PDA

View Full Version : Rent and Burn?

DiRect
01-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Hi,
I am new to the forum, but have a question. Has anyone rented movies from Block Buster or any other place than burn them onto an empty DVD-R. You know how some movies from there are not exactly capable of fitting on a 4.7 GB DVD-R. Is there anywayz we can buy the DVD, put it in our DVD-RW and remove the extras so it is able to fit on a DVD-R. Or, do official releases use 4.7 GB discs as well since they have 2 CD's. What's the big secret? What kind of discs do they use and am I able to burn some movies from there onto an empty DVD-R as I can't find few movies I need.

Regards,
DiRect

backlash
01-28-2005, 09:10 PM
yes. dvdshrink is a great piece of software. www.dvdshrink.org

Samurai
01-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Wasn't this just discussed, like yesterday? :blink:

DiRect
01-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Hi,
Couldn't you also use IFOEdit?

Regards,
DiRect

{I}{K}{E}
01-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Hi,
Couldn't you also use IFOEdit?

Regards,
DiRect

no need to use IFOEdit.

Use DVD Shrink

check out:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=62423

Gre1
01-28-2005, 10:00 PM
I prefer to use DVD2ONE just used it on two movies before I saw this post. I ripped 2 dvd's and put them on one disc.

DiRect
01-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Hi,
Are blockbuster movies serial protected? I hear that from a lot of people. They say that when you rent a movie from BlockBuster, you can't burn it. Is that true? I'm not trying to create an AVI file, I just want to take off the extras and burn.

Regards,
DiRect

Mïcrösöül°V³
01-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Wasn't this just discussed, like yesterday? :blink:
It prolly was, but the whole point of a forum is to politely guide new (or old) people in the right direction. A forum isnt just a database of crap, its fun to interact with people, otherwise we could all just go read a book for all the answers we need. :)

Samurai
01-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Orrrrrrrrrrr... we could all try searching. Y'know like normal people.

Mïcrösöül°V³
01-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Hi,
Are blockbuster movies serial protected? I hear that from a lot of people. They say that when you rent a movie from BlockBuster, you can't burn it. Is that true? I'm not trying to create an AVI file, I just want to take off the extras and burn.

Regards,
DiRect
I have never tried a blockbuster movie, but one odd thing i have noticed about their movies:

I have a freind whos DVD player wont play blockbuster movies, but it will play svcd's. The only thing i can figue is there must be some kinda protection on the disc's. And yes, his player is new......still wierd tho.

Mïcrösöül°V³
01-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Orrrrrrrrrrr... we could all try searching. Y'know like normal people.
yea, they could do that too :P

Samurai
01-28-2005, 10:55 PM
yea, they could do that too :P

:rolleyes: they all do it, regardless. check out this thread http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t90122-.html

Mïcrösöül°V³
01-28-2005, 11:00 PM
:rolleyes: they all do it, regardless. check out this thread http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t90122-.html
yea, i saw that thread earlier. It just the new people. They just arent familiar witht board i would like to think. Me personally, i dont care if a question has been asked 1000 times, i like to help when i can, and i would just give them link to the apprpriate thread................................or poop on them :P

Samurai
01-28-2005, 11:17 PM
i just pm them an image of my cawk... they never come back after that :blink:

DiRect
01-28-2005, 11:55 PM
Hi,
Alrite, thnx for the help. I guess I will have to try it. Wow, I can't believe I didn't notice this site before.. it rocks.

Regards,
DiRect

SingaBoiy
01-29-2005, 03:04 AM
I prefer to use DVD2ONE just used it on two movies before I saw this post. I ripped 2 dvd's and put them on one disc.
I used to use dvd2one. DVDShrink give you better quality.

You can rip out other languages to free up space and get better quality. Can take out stuff like extras too.

worldpease
01-29-2005, 05:05 AM
I would "strongly" recomend " CloneDVD", its only like 3MB and you can get it from Ares, Kazaa, Bittorrent, etc. Plus, its easy to instal, and even easier to use, in part because "it takes care of compression" you don't do a thing, just click next, next, next, and so on.

And About Searching instead of asking here: Well, first, its like filesharing, if we don't share what we know, there will be less parts on the web to get info, cus, frankly, when I search, I usualy get to a forum where someone else had the same truble.
and second, I think that you also might find technical info on your problem, but some times is helpfut to hear advice from someone that went trugh the proble itself, you might say, personal experience. But well, that is just me.

Mïcrösöül°V³
01-29-2005, 07:28 AM
And About Searching instead of asking here: Well, first, its like filesharing, if we don't share what we know, there will be less parts on the web to get info, cus, frankly, when I search, I usualy get to a forum where someone else had the same truble.
and second, I think that you also might find technical info on your problem, but some times is helpfut to hear advice from someone that went trugh the proble itself, you might say, personal experience. But well, that is just me.
I agree.......:) with poop...ok, not really poop

Gre1
01-29-2005, 11:57 AM
I used to use dvd2one. DVDShrink give you better quality.

You can rip out other languages to free up space and get better quality. Can take out stuff like extras too.

U can do the same thing with DVD2ONE. TO: Direct- yes you can copy a blockbuster movie u just need DVD Decrypter and it will remove the protection once you put the disc in the dvd burner.