PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens - Doctors won't clear him to play

rookiecrd1
01-26-2005, 02:48 AM
Owens' doctor says he won't clear Eagles receiver to play in Super Bowl

By ROB MAADDI, AP Sports Writer
January 25, 2005
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Terrell Owens' doctor said Tuesday he will not give the All-Pro receiver clearance to play in the Super Bowl.

Owens saw his doctor Tuesday, one day after telling reporters he would play against the New England Patriots on Feb. 6.

Dr. Mark Myerson said he's pleased with Owens' recuperation, but maintains the surgery requires a recovery period of eight to 10 weeks. Myerson said in a statement Tuesday night that any attempt to accelerate the rehabilitation process poses the same risk for injury.

Should be very interesting to see what happens here. He says he'll play, but will the Eagles allow it?

Brian

Adster
01-26-2005, 06:36 AM
wont matter stupid pats will shut him down

BigBank_Hank
01-26-2005, 03:56 PM
After seeing the doctor he went back to the practice facility and ran on the treadmill. Knowing what kind of competitor T.O. is I’m pretty sure if he can run on it he’ll play know matter what the doctor says. I can’t say I blame him though because he might never get another opportunity to play in the Super Bowl.

rookiecrd1
01-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah it must be pretty tough for him. He really was one of the contributing factors in how the Eagles got the top playoff seed. Without it, who knows if they'd be headed to Jacksonville. He deserves a shot to play, and I think he will. It's hard to shut down McNabb, and Westbrook as is. McNabb tends to run a lot more in the playoffs, and that makes it tricky to watch against McNabb Running, and Westbrook out of the back field or at WR. Adding TO just make the Pats have to focus on something else as well.

Brian