PDA

View Full Version : Online Game Rental Services

Legolas
01-26-2005, 07:29 AM
Hey guys- I dont know how many of you get your console games through the mail, but id appreciate any help in deciding which service to choose if you do. Right now, I have Gamefly, and it totally sucks. It takes them 2 weeks to get my game and 2 weeks for them to send it. That is total bs. Well now Im looking to get rid of gamefly and go with a better service. The reason i hear gamefly takes so long to ship is because they have only one center, in california. However, I live in New York. So what im looking for is a service with obviously more than one shipping center and a good selection. Im looking at gamerang. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Rip The Jacker
01-26-2005, 07:36 AM
So, besides the long wait for games, is GameFly a pretty good service? I wanted to try GameFly, and I live in California...

Monkeee
01-26-2005, 07:37 AM
Wow One Game a month? Thats Harsh... as soon as i order a game it comes the next day.... anyways you can try http://www.gamereplay.com/
its closer to you so you might get your games faster.

Monkeee
01-26-2005, 07:38 AM
So, besides the long wait for games, is GameFly a pretty good service? I wanted to try GameFly, and I live in California...

there is no long wait, its just that it takes a long time for gamefly to receieve it.

Legolas
01-26-2005, 04:28 PM
actually, people in california actually tell me it takes a long time for shipping as well. Gamerang has shipping centers in New Jersey, California and some central state. Therefore, I would expect gamerangs games to get to me a lot faster, as they can handle more demand on games. I also hear bad things from gamefly that if u try to cancel, theyll charge you for any games you have out. Thats why i just took all the games off of my que. When they finally get the game I sent back 2 weeks ago, ill cancel and they cant charge me for anything..

SingaBoiy
01-26-2005, 04:31 PM
I also hear bad things from gamefly that if u try to cancel, theyll charge you for any games you have out.
Of course... you think they'll just let you keep it? :blink:

asmithz
01-26-2005, 04:37 PM
I like http://www.gameznflix.com/, i signed up with them, and for 3 months i didnt get charged a dime. The third month, i figured out how to get games for free, so i canceled, but i did keep the games i rented and they didnt say anything.

Monkeee
01-27-2005, 04:26 AM
hmmm... whatever, but gamefly is great, i just order and comes the next day, but rarely it takes another extra day for it to come.

Rip The Jacker
08-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Signed up for the free trial with Gamefly on the 17th. They shipped my first two games on the 18th, and I got both of them today (the 19th). So far Gamefly is pretty cool, so far so good. :)

Monkeee
08-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Signed up for the free trial with Gamefly on the 17th. They shipped my first two games on the 18th, and I got both of them today (the 19th). So far Gamefly is pretty cool, so far so good. :)

lol if you live in LA, you'll probally can do local pick up , since the Gamefly place is in orange county :D:P

Rip The Jacker
08-20-2005, 01:37 AM
I doubt they let me do a local pick up :P , but yeah it's cool being real close. I live 30 minutes away from them, so the games should arrive much quicker, I just might stay a member instead of cancelling after the free trial. :)