PDA

View Full Version : How do I hate PAYPAL.. let me count the ways

slim150
01-30-2005, 08:00 PM
I'm so sick and tired of paypal. I've been recently selling guides to game with some starting cash for a MMORPG game that I used to play and what people have been doing is buying my auction. Paying with paypal, then I deliever the goods and like 2 days later somehow they want their money back and paypal is more than happy to oblidge and withdraw funds directly from my bank account. Like I get absoluetly no say in it at all. The problem is that I have to use ebay, and I have to only take credit cards so what else can i do????

I forgot to mention that, I don't get my product back.

lee551
01-30-2005, 08:09 PM
so everyone is ripping you off? why dont you e-mail paypal and give them the whats up.

RealitY
01-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Well PayPal makes their own rules, thats no secret.
Just curious why they all want refunds though...

zacspeed
01-30-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm so sick and tired of paypal. I've been recently selling guides to game with some starting cash for a MMORPG game that I used to play and what people have been doing is buying my auction. Paying with paypal, then I deliever the goods and like 2 days later somehow they want their money back and paypal is more than happy to oblidge and withdraw funds directly from my bank account. Like I get absoluetly no say in it at all. The problem is that I have to use ebay, and I have to only take credit cards so what else can i do????

I forgot to mention that, I don't get my product back.

Paypal are a fuck!ng shower of sh!t.
Same thing happened to me. They're quite happy to charge you extortionate commission, but when the sh!t hits the fan, they don't wanna know. WANKERS!!!
One good thing though, more & more sellers are stating that they do not accept paypal as a method of payment.
Check out: http://www.paypalsucks.com/ but don't link to it on an eBay auction, they will remove your item(s).

Fuckdogs - the lot of 'em!
:angry:

lee551
01-30-2005, 09:51 PM
i really haven't had a problem with paypal ever. it seems like lots of other people have though. what are some alternatives? bidpay comes to mind, but i dont know if thats the same thing.

{I}{K}{E}
01-30-2005, 10:58 PM
check out: http://www.paypalsucks.com/

edit: oops already posted :ph34r:

slim150
01-30-2005, 11:37 PM
they want refunds because your technically not allowed to sell runescape gold over ebay so they know that if they say there was a probelm and get their money there isnt anything i can do to get it back

lee551
01-31-2005, 12:43 AM
they want refunds because your technically not allowed to sell runescape gold over ebay so they know that if they say there was a probelm and get their money there isnt anything i can do to get it back

then you should look into selling legitimate things. its like being angry at cops, you're not really mad at them, its their job, you're mad cuz you got caught. how can you be angry about it, if you know what you're doing isn't allowed? seems the other people know this and are taking advantage of you.

slim150
01-31-2005, 02:42 AM
its not like its agaisnt the law, its just the dumb creators of runescape make it agaisnt their rules, unlike any other mmorpg

SingaBoiy
01-31-2005, 03:08 AM
I have never had any problems with PayPal. :)

slim150
01-31-2005, 05:05 AM
i signed my name on their class action lawsuit... ima get my just desserts

Skiz
01-31-2005, 05:12 AM
Easy, when someone pays you by means of PayPal, immediately transfer the money to your bank account. That way PayPal doesn't get to do whatever they want with it.

BTW - I've had my own problems with PayPal too. It's way to indepth of a story to begin telling...but I definitely hear ya.

Rip The Jacker
01-31-2005, 06:56 AM
I've also read many horror stories about PayPal. I've never used it, but I do try to avoid it. I've read about PayPal always "locking" accounts for no reason...

zacspeed
01-31-2005, 07:24 AM
I sold a camera, guy leaves pos feedback, then claws money back from pp, saying goods not received. pp ask me for details of transaction which I give them. pp then says transaction has been reversed (let him have his money back) as I couldn't give them a parcel tracking number (bear in mind the tosser has left positive feedback - I think it's only fair to assume he's received the bloody thing, so I'd disposed of the (now redundant) parcel Number. In doing this, I'd not adhered to paypals t's & c's - thus rendering ANY seller protection void!! :angry:
It is so obvious to everybody this was a scam apart from paypal. Wankers.

SingaBoiy
01-31-2005, 07:38 AM
What about small claims court?

zacspeed
01-31-2005, 10:05 PM
What about small claims court?

Got my camera back after threatening him with the filth.