PDA

View Full Version : Man Wrongly Declared Dead

UcanRock2
01-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Reading this story makes you wonder about our so called "Medical Saviors".

Read about it here! (http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/26/declared.dead.ap/index.html)

ruthie
01-27-2005, 03:21 PM
I read that. At least they saw him breath before doing a damn autopsy. Jeez

vidcc
01-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Hopefully a lesson will be learned and a repeat will be avoided.
Humans makes mistakes, it is even more unfortunate when several seperate but related mistakes happen at the same time.

bigboab
01-27-2005, 08:11 PM
I read that. At least they saw him breath before doing a damn autopsy. Jeez
If they started the Autopsy Ruthie, they would have seen him bleeding. Dead people dont bleed.

j2k4
01-29-2005, 06:33 AM
If they started the Autopsy Ruthie, they would have seen him bleeding. Dead people dont bleed.

:lol: Painfully obvious!

ruthie
01-29-2005, 06:40 AM
:)

cpt_azad
01-29-2005, 08:58 AM

good point

mogadishu
02-05-2005, 09:39 PM
what happens to their blood? I'm not disagreeing, but Im just wondering.. does it solidify or what?

vidcc
02-06-2005, 12:25 AM
what happens to their blood? I'm not disagreeing, but Im just wondering.. does it solidify or what?
If the heart is not beating there will be no pressure to pump the blood out. Veins are also elastic to a degree and will contract and make the "exit hole" smaller because the pressure isn't there to keep it expanded...imagine a balloon contracting once the air is let out.

The blood will settle in the body parts closest to the ground and will eventually decay along with the rest of the body assuming it is left untouched.
So a dead body may "seep" blood if an artery is cut but it won't bleed like a live person would.

hobbes
02-06-2005, 01:00 AM
I remember when Vidcc declared Jpol dead. He then later revised that statement to say he was "one of the 5 most boring people on the planet".

Easy mistake, could have happened to anyone.

Mogadishu-As Vidcc said, without a heart pumping, there is no pressure to cause bleeding and soon standing blood clots to become a soft gel like substance.

Have a ncie day.

vidcc
02-06-2005, 02:33 AM
I remember when Vidcc declared Jpol dead. He then later revised that statement to say he was "one of the 5 most boring people on the planet".

Easy mistake, could have happened to anyone.

i never declared him dead just dull and the exact phrase i used was he was ten of the most boring people i know ;)

hobbes
02-06-2005, 02:41 AM
i never declared him dead just dull and the exact phrase i used was he was ten of the most boring people i know ;)

Please excuse my artistic flair and/or fuzzy memories.

j2k4
02-06-2005, 06:55 AM
Have a ncie day.

I'd be interested in one of those days; where can I find one?:huh: