PDA

View Full Version : halo 1/2 online?

Bowen747x
01-30-2005, 02:45 AM
yeah my buddy was wondering how he could play halo on xbox without spending a shit load of money, does he need any adaptors or any other accesories? and how can he get onto xbox live! for free?

Peerzy
01-30-2005, 02:47 AM
There is no way (and there will never) a way to play any game online on Xbox Live for free.

Bowen747x
01-30-2005, 02:48 AM
im pretty sure i have heard of free servers for xbox (like bootleg ones)

Peerzy
01-30-2005, 02:52 AM
im pretty sure i have heard of free servers for xbox (like bootleg ones)

Listen carefully. You, or your friend, or anyway for that matter, will Never be able to play on XBox Live, without a legal copy of the game, an un-chipped Xbox with standard hard drive, the Xbox Live starter kit, and an Xbox Live subscription.

Never.

SingaBoiy
01-30-2005, 03:05 AM
Xlink Kai. Its free dont need anything extra. Just need a home network. Works great.

Peerzy
01-30-2005, 03:06 AM
Xlink Kai. Its free dont need anything extra. Just need a home network. Works great.

Yep, and also XBconnect. Although he specifically asked to play with Xbox Live.

SingaBoiy
01-30-2005, 03:09 AM
Guess you can get a bunch of 2 month trials from ebay. I got 2 of em that havent expired yet.

You need a credit card # though.

Peerzy
01-30-2005, 03:13 AM
Guess you can get a bunch of 2 month trials from ebay. I got 2 of em that havent expired yet.

You need a credit card # though.

And an legal copy of the game on an un-chipped xbox.

SingaBoiy
01-30-2005, 03:13 AM
And an legal copy of the game on an un-chipped xbox.
Yep :)

twister
01-30-2005, 04:01 AM
the 2 month trials bill you 50 bucks at the end of them if you dont call and cancel them

FinalTheorem
01-31-2005, 03:49 AM
Well of course they don't. They wouldn't make any money like that. "Umm yes, your free trial has run out, so if it's ok with you, we're gonna charge you $50.00." People would just say cancel it and then go buy another game that has a free trial with it. Almost every Live Enabled game comes with them now, so it's pretty easy to get.

SingaBoiy
01-31-2005, 04:05 AM
Well of course they don't. They wouldn't make any money like that. "Umm yes, your free trial has run out, so if it's ok with you, we're gonna charge you $50.00." People would just say cancel it and then go buy another game that has a free trial with it. Almost every Live Enabled game comes with them now, so it's pretty easy to get.
Of course they dont??? :huh:

You can save yourself them money and get free 2-month trials off ebay for a few $$ each.

FinalTheorem
01-31-2005, 04:10 AM
I was replying to twister's post. Sorry, should have quoted. I meant "Of course Microsoft doesn't call you to tell you that your trial has run out."

Bowen747x
02-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Yep, and also XBconnect. Although he specifically asked to play with Xbox Live.

no peerzy i didnt... thats my point, thats what im looking for, OTHERways to connect for free...

Peerzy
02-07-2005, 07:31 PM
and how can he get onto xbox live! for free?

Only mentions Xbox Live there, unless you expect us to be mind readers :unsure:

twister
02-07-2005, 07:46 PM
I was replying to twister's post. Sorry, should have quoted. I meant "Of course Microsoft doesn't call you to tell you that your trial has run out."

huh?? what i meant was:

microsoft doesnt call you, You have to call microsoft to cancel your 2 month trial befor it bills you

Bowen747x
02-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Only mentions Xbox Live there, unless you expect us to be mind readers :unsure:

dont have to be an ass, im asking how to play halo online with out paying, plain and simple, i got my answer, thanks for the help

Peerzy
02-07-2005, 08:03 PM
dont have to be an ass, im asking how to play halo online with out paying, plain and simple, i got my answer, thanks for the help

According to your first post your looking for a way to play Halo 1/2 for free without paying on Xbox live.

Bowen747x
02-07-2005, 08:20 PM
According to your first post your looking for a way to play Halo 1/2 for free without paying on Xbox live.

so continue being an ass.... thanks peerzy
its called, i didnt know the fucking difference... OK?

Peerzy
02-07-2005, 08:26 PM
so continue being an ass.... thanks peerzy
its called, i didnt know the fucking difference... OK?

Swearing doesnt make you big :dry: You never said i was being an ass either, you said i was having been an ass, which makes no sense at all :rolleyes: , how was i to know you didn't know the difference and how was i to know you ment play online for free anywhere and not just on Xbox Live, i know im smart and all but imnot a mind reader, maybe if a member is here they could help translate Bowen's posts to show what he really wants to ask.