PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Beep Code

Mr. Elmo
01-26-2005, 07:48 PM
does anyone knows of a site that has the beep code that i can listen to? I found a lot of sites that has the beep code such as 1-1-2-3, but I want to listen to what it actually sound like. I have a board with a phoenix bios and its giving me some weird beep code. It's like a series of different frequencies beep w/o pauses between them. I want to actually hear what a beep code sounds like.

lynx
01-26-2005, 10:35 PM
All beep codes I've heard in the past have been the same frequency, and all the beeps short and the same length.

The example you gave (1-1-2-3) would be

beep pause beep pause beep beep pause beep beep beep long pause, repeat.

Mr. Elmo
01-26-2005, 11:22 PM
yea, i know how the beep goes, but when my mobo beeps, it's of different frequency. its like , low pitch, high pitch, midpitch, high pitch, low pitch and so on....there are a total of 8 beeps and it loops. There are no pauses as far as i can tell.

peat moss
01-27-2005, 02:16 AM
yea, i know how the beep goes, but when my mobo beeps, it's of different frequency. its like , low pitch, high pitch, midpitch, high pitch, low pitch and so on....there are a total of 8 beeps and it loops. There are no pauses as far as i can tell.

Found a site with codes , but don't think you'll find a sound site tho! :unsure:

http://www.amptron.com/html/bios.beepcodes.html

Edit: If you read the codes it's bad memory or Mobo problem I think . 8 beeps . Ah shit could be vid problem too . I see what you mean , pain in the ass . :(

Mr. Elmo
01-27-2005, 02:21 AM
yea, but there are a few combinations for 8 beep code for the phoenix bios. It isnt exactly a beep code though as its different frequency.....arg, i just emailed tech support and hopefully they have an answer.