PDA

View Full Version : xbox games

Spicker
02-02-2005, 08:12 PM
my new premoded xbox with 160gb hdd which is going to be replaced with my 200gb is coming saturday :D :D :D :01:

so i wana know what games should i get....im a big car racing fan....

and like fps games like halo2 etc...

also when u download a xbox game is it in a image format? (bin,cue) so do u just transfer over the bin and cue file to the xbox via ftp? or how does it work?

ofbz
02-03-2005, 06:34 AM
i either:

-extract the game (bin, iso format) using "Extract-XISO" (or any other xbox game extractor)
-ftp the game files to a folder inside the "games" folder in my xbox's HD

or

-burn the game
-rip the game to the xbox using "DVD2xbox" (installed on your xbox, of course...)

the benefit of the 2nd one, is that you keep a hard copy of the game.

SingaBoiy
02-03-2005, 06:39 AM
They come in ISO format.

Qwix is the best xISO program. You can extract and FTP at the same time. Saves time.

Spicker
02-03-2005, 12:56 PM
alright thanx :)

now what games should i get...halo 2, burnout 3....

Snee
02-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Halo 2 and Burnout 3 :P

If you like RPG's then get fable. The first Halo is worth a playthrough if you haven't played it. Prince of Persia- Sands of time is a good action-puzzler. And Buffy the vampire Slayer is supposed to be good. I liked that mechwarrior game...mech assault, I think it's called.

^Just a few games off the top of my head.

colt45joe
02-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Halo 2 and Burnout 3 :P

If you like RPG's then get fable. The first Halo is worth a playthrough if you haven't played it. Prince of Persia- Sands of time is a good action-puzzler. And Buffy the vampire Slayer is supposed to be good. I liked that mechwarrior game...mech assault, I think it's called.

^Just a few games off the top of my head.

splintercell games...if your into the sneaking stuff...

Livy
02-03-2005, 04:21 PM
need for speed underground 2 is a great game.

Entity101
02-03-2005, 04:42 PM
nfsu 1&2
burnout 2&3
Project Gotham Racing 2
DTM Racedriver 2
Crash Nitro Kart
Colin McRae Rally 04
Juiced
fable
sudeki
topspin
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

ApacNTS
02-04-2005, 02:47 AM
punisher
unreal championship 2
mortal kombat(take your picks)
call of duty(pick)
counterstrike
half life(2)

all games i dont have and i want.....there's others, just trying to go with xbox only tho :P

Spicker
02-05-2005, 01:58 AM
just wondering does it matter if the game is PAL or NTSC if im just going to transfer the game over to the hdd?

Peerzy
02-05-2005, 02:03 AM
just wondering does it matter if the game is PAL or NTSC if im just going to transfer the game over to the hdd?

I have a Pal Xbox with Pal tv yet i can play NTSC games perfect, apparently playing Pal on NTSC is not so easy though.

Snee
02-05-2005, 02:06 AM
Depends, it has to be chipped or softmodded or something anyway right? to cope with burned discs and such, I thought.

If it is then handling whatever format is the foreign one should be cool, I'd think.

Otherwise the difference in NTSC and PAL lies in the frequency (higher on NTSC) and the lines of the output image(more horisontal ones, or something, on PAL) (nowadays some PAL tvs can do 60hz too tho'). An unmodded xbox might not work with both formats. :unsure:

Peerzy
02-05-2005, 02:09 AM
Its not the Xbox that has trouble, its the NTSC tv's that cannot display the correct lineage meaning sometimes PAL games looked fucked and are unplayable on NTSC tv's. There are however a few tools that patch the games to work.

Snee
02-05-2005, 02:12 AM
I think there used to be some kind of block to prevent most PAL consoles from playing NTSC titles, presumably 'cos the higher frequency could screw up an old PAL TV good and proper. And the lines could do the same on NTSC, maybe.

Maybe that's not true for the xbox tho', or is yours softmodded or something?

Spicker
02-05-2005, 02:16 AM
im 75% sure the modded xbox with xecutor chip can play it...espcially becasue im not buring the game im just playing it off the hdd....

theres no place to download Halo 2 in NTSC format..... :(

Peerzy
02-05-2005, 02:17 AM
Mines chipped, most PAL tv's (well UK im sure of not ure about other countries) can play NTSC. As long as its not more than 5 years old chances are you can play both PAL and NTSC on a PAL tv. However NTSC rarely plays PAL im pritty sure. The Xbox doesnt give a chit really, as long as its chipped in some form it will read the disc fine just the tv won;t display the images properly.

@jaigandhi5 - Like i said there are tools to convert, google for them or ask here: www.xbox-scene.com

Spicker
02-05-2005, 02:25 AM
Mines chipped, most PAL tv's (well UK im sure of not ure about other countries) can play NTSC. As long as its not more than 5 years old chances are you can play both PAL and NTSC on a PAL tv. However NTSC rarely plays PAL im pritty sure. The Xbox doesnt give a chit really, as long as its chipped in some form it will read the disc fine just the tv won;t display the images properly.

@jaigandhi5 - Like i said there are tools to convert, google for them or ask here: www.xbox-scene.com
k thanx :)

ofbz
02-05-2005, 07:46 AM
i know its pretty much clear, but just so you know, i have a ntsc tv (around 5 years old) using a softmodded xbox, and i have no problems playing pal games...

SingaBoiy
02-05-2005, 07:58 AM
However NTSC rarely plays PAL im pritty sure.
Nope, any new NTSC tv will play them no problem. All 3 of my tvs play them just fine. Same for all my friend's tvs too. ;)

3RA1N1AC
02-05-2005, 11:36 AM
They come in ISO format.

Qwix is the best xISO program. You can extract and FTP at the same time. Saves time.
YES QWIX IS TEH R0X0RZ.

i kept reading all this praise for Craxtion and how easy and great it is, then i tried it out... it made a totally messed-up crash-happy backup of FABLE, and none of my Craxtion-made discs were readable with normal FTP clients. Craxtion was the only program that could detect Craxtion-made discs over FTP! and even Craxtion's file extraction was crap... if it had trouble reading a file, it just skipped the file and kept on going as if nothing's wrong, so i might very well have a few backups in my collection (from when i first started out) that are missing files! GRRR. so ignore any advice you may see, that says Craxtion is good... fuckabuncha that and get QWIX instead. :P

Nope, any new NTSC tv will play them no problem. All 3 of my tvs play them just fine. Same for all my friend's tvs too. ;)

and yes. CORRECT. NTSC/PAL was not really an issue with cartridge-based systems, then they started locking games down to the TV format on disc-based systems. for example an NTSC PS2 won't display PAL games correctly (either the color is wrong, the picture is the wrong size, or both).

but XBOX is totally different: it will display any region's games on any region's machine correctly, provided that you've modded the machine. i'm guessing it prolly renders the graphics in enhanced/high definition (480p, 1080i, whatever) and then downscans them for old-fashioned TVs, which could explain the easy cross-region compatibility.

Spicker
02-07-2005, 01:27 AM
yea thanx guys...i used qwiz to transfer my games..and stuff...and yea it does play PAL and NTSC games... :)

Mr. Elmo
03-31-2005, 04:09 PM
eh, sorry for bringing back such an old topic, but I did not want to create another. Anyways, I downloaded a couple Xbox games which are in ISO format, do I just burn it wth alcohol/nero?

n18
03-31-2005, 09:50 PM
yes you do. i recommend DVDdecrypter for burining images though.

Syncmaster
04-01-2005, 11:52 AM
I think nero is the best for burning images