Everything is cool, box office, concession, and hell, even cleaning is great! People forget money, cell phones, video games/music CD's they buy from Tower Records, and just leave it in the theatres. :shifty:

harrycary
01-23-2005, 05:31 AM
Umm, yes minimum wage in the united states was $2.85 in the US.

It was 1981.

Although technically min wage was $3.35, there was a provision in the law that stated kids my age can be paid min wage minus .50¢ per hour. That is if you didn't work more then 40 hours a week.

Supposed to save businesses money or something.

Still a good gig. Paid for gas, beer, smokes, pretty much anything I wanted.

Plus, I used to sell the candy from school at the inflated prices of a movie theater. Since I counted the money at night, I just took my share of the differences in prices. For every box of M&Ms (both kinds) I made .50¢.

good times, good times.

Rip The Jacker
01-23-2005, 05:34 AM
Umm, yes minimum wage in the united states was $2.85 in the US.

It was 1981.
:blushing: