PDA

View Full Version : NZB files with Newsleecher

{I}{K}{E}
02-01-2005, 10:42 PM
How come when I use a NZB file with Newsleecher it doesnt download the complete files? it never downloads the last 2 or 3 parts :huh:

same files are complete when I use the NZB with grabit so nm :P

vivitron 15
02-02-2005, 10:53 AM
wierd - never seen that before...

newsleecher does fine for me, unless its incomplete of course :S

RealitY
02-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Im confused now, is it that the exact same files were incomplete with NewsLeecher but complete with GrabIt.
If so the only thing I can think of is you grabbed a post while it was going up...

{I}{K}{E}
02-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Im confused now, is it that the exact same files were incomplete with NewsLeecher but complete with GrabIt.
If so the only thing I can think of is you grabbed a post while it was going up...

yep, no the file was already posted an hour before I used newsleecher.

RealitY
02-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Well on my ISP server at times the file wont arrive for near 10 hours after posting where I can get at it.
This is one of the benefits of NewsLeecher compared to GrabIt that it will show whether a file is incomplete or not...

vivitron 15
02-02-2005, 09:20 PM
but if the nzb was the same, then it was pointing to the same files, and if it was the same server...

RealitY
02-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Yes true though I was just making the point that he used NewsLeecher first and then GrabIt later and may have been at that moment of arriving as nothing else I can think of would explain this...

vivitron 15
02-02-2005, 10:15 PM
ah that would be a good point :)

dcbuk
08-04-2014, 10:24 AM
A bit of topic, I used to use newleecher where I paid up for a year then never renewed and software was working for a few years then suddenly stopped. Tried contacting the support who were not helpful. Tried Newsbin and although not as simple to use at first got my head around it and having been using since no problems working using same provider TweakNews. Good thing about it is the you pay for it only once and get free lifetime upgrades. Maybe worth a punt?

heiska
08-07-2014, 11:28 AM
A bit of topic, I used to use newleecher where I paid up for a year then never renewed and software was working for a few years then suddenly stopped. Tried contacting the support who were not helpful. Tried Newsbin and although not as simple to use at first got my head around it and having been using since no problems working using same provider TweakNews. Good thing about it is the you pay for it only once and get free lifetime upgrades. Maybe worth a punt?

You do realise that this thread is almost a decade old, right?