PDA

View Full Version : essay question on test...

Guyver
01-24-2005, 01:03 AM
the essay question is:

How did hitler go from convict to leader in only ten years?

anyone fucking know? lol

Guyver

vidcc
01-24-2005, 01:06 AM
the opposable thumb

manker
01-24-2005, 01:21 AM
the essay question is:

How did hitler go from convict to leader in only ten years?

anyone fucking know? lolWeird, I watched a 2 hour documentary detailing just that only a week or so ago (no kidding).

So yeah, I do know in detail but I'm not writing an essay. Suffice to say he is a naturally charismatic bloke who the nazi party were quick to utilise.

The German Chancellor at the time of his ascent to absolute power, Hindenburg, was the democratic leader of Germany and held the popular vote but was pressured into making Hilter the Chancellor because the country was in disarray. He was meant to have little power but it didn't quite turn out that way.

You should really read a bit about it now. It's pretty interesting and teaches some valuable lessons.

(>Zero Cool<)
01-24-2005, 01:28 AM
what manker said :rolleyes:

Guyver
01-24-2005, 01:38 AM
Weird, I watched a 2 hour documentary detailing just that only a week or so ago (no kidding).

So yeah, I do know in detail but I'm not writing an essay. Suffice to say he is a naturally charismatic bloke who the nazi party were quick to utilise.

The German Chancellor at the time of his ascent to absolute power, Hindenburg, was the democratic leader of Germany and held the popular vote but was pressured into making Hilter the Chancellor because the country was in disarray. He was meant to have little power but it didn't quite turn out that way.

You should really read a bit about it now. It's pretty interesting and teaches some valuable lessons.

yeh im gonnna read into it, i was trying to take the easy way out lol..
but thnx for that lol :)

Guyver

tesco
01-24-2005, 02:08 AM
arrgh there's soo much.
If it sums up in 2-5 pages in my history text book then i'll scan it in for you tommorrow. :)

Guyver
01-24-2005, 03:02 AM
i have to right my final tomrow at 9 am..lol

i found a good place in my text book..

Hitlers rise to power,,,,ill read that andd make notes nad i should do fine :)

tesco
01-24-2005, 03:05 AM
lol alright.

shite i just realized i didn't write down the essay topics for my exam on friday (american history class).
SHe wrote it on board, got mad at me for not writing, i said i would later, and i never did. :huh:

Guyver
01-24-2005, 03:28 AM
lol alright.

shite i just realized i didn't write down the essay topics for my exam on friday (american history class).
SHe wrote it on board, got mad at me for not writing, i said i would later, and i never did. :huh:

uhh ohhh lol :P

zedaxax
01-24-2005, 03:49 AM
I did not know Hitler was a convict? whats the story behind that?

vidcc
01-24-2005, 03:50 AM
lol alright.

well how much could there be?

Guyver
01-24-2005, 04:32 AM
I did not know Hitler was a convict? whats the story behind that?

yeh hitler was sent to prison for treason, a 5 year stay, but he got out in 8 MONTHS!!

Nazi BASTARD!lol

zedaxax
01-24-2005, 04:37 AM
Nazi BASTARD!lol

He wasn't a Nzibstrd until he created it.....

thanks for info

edit: nazi is negative, i doubt that children get named "adolph" why?

Rip The Jacker
01-24-2005, 06:34 AM
I saw a documentary on Hitler a while ago. Did you know that Hitler actually survived somewhere around 40 assassination attempts? Hitler literally had a bomb in the same room, a few feet from him, explode... and he survived the explosion when almost everyone else died.

manker
01-24-2005, 11:47 AM
He wasn't a Nzibstrd until he created it.....

thanks for info

edit: nazi is negative, i doubt that children get named "adolph" why?He didn't actually create it, Hitler was member number 549 of the nazi party (technically he was number 49 but they started at 500 to make it seem like they had more members).

He went to prison because he was actively involved in disrupting the public meetings for the popular democratic party. He organised many of the disruptions with the forerunners of the SS storming into buildings where the meetings were held and basically kicking the shit out of the opposing politicians, there is b/w footage of this happening, unbelievable. Eventually he got caught and was found guilty and sentenced for 60 months but by then the nazi party were rather powerful so he only served 8 months of it. By the time of his release the slick nazi propaganda machine had ensured he was more popular than ever ... .

The only thing I know about the name Adolf is this; when I was a kid learning German I wrote a letter to an imaginary penfriend (a class exercise) starting 'Leiber Adolf' - I was eleven and it was the only German name I knew.

The German class assistant gave me the biggest bollocking of my life in front of the class, telling me that the name is never used and that I needed to learn about his misdeeds before insulting everyone that fought against him. A bit harsh of her, probably, but I never did it again :blushing:

Guyver
01-24-2005, 06:36 PM
ahh my final was soo easy :D

Guillaume
01-24-2005, 08:30 PM
He went to prison because he was actively involved in disrupting the public meetings for the popular democratic party. He organised many of the disruptions with the forerunners of the SS storming into buildings where the meetings were held and basically kicking the shit out of the opposing politicians, there is b/w footage of this happening, unbelievable. Eventually he got caught and was found guilty and sentenced for 60 months but by then the nazi party were rather powerful so he only served 8 months of it. By the time of his release the slick nazi propaganda machine had ensured he was more popular than ever ...

He was sent to jail for attempting a coup d'état in Munich in 1923. Not for stirring sh*t with Roehm's SA. (http://www.secondworldwar.co.uk/ahitler.html)

manker
01-24-2005, 08:37 PM
He was sent to jail for attempting a coup d'état in Munich in 1923. Not for stirring sh*t with Roehm's SA. (http://www.secondworldwar.co.uk/ahitler.html)Fair enough, I was recounting my recollection of the program so I won't object.

I suppose that is the trouble when you get your info from only one source, as I did.