PDA

View Full Version : Join the FST Football Pool!

SingaBoiy
01-27-2005, 05:58 PM
I PMed this idea to rookie. Hopefully will get a reply soon. I thought it would be a great idea to have a football pool for FST with part of the money going to FST.

For those who dont know what this is... I have made a chart, randomized the numbers 0-9 and put them on each side of the chart. A person who wants to participate in this will donate the ammount for the pool they want to play in to [email protected] . They will then be put in a random spot in the chart. This will give them 2 numbers (one from each column they are in). When the end of the quarter comes, you look at the last number of the team's score. The person that has those numbers wins money. This happens for each quarter. Here is an example.

Say you have #3 for Eagles and #7 for Patriots. You win if the score is:

Eagles 13, Pats 17
Eagles 3, Pats 27
Eagles 13, Pats 7

You dont win if:
Eagles 7, Pats 13
Eagles 17, Pats 23

And so on. Each quarter there is a winner. If the score stay the same throughout the game, one lucky person will win some big bucks.

For the $5 pool, $75 will go to each person that wins in the first 3 quarters, $100 to the last quarter and $175 will go towards FST. I will add some charts for what all the money goes to in a few minutes.

SingaBoiy
01-27-2005, 05:59 PM
http://urlcut.com/footballfst

100%
01-27-2005, 06:19 PM
I don't get it. How do you put money into a Gmail account?

SingaBoiy
01-27-2005, 06:23 PM
I don't get it. How do you put money into a Gmail account?
It will be going in to a PayPal account, or if a better option is available then that. Forgot to include that. Should have also included that if arent interested in it, there is no need to reply.

{I}{K}{E}
01-27-2005, 06:26 PM
It will be going in to a PayPal account, or if a better option is available then that. Forgot to include that. Should have also included that if arent interested in it, there is no need to reply.

Donate ?% of the money to Brian to help him with the server costs ;)

Moved -> Sports

SingaBoiy
01-27-2005, 06:46 PM
Added a pic to show how much money the winners get. I added this to lounge cause sportsworld is dead :(

Can you add "Help FST!!!" to the end of the title? :)

{I}{K}{E}
01-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Added a pic to show how much money the winners get. I added this to lounge cause sportsworld is dead :(

Can you add "Help FST!!!" to the end of the title? :)

dont you need to wait to see how many will join before posting the money prize :huh:

SingaBoiy
01-27-2005, 06:53 PM
dont you need to wait to see how many will join before posting the money prize :huh:
Thats whats estimated. Maybe it will encourage more people to join. Might only be able to do the $5 pool.

Busyman
01-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Thats whats estimated. Maybe it will encourage more people to join. Might only be able to do the $5 pool.
Man if this works, this could start FSTVegas Club. Legal issues need to be explored first, rookie. :unsure:
--------------------------------------------------
Thanks to whatever mod or admin. :whistling ;)

rookiecrd1
01-27-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm up for the idea, but just aren't too sure about the legality of doing this. Anyone know?

Busyman
01-27-2005, 07:25 PM
I'm up for the idea, but just aren't too sure about the legality of doing this. Anyone know?
Yup......it's illegal.

It's internet gambling and could draw the wrong attention. :nuke:

The RIAA or MPAA or fileswapping haters would sic the authorities on it.

I liked the idea though too. I like dollar-to-my-hand interactivity. :w00t:

SingaBoiy
01-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Football pools are legal atleast they are in the US. Dont think other countries would have a problem with them. Ive done a few over the last couple yrs. But they might be illegal online. But no one has to know :ph34r:

Im only gonna let myself join the $5 pool. Im pulling numbers out of a hat. Unless there is some program that can pick random 0-9 numbers andd keep track of ones already picked :unsure:

Busyman
01-28-2005, 02:11 AM
Football pools are legal atleast they are in the US. Dont think other countries would have a problem with them. Ive done a few over the last couple yrs. But they might be illegal online. But no one has to know :ph34r:

Im only gonna let myself join the $5 pool. Im pulling numbers out of a hat. Unless there is some program that can pick random 0-9 numbers andd keep track of ones already picked :unsure:
We're talking online Singa and yes it's illegal.

Intenet gambling bud.....