PDA

View Full Version : My Impressions Of The British Via The Telly...

brotherdoobie
01-27-2005, 07:44 PM
My first impressions of the british were through,the television shows of my youth.

Monty Python,Benny Hill,Are You Being Served,The Young Ones,Doctor Who,Faulty Towers,Absolutely Fabulous,Whose Line Is It Anyway.

Man...those shows are ace!

Doctor Who and Monty Python in particular helped my young mind grasp the concept of Surrealism.

How were your perceptions of other nations, affected by the telly?

Peace bd

100%
01-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Upon visiting Neuva YORK, (aka ol' amsterdam) I did not see any resemblance to those,
one encounters on american televised moving images and the inhabitants.
It was, may i say honestly - a wonderful surprise.

Cheese
01-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Slightly off-topic: Whenever I see an american police station on TV it is always really busy and in the background policemen are leading hookers around, always without a doubt there will be badly dressed hookers in the background. Is this what it's really like in an american police station?

manker
01-27-2005, 07:55 PM
What surprised me is that Americans are actually a lot thinner on the TV than in real life :ohmy:

100%
01-27-2005, 07:58 PM
I find that the English are extremely accurate in depicting "the English" in movie/tv world.
The rawness, mortgages, the ultra sophisticated to the direct reality of fish and chips.

DarthInsinuate
01-27-2005, 08:17 PM
I find that the English are extremely accurate in depicting "the English" in movie/tv world.
The rawness, mortgages, the ultra sophisticated to the direct reality of fish and chips.
i had raw fish from a fish and chip shop once :dry: , never went there again

TheDave
01-27-2005, 08:21 PM
american pwn us at happy sit-coms. my family is the only one ive thought funny in the last 5 or so years and saying that i reckon i'm gonna get called a n00b or sommat.

DarthInsinuate
01-27-2005, 08:23 PM
sommat, My Family was funny for the first couple of series, then when the funny one left, it was much less funny, you noob

Cheese
01-27-2005, 08:25 PM
american pwn us at happy sit-coms. my family is the only one ive thought funny in the last 5 or so years and saying that i reckon i'm gonna get called a n00b or sommat.

What about Green Wing? That program makes me piss myself for real even now I've watched it like 5 times through.

Edit: Noob. :dry:

TheDave
01-27-2005, 08:34 PM
its not a happy family sitcom though. thats what i'm saying

Rat Faced
01-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Little Britain is the funniest thing on TV at the mo...

IMHO..

Yogi
01-28-2005, 08:40 AM
My perception of American Highschools was either they are filled with hot cheerleaders,

jocks and nerds or with nasty looking gun carrying thugs and idealist teachers.

This is somewhat corrected since Kelly "freakho" Osborne stars in "life as we know

it".... :blink: :sick:

http://www.tvtome.com/images/shows/22/8/26-15027.jpg
[find the error in above picture............. :helpsmili :lol: ]