PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys seen this yet?

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-02-2005, 05:54 AM
I have installed one of the corp editions of XP pro. this is what microsoft says about the key used to install it. I have been installing a few different versions with different keys just to see what happens, and this one is supposed to be corp edition. But i do find this interesting. The first 5 digits of this (Corp) install are DP2RT, and its apparently a blacklisted key......I just thought it would be fun to try this, and let you all know. :)

http://microsoulv3.com/invalid.gif

nsane
02-02-2005, 05:59 AM
i thought the corp edition doesn't require validation? :blink:

S!X
02-02-2005, 06:02 AM
i thought the corp edition doesn't require validation? :blink:

same here ;)

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-02-2005, 06:04 AM
Thats what i thought, but if you try to download something from MS, this is what you get. They are apparently trying to weed out the fakes by limiting what you can download from them. They want you to validate your key.

Ariel_001
02-02-2005, 01:20 PM
This is how it look like if it good.

http://img137.exs.cx/img137/5285/test1xw.jpg

Adster
02-02-2005, 01:27 PM
ahh yes 2 years ago i used to get that message from auto update back in kazaa days when i download a xp copy from kazaa with a black listed Serial key. had to change my serial key with dos program they were scary days !!

peat moss
02-02-2005, 01:38 PM
Its started eh? I have the same key . Follow zapjb advice in Imartins thread. :)

Oops should say " Had "the same key. :D

tesco
02-02-2005, 03:44 PM
here's what I get:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/rossco_2004/igetthis.png

:01:

Adster
02-03-2005, 02:46 AM
ummm this test is impossible for me i don't know what the fuck the original disk and other shit question they ask look like

dam M$ why can't they just do a scan key how did you fluke the questions rosco do you know what your CD looked like

peat moss
02-03-2005, 03:00 AM
This is joke right? Do you mean check your validation sticker on your cd or side of your machine ?

tesco
02-03-2005, 03:43 AM
ummm this test is impossible for me i don't know what the fuck the original disk and other shit question they ask look like

dam M$ why can't they just do a scan key how did you fluke the questions rosco do you know what your CD looked like
mine scanned the key...no quesstions. :huh:

Adster
02-03-2005, 05:22 AM
thats strange it asked me first where did I get it retail pre install ect then put a whole slab of questions

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-03-2005, 05:29 AM
the secondary question shit is just blahhh, they just want you to have piece of mind that your copy is valid (ya, know....didnt get duped into paying for a pirated copy, shit like that) as long as you passed the first thing, its all fine i guess.

fkdup74
02-03-2005, 05:38 AM
<pic removed>

:lol:

hey wtf with the img tags? :dry:
-edit- fixed :P

Adster
02-03-2005, 05:40 AM
well i worked out why it wouldn't work Dumbass SP2 disables active X by default

anyway yep my key is not valued I am mafuckto hahaha

Linux here I come

and fkdup yes firefox sux for forums its it shit who ever invented it didn't think of forums

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-03-2005, 05:44 AM
use the magic jellybean and change your key.....I did :shifty:

Adster
02-03-2005, 06:00 AM

i id the mistake of installed SP2 yesterday so i don't think it will work

fkdup74
02-03-2005, 06:06 AM

gonna see about that
i have a couple others too :D
i'm off to linux within the next couple of days, so it doesnt really matter to me
:P

Adster
02-03-2005, 06:13 AM
i got jellybean but whats the combination you have to change it too there can only be so many

wouldn't MS no what actual genuine serial keys they have released that are legit

if I just made up 6666666666 which i doubt very much any key would be surely M$ would no by their servers its not legit

lynx
02-03-2005, 12:40 PM
wouldn't MS no what actual genuine serial keys they have released that are legitNot necessarily. There have been several vendors who were licensed to give out keys. I don't know if things have changed, but all they had to do was report how many copies they had sold.

Of course, once they've got statistics from this operation they can work out which ones have been pirated and block them in the future. I can't understand why people fall for this. Read the documentation carefully, you do NOT have to take part in this exercise in order to continue to get downloads.

bigdawgfoxx
02-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Why do yall validate windows?....Ive never had to do that...but I have like a slipstreamed corp edition thing..I just type in the CD KEY during installation and thats it.

peat moss
02-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Why do yall validate windows?....Ive never had to do that...but I have like a slipstreamed corp edition thing..I just type in the CD KEY during installation and thats it.

Then your one of the lucky ones ! Why validate? So your prepared if and when
Microsoft makes us .

Snee
02-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Not necessarily. There have been several vendors who were licensed to give out keys. I don't know if things have changed, but all they had to do was report how many copies they had sold.

Of course, once they've got statistics from this operation they can work out which ones have been pirated and block them in the future. I can't understand why people fall for this. Read the documentation carefully, you do NOT have to take part in this exercise in order to continue to get downloads.
Good point, I'd never try it with an illegal copy 'cos I thought they might be noting how many times the keys had been checked.

fkdup74
02-03-2005, 02:10 PM
I can't understand why people fall for this. Read the documentation carefully, you do NOT have to take part in this exercise in order to continue to get downloads.

could it be that some of are just takin the piss and havin some fun? :unsure:
ffs lighten up :lol:

-edit-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/fkdup74/haha.png

:whistling :P

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-03-2005, 09:26 PM
I can't understand why people fall for this. Read the documentation carefully, you do NOT have to take part in this exercise in order to continue to get downloads.
Im sure that most people know that. I started this thread just to be pissing around with other keys and copies just for the fun of it. I just thought it interesting to note that MS does actually know which keys are shit and which are good, even though they continue to allow it to get updates. I would find it a little unnerving to use a key which is blacklisted, even tho MS doesnt seem to care ATM, but still...........:) When i ran a pirate copy, i couldnt help but think "i get glitches that are just totally off the ordinary, I wonder if someone at MS just randomly presses a button just to screw with the pirated copies a little". Yes, thats very far fetched, but it is Microsoft, and we do download their updates, pirated copies and all. :)

.......its a conspiracy :ph34r:

Peerzy
02-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Wheres the link to check if my cd key is alright?

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Wheres the link to check if my cd key is alright?
I belive this is it
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/ww/windows/default.mspx

peat moss
02-04-2005, 03:17 AM
I belive this is it
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/ww/windows/default.mspx

Hey that link don't work in Firefox ! :D Gee I wonder why .

Adster
02-04-2005, 03:21 AM
they spelled microsoft wrong on their own website its micro$oft

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-04-2005, 03:29 AM
I noticed that quite a few things dont work right in firefox, so i will continue using IE, cuz i never had a problem with it anyways. :)

tesco
02-04-2005, 03:29 AM
ya cause they insist on using activeX. :dry:

Adster
02-04-2005, 03:38 AM
funny thing was i was wondering why it didn't work for me you know why??

when I installed SP2 with teh last update XP the idiots disabled active X :lol: I had to go to internet options to enable it Microsoft disabling their own use of updating their software :lol:

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-04-2005, 03:48 AM
activeX is fine as long as you know what your are doing. I find it a bit reassuring that microsoft blocks their own installer, seeing as how it is activeX. Most people know to only install activeX from sites they know to be trustworthy. I dont need a browser to tell me that. :)

the internet is full of risks, none of which are life threatening.

tesco
02-04-2005, 03:55 AM
Most people know to only install activeX from sites they know to be trustworthy. I dont need a browser to tell me that. :)
I disagree.
Most people just click "yes" or "accept" or "next" whenever something popsup (or in installers) which is why so many non-computer-experts get spyware on their computers.

Like if my sister's using the computer and one of the accept/decline active x installer's popsup she'll just click accept...then her comp has spyware. :(
So i installed firefox.

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-04-2005, 04:32 AM
I disagree.
Most people just click "yes" or "accept" or "next" whenever something popsup (or in installers) which is why so many non-computer-experts get spyware on their computers.

Like if my sister's using the computer and one of the accept/decline active x installer's popsup she'll just click accept...then her comp has spyware. :(
So i installed firefox.
i see your point. Thats why MS made SP2. In hindsight, I know people that do the same thing....shame on them. :P

uNz[i]
02-05-2005, 12:35 AM
Hey cool, I get the Thankyou page.

M$ = Suckers. :P

Formula1
02-05-2005, 05:47 PM
here's what I get:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/rossco_2004/igetthis.png

:01:

are you using a pirated version of windows ?

My pirated copy came with a VLK ( what ever this means ) Cd key....

Exact file name

"Windows XP Professional SP2 Intergrated Xtras repack ISO"

BTW , if i check out the windows "how to tell" and it sees my OS isnt legal will it do anything to it ? and try to find a way to crack me down :unsure:

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-05-2005, 06:21 PM
nothing will happen, cuz i did it several times just for fun, and I am still running a pirated copy, altho i do have a legit copy, im just too lazy to reinstall it at the moment, cuz the key for my legit copy wont work with my current install.

Formula1
02-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Cool.... microsoft thinks my version of windows is legit

http://img29.exs.cx/img29/1250/win1aj.jpg

tesco
02-06-2005, 12:06 AM
are you using a pirated version of windows ?

My pirated copy came with a VLK ( what ever this means ) Cd key....

Exact file name

"Windows XP Professional SP2 Intergrated Xtras repack ISO"

BTW , if i check out the windows "how to tell" and it sees my OS isnt legal will it do anything to it ? and try to find a way to crack me down :unsure:
well they say that they don't record any personal information...
not completely sure though...

And yes i'm using a pirated copy of XP corp (i slipstreamed sp2 into it as well).

bigdawgfoxx
02-06-2005, 05:52 AM
I disagree.

So i installed firefox.

yah thats why I always gotta deal with my bros computer lol