PDA

View Full Version : Why was Kitty Kate's God thread deleted?

manker
01-26-2005, 01:22 PM
I noticed the flurry of mods around the bottom of the thread but just before the thread was deleted, IKE had posted a light hearted message welcoming Kitty Kate to the board along with a :lol: smiley.

Myself and a few others were having a bit of a laugh at the end of that thread about little old ladies and goblins. I don't think that was breaking any rules whatsover. Please to be bringing it back.

I don't like censorship at the best of times but this really is ridiculous, especially given that the thread was there before I went to bed last night and IKE was participating in the joviality.

Yogi
01-26-2005, 01:26 PM
Me concurs!!

Put it back!!

Samurai
01-26-2005, 01:27 PM
praise the lord i miss muchspl2's pics :(

muchspl2
01-26-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm on moderation because of them!

Rick Phlegm
01-26-2005, 01:40 PM
I notice that muchspl's censorship thread's been deleted as well.

I hope that's not supposed to be some kind of joke :dry:

Guillaume
01-26-2005, 01:42 PM
I suppose we can't have threads were members openly disagree with teh mods and admins on this board, what with google indexing it and stuff.

Plus, my question about the required height to enter heaven was unanswered.

Busyman
01-26-2005, 01:45 PM
I noticed the flurry of mods around the bottom of the thread but just before the thread was deleted, IKE had posted a light hearted message welcoming Kitty Kate to the board along with a :lol: smiley.

Myself and a few others were having a bit of a laugh at the end of that thread about little old ladies and goblins. I don't think that was breaking any rules whatsover. Please to be bringing it back.

I don't like censorship at the best of times but this really is ridiculous, especially given that the thread was there before I went to bed last night and IKE was participating in the joviality.
I imagine a Christian was offended. :unsure:

Mr. Mulder
01-26-2005, 01:45 PM
life just doesn't seem the same without it :crying:

Guillaume
01-26-2005, 01:46 PM

So threatening non-christians with eternal damnation is perfectly acceptable?

Rick Phlegm
01-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Most of them are pretty easily offended tho.

I guess spending your life in fear of some imaginary ghost throwing your ass into Hell does that to you. :unsure:

Busyman
01-26-2005, 01:50 PM
Most of them are pretty easily offended tho.

I guess spending your life in fear of some imaginary ghost throwing your ass into Hell does that to you. :unsure:
It was offensive. I wasn't surprised it was deleted. Who knows, it might have been because of the mod "speak-out" though.

I wouldn't have reported it though.

MagicNakor
01-26-2005, 01:50 PM
I don't know...I don't like these flurries of unexplained lockings/deletions.

I hadn't even had a chance to look at the Jesus thread. :(

I'll see what I can find out.

:shuriken:

manker
01-26-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm offended that the thread was deleted.

My indignation is just as important as any Christian's.

Muchspl is on moderation now, he says it's for the pics but it's more likely to be the post in EATB, I reckon. Btw, I don't think anyone did disagree with a mod in the thead that got deleted from the lounge.

The only mod to post in it was IKE and he was having a larf.

manker
01-26-2005, 01:51 PM

:shuriken:Thanks MN :D

Busyman
01-26-2005, 01:52 PM

Damn, don't the mods talk to each other? :blink:

I remember IKE deleting a rack of shit that was unwarranted before.....then putting it back. :huh:

Phantom stuff indeed. :helpsmili

Rick Phlegm
01-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Muchspl is on moderation now, he says it's for the pics but it's more likely to be the post in EATB, I reckon.
That sounds more like it to me as well, especially since it's now conspicuously missing.

It was a perfectly reasonable post (aside from attacking IKE by name) and addresses a pretty serious point since the deleting of random posts is getting a bit ridiculous IMO

Busyman
01-26-2005, 01:55 PM
I'm offended that the thread was deleted.
Especially with no explanation or trace of who did it.

Ya can't even PM the responsible party. :ermm:

ahctlucabbuS
01-26-2005, 01:55 PM
I never got the chance of reading it.

If a christian mod/admin was offended however, you can start praying.

Nothing wrong with a bit of sound critisism, even where god are concerned.

Meanwhile, enjoy some more blasphemy:
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

*Starting countdown for deletion*

MagicNakor
01-26-2005, 01:57 PM
I tried looking in the trash to see, but it's just redirecting me to the front page. I posted a thread in the mod board about it.

I never got to read it either. I made a note to read it when I had some time, but when that happens, no dice. ;)

Rick Phlegm
01-26-2005, 01:57 PM
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/shirtadstandardthong0105.jpg

That's the gifts for next xmas sorted out. :01:

Busyman
01-26-2005, 01:58 PM
I tried looking in the trash to see, but it's just redirecting me to the front page. I posted a thread in the mod board about it.

I never got to read it either. I made a note to read it when I had some time, but when that happens, no dice. ;)

I remember IKE trying to undelete something and I think he said the same thing happened.

manker
01-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Especially with no explanation or trace of who did it.

Ya can't even PM the responsible party. :ermm:I've reported whoever did it in the report section. Obviously I couldn't be specific but it's the only course of action us unimportant members can take :dry:

I think that is what the report section is for, perhaps if a few other people reported the non-specific mod something may get done.

Rick Phlegm
01-26-2005, 02:00 PM
I've reported whoever did it in the report section. Obviously I couldn't be specific but it's the only course of action us unimportant members can take :dry:

I think that is what the report section is for, perhaps if a few other people reported the non-specific mod something may get done.
There's a slight problem with reporting mods in the report section tho.

The thread might get deleted. :dry:

Busyman
01-26-2005, 02:03 PM
There's a slight problem with reporting mods in the report section tho.

The thread might get deleted. :dry:
OK, everybody go home...wanker fucked it up for everybody. :ermm:

muchspl2
01-26-2005, 02:03 PM
I have nothing agienst ike or others those pics was done in jest but whats sad is I'm on moderation because of it, this happing on my birthday of all days
shit i'm 29 fucking years old and bitching about post and a forum
guess I should get a life are whatever

Rick Phlegm
01-26-2005, 02:05 PM
I meant the report thread. :huh:

{I}{K}{E}
01-26-2005, 02:06 PM

RPerry trashed it. he didnt add a Reason for Editing so I don't know why he trashed it.

change skin.

The Chromo skins 'fucks up' the trash section.

Please dont start threads like this, just PM a mod/admin or start a thread in the report section. we mods can see who trashed/removed something.

12. Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up to public discussion or questioning and will not be tolerated. Complaints concerning moderators or their actions may be discussed with that moderator or brought to the attention of an administrator by means of a Private Message (PM).

MagicNakor
01-26-2005, 02:13 PM
The thing about the Chromo skin is good to know...but I'm using the forum default.

RPerry
01-26-2005, 02:13 PM
no rules broken... ok. lets look at these:

8. There will be no excessive use of profanity. Please keep all foul language to a minimum. Action will be taken against those who choose to disobey, no exceptions

9. There will be no offensive or inflammatory posts meant to offend or hurt any other member(s) or guest(s) of this forum. The use of racial, ethnic, gender based insults, contents or discriminatory comments of any kind will not be allowed or tolerated. Expect action against you if you do.

12. Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up to public discussion or questioning and will not be tolerated. Complaints concerning moderators or their actions may be discussed with that moderator or brought to the attention of an administrator by means of a Private Message (PM)

~closed~