PDA

View Full Version : i really need some help

johnq86
01-22-2005, 04:15 PM
i want to know if there is a way i could burn movies onto a cd-r or cd-rw and play them on my home dvd player or ps2?

fkdup74
01-22-2005, 04:41 PM
i want to know if there is a way i could burn movies onto a cd-r or cd-rw and play them on my home dvd player or ps2?

you got to get into re-encoding for that
to VCD or SVCD, and then you only get to play it on the dvd player
PS2 wont play em

manker
01-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Yes there is. Use WINavi or TMPGenc to convert the .avi files to .vob files and burn them with Nero to play on your DVD player.

Search this forum for guides - there are some great ones in MovieWorld - for the specifics, your question has been asked and answered many times.

Edit: I guess the guides are in the guide section now, not MovieWorld :doh:

fkdup74
01-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Yes there is. Use WINavi or TMPGenc to convert the .avi files to .vob files and burn them with Nero to play on your DVD player.

Search this forum for guides - there are some great ones in MovieWorld - for the specifics, your question has been asked and answered many times.

Edit: I guess the guides are in the guide section now, not MovieWorld :doh:

you cant do VOBs on a cd-r/rw

manker
01-22-2005, 05:01 PM
you cant do VOBs on a cd-r/rwOops, I thought it said dvd in the original post.

I should have stayed out of this thread :D

fkdup74
01-22-2005, 05:09 PM
I should have stayed out of this thread :D

blah. wheres the fun in that? :lol:
actually, i dont even like VCDs...but he asked :P

me sticks wit teh DVD-Rs :D
CD-Rs are for music, backups, pirated windows, etc.... :lol:

manker
01-22-2005, 05:16 PM
:lol: :D

Same here. I suppose the last time I encoded a movie to put on a CD was before I got a DVD burner. Now I don't even convert to .vobs that very often 'cause my DVD player is fine with .avis.

Technology makes ya lazy :P

fkdup74
01-22-2005, 05:20 PM
:lol: :D

Same here. I suppose the last time I encoded a movie to put on a CD was before I got a DVD burner. Now I don't even convert to .vobs that very often 'cause my DVD player is fine with .avis.

Technology makes ya lazy :P

i got an ooold dvd player...no avi support :( *sniff sniff* :P
thats ok...prices on DVD-Rs are going down...a little anyway

johnq86
01-23-2005, 04:41 AM
sorry but how do i do it step byr step cuz i cant find the things i nned to burn a movie onto a cd-r

muchspl2
01-23-2005, 05:12 AM
you can't
/thread

johnq86
01-23-2005, 04:20 PM
if u cant then how come one of the other members told me i could?.......i kno i burned the test fiel an put it on a cd and it worked.please dotn make fun fun me just let me kno politely if there is or isnt a way to put movies on cd-rs.

fkdup74
01-24-2005, 06:42 AM
tempgenc or virtualdub will probably be what you need
hard for me to say, i havent tried a VCD in forever

http://www.afterdawn.com/
http://www.doom9.org/

two very nice sites for video help :)