PDA

View Full Version : Flat Lemonade Tastes better than FIzzy Lemonade.

manker
01-26-2005, 07:44 PM
When you've drunk half the bottle, it actually starts to quench your thirst a bit and tastes quite nice. This is true for posh pop like Sprite or your common or garden Tesco Value variety.

If you agree that flat lemonade > fizzy lemonade, click agree.

If you think fizzy lemonade > flat lemonade, vote disagree.

If you think that this poll is rubbish, click Stfu.

Cheers.

Busyman
01-26-2005, 07:56 PM
I clicked option 3.

Sprite and Tesco are not lemonade in the least so....

STFU!!!

Cheese
01-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Lemonade is for fags who like lager tops. :glare:

cpt_azad
01-26-2005, 11:32 PM
STF...wait...... agree.....

j2k4
01-30-2005, 08:52 AM
WTF is "fizzy" lemonade?

What sort of idiot would carbonate good lemonade? :huh:

Rip The Jacker
01-30-2005, 08:59 AM
Lemonade is teh nasty.

MagicNakor
01-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Can't say I've ever had carbonated lemonade...

:shuriken:

Cheese
01-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Lemonade means different things in american/Canada.

Lemonade - Lemonade in England is a clear, sparkling, lemon flavoured drink that is either drunk as it is or added to lager to make shandy. Seven-up and sprite would both qualify as lemonade in England.

enoughfakefiles
01-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Is`nt lemonade always sold at teh roadside in america by the brownies. :blink:

Busyman
01-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Oh I see.

WTF is shandy!!!?? :lol: :lol:

I like lemonade usually flavored with strawberry or rasberry.

....and fuck you I'm no fag and wtf is lager top?

j2k4
01-30-2005, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Lemonade - Lemonade in England is a clear, sparkling, lemon flavoured drink that is either drunk as it is or added to lager to make shandy. Seven-up and sprite would both qualify as lemonade in England.

It would seem then that you could use a few real lemons... :huh:

We should take up a collection; a sort of lemonade...aid.

manker
01-30-2005, 02:25 PM
Those who take the ade suffix at it's literal meaning and miss the 'Sprite' reference in the initial post can offer no meaningful input on this topic.

I thought that was obvious, I shall be more precise next time and purposely exclude N. Americans http://www.sighost.us/members/danb/snooty.gif

j2k4
01-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Those who take the ade suffix at it's literal meaning and miss the 'Sprite' reference in the initial post can offer no meaningful input on this topic.

I thought that was obvious, I shall be more precise next time and purposely exclude N. Americans http://www.sighost.us/members/danb/snooty.gif

Screw your initial post, buddy; I read the title of the thread, first.:whistling

Snee
01-30-2005, 02:48 PM
I like it when it's not totally flat, so that there's just bubbles enough to barely notice them.

And it should be ice cold, and fanta lemon, rather than sprite or seven up.

So, uhm, it's best semi-flat. :unsure:

Cheese
01-30-2005, 03:39 PM
....and fuck you I'm no fag and wtf is lager top?

Lager top would be a pint of lager with a dash of Sprite or 7up. A shandy is half of each. It's what girls like manker drink when they're not drinking Babychams. :dry:

manker
01-30-2005, 04:14 PM
If I recall correctly, it was 9 pints of the finest cider the Westcountry has to offer, or rather 9 pints of Dry Blackthorn since they didn't have Strongbow (my drink of choice at the time). I will admit to being a bit of a :fluffbucket: since I asked the bar steward to flavour each with Blackcurrent cordial.

Screw your initial post, buddy; I read the title of the thread, first. :whistling See, typical American - not looking past the gaudy exterior to wonder at the esoteric marvels within :dry:

Snee
01-30-2005, 04:19 PM
That's why the interior of the average dodge looks like crap straight from the factory.

j2k4
01-30-2005, 05:04 PM
That's why the interior of the average dodge looks like crap straight from the factory.

What you said.;)

manker
01-30-2005, 08:57 PM
At the time it was the only purveyor of alcoholic beverages to the hoi poloi.Why?

Btw, I don't know if you noticed but I was drinking Dry Blackthorn - surely the blackcurrentage can be forgiven. It was either that or Castlemaine XXXX :sick:

Cheese
01-30-2005, 09:03 PM
Why?

Btw, I don't know if you noticed but I was drinking Dry Blackthorn - surely the blackcurrentage can be forgiven. It was either that or Castlemaine XXXX :sick:

I'd have thrown the XXXX in as well and had Snakebite & Black. :01:

manker
01-30-2005, 09:11 PM
I'd have thrown the XXXX in as well and had Snakebite & Black. :01::01:

I was talking to someone recently, when pissed, about whether snakebite already had the blackcurrent in or whether you'd have to ask for it to be added.

You used to be a bar-steward, I believe. So that's the point cleared up - now if only I could remember which side I was arguing for :blink:

tesco
01-31-2005, 02:32 AM
oops.
i voted before reading the thread description.

I didn't know sprite counted as fizzy lemonade :cry:

Busyman
01-31-2005, 06:06 AM

Well I voted for your STFU option because we American's don't consider lemonade and SODA in the same category and therefore not up for comparison.

I consider lemonade to be fruit juice, Sprite is soda.

Your first post mentioned flat lemonade...isn't that shaken up Sprite with the fizz let out? :blink:

Maybe I should have voted fizzy. Yup, that's right...fizzy. :ermm:

Flat lemonade just ain't the Sprite that I paid for.

Cheese
01-31-2005, 09:08 AM
:01:

I was talking to someone recently, when pissed, about whether snakebite already had the blackcurrent in or whether you'd have to ask for it to be added.

You used to be a bar-steward, I believe. So that's the point cleared up - now if only I could remember which side I was arguing for :blink:

Snakebite is just cider & lager. Some people call snakebite & black 'diesel' instead, which is nice.

Anyhow, I though you had done a spot of barwork once-upon-a-time? :unsure:

manker
01-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Snakebite is just cider & lager. Some people call snakebite & black 'diesel' instead, which is nice.

Anyhow, I though you had done a spot of barwork once-upon-a-time? :unsure:Yeah, always put black in it tho' without asking. No-one ever complained but that may be because I'm a double hard bar steward.

manker
01-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Well I voted for your STFU option because we American's don't consider lemonade and SODA in the same category and therefore not up for comparison.

I consider lemonade to be fruit juice, Sprite is soda.

Your first post mentioned flat lemonade...isn't that shaken up Sprite with the fizz let out? :blink:

Maybe I should have voted fizzy. Yup, that's right...fizzy. :ermm:

Flat lemonade just ain't the Sprite that I paid for.After much confusion, Busyman bucks the trend set down by his brethren and gets it :01: ;)

Busyman
01-31-2005, 12:09 PM
After much confusion, Busyman bucks the trend set down by his brethren and gets it :01: ;)
I think the lemonade thingie was kinda weird.

For we confu-zed Americans the poll would have made sense if it said something like

Lemon Soda Tastes better Flat

It's funny how things are different over there versus here.

btw flat SODA in general quenches thirst more than carbonated soda because it lacks the co2. There's no swallowing of the crackle.

The problem is it tastes like :shit:.

I like taking some of the fizz out but not all of it but I do this with ALL sodas unless it's in ice, which mellows a little.

hobbes
01-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Just another example that we use the same words, they just mean different things.

And look at heartache it has caused. The anger, the suspicion, the romance, the intrigue all over lemonade.

I had Panack is France once, it lets the sweetness of lemonade cancel the bitterness of beer. It made beer taste "not bad". But we professionals drink beer for the effects not the flavor.

http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/Cellar/2377/canspics/France.JPEG

See #2

Busyman
01-31-2005, 05:47 PM
Just another example that we use the same words, they just mean different things.

And look at heartache it has caused. The anger, the suspicion, the romance, the intrigue all over lemonade.

I had Panack is France once, it lets the sweetness of lemonade cancel the bitterness of beer. It made beer taste "not bad". But we professionals drink beer for the effects not the flavor.

http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/Cellar/2377/canspics/France.JPEG

See #2
I don't really drink beer but I'll drink hard liquor.....so I can get drunk. :nuke:

However, hard liquor tastes like :shit: so that's why I like apple martinis made with apple Pucker.

'Cause it tastes so gooooooooood!!! :1eye:

j2k4
01-31-2005, 08:37 PM
I shant allow that "brethren" comment to pass unaddressed, Manker.

There.

I have addressed it, and feel better for having done so. :)

manker
02-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Thanks for that, j2 :lol:

I don't really drink beer but I'll drink hard liquor.....so I can get drunk. :nuke:

However, hard liquor tastes like :shit: so that's why I like apple martinis made with apple Pucker.

'Cause it tastes so gooooooooood!!! :1eye:My gaydar just went off :cool2:

I drink lager 'cause it tastes nice but mainly for the effect. Looking up at hobbes' post, I think the French are trying to make shandy drinking seem acceptable, which is commendable if you're a shandy drinking ponce, I suppose.

DanB
02-01-2005, 04:50 PM
My tunnocks teacake pwns everything else at this moment in time

... damn now its all gone :frusty:

Busyman
02-01-2005, 06:23 PM
My gaydar just went off :cool2:

You must have just touched yourself.

Cheese
02-01-2005, 09:06 PM
nvm...

S!X