PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Files

m8t
04-02-2003, 05:04 AM
:blink:
hi guy's
i need some info on this one too. i'm using windows 98se and i recently downloaded a programme which is for LINUX users. i messaged one of the users i was downloading from, and i asked if it was for WINDOWS users or LINUX. he messaged back and said WINDOWS so i did'nt think i'd get caught again, but sure enough when i opened the file it was for LINUX. i renamed the original file in my shared folder so everyone would know, obviously not too many do it. is there a way i can use a LINUX programme on the WINDOWS 98SE os? the programme is Autodesk Viz 4
regards
m8t

MagicNakor
04-02-2003, 06:09 AM
I don't believe you can run a LINUX program with Windows, unless you have the LINUX OS on your harddrive, in which case you could set up a dual boot.

Edit: http://www.xwinpro.com/ might be an emulator, not sure.

:ninja:

Synthetic
04-02-2003, 11:43 AM
use a linux emu :)

Lindows maybe?

Synthetic

MagicNakor
04-02-2003, 01:23 PM
I don't think Lindows is an emulator, but rather another OS that combines both Windows and Linux technology?

:ninja:

m8t
04-05-2003, 07:10 AM
:D
hi guy's
thanks for the info ! i managed to get the correct version from KazAa . in the end i had to delete the LINUX version from my shared folder, as all the users uploading from me were also windows users. they were not reading my description details.
regards
m8t :)