PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification

{I}{K}{E}
02-04-2005, 08:52 AM
On February 8, 2005, the Microsoft Security Response Center is planning to release:

9 Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Windows. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for these security updates is Critical. Some of these updates will require a restart.

1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft SharePoint Services and Office. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for this security bulletin is Moderate. These updates may or may not require a restart.

1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft .NET Framework. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for this security bulletin is Important. This update will require a restart.

1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Office and Visual Studio. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for this security bulletin is Critical. These updates will require a restart.

1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Windows, Windows Media Player, and MSN Messenger. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for these security updates is Critical. These updates will require a restart.

No additional details about bulletin severities or vulnerabilities will be made available until February 8, 2005.

BawA
02-04-2005, 10:01 AM
can we(pirate versions holders) still get these updates, according to one of the articals MS was planing to restrict us from getting critical updates.

{I}{K}{E}
02-04-2005, 10:18 AM
you can always download them from microsoft.com so you dont need the windows update page.

tesco
02-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Thanks, {I}{K}{E}.
I'll know to look out for them. :)

lee551
02-04-2005, 05:59 PM
i'll be telling soon if m$ knows my xp is pirated. :ph34r:

{I}{K}{E}
02-08-2005, 06:19 PM
February 8, 7:18 PM, still no patches :huh:

fkdup74
02-08-2005, 06:26 PM
February 8, 7:18 PM, still no patches :huh:

yeah i just checked
there was something on M$ technet about a web cast on the 9th @ 11am Pacific time
for an overview/tech info about the bulletin or somethin like that
recommended audience: IT professionals :unsure:
link (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/default.mspx)
but still no patches....way to go M$ :dry:

{I}{K}{E}
02-08-2005, 08:05 PM
check again... patches are online.

RealitY
02-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Updating Now...

Thanks.

{I}{K}{E}
02-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - February 2005 (KB890830)
Download size: 267 KB, less than 1 minute
After the download, this tool runs once to check your computer for infection by specific, prevalent malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom) and automatically helps remove any variants found. After it runs, the tool is deleted from your computer. A new version of the tool will be offered every month. If you want to manually run the tool on your computer, you can download a copy from the Microsoft Download Center or run an online version from microsoft.com. In addition to using this tool, you should use an up-to-date antivirus product to help protect your computer from other malicious software.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB873333)
Typical download size: 440 KB, 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.0 SP3, English (KB886906)
Download size: 1.2 MB, less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system running the Microsoft .NET Framework and gain access to restricted data. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB886903)
Download size: 1.5 MB, less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system running the Microsoft .NET Framework and gain access to restricted data. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB888302)
Typical download size: 330 KB, 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely read information about your Windows-based system. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB890047)
Typical download size: 905 KB, 2 minutes
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB885250)
Typical download size: 362 KB, 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB891781)
Typical download size: 333 KB, 1 minute

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP (KB867282)
Download size: 3.6 MB, 2 minutes
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB888113)
Typical download size: 326 KB, 1 minute

Harsh!
02-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Loads of crap for vulnerabilities discovered months if not weeks ago..
Windows update worked for me on a pirated "Volume Copy licence"

Snee
02-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Updated.

Worked fine here.

tesco
02-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Wierd I just tried updating then everything closed when the first download finished and it froze. :huh:
Some new anti-privacy thing? :lol:

I'm gonna try again in a bit, updating teh other computers first before I forget too. ;)

peat moss
02-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Wierd I just tried updating then everything closed when the first download finished and it froze. :huh:
Some new anti-privacy thing? :lol:

I'm gonna try again in a bit, updating teh other computers first before I forget too. ;)

I have had problems on two computers today. Both legal keys . Download won't complete. Probably just busy ! :)

tesco
02-09-2005, 01:15 AM
I have had problems on two computers today. Both legal keys . Download won't complete. Probably just busy ! :)
weird.
After it froze (and i restarted it) i tried it on the other computers and it worked fine, works on this one now too. :) Now we're all fully uptodate. :)

zapjb
02-09-2005, 05:26 AM
All updated here too.

uNz[i]
02-09-2005, 05:39 AM
Yeah, updated without a hitch.

Bloody PC. It crashes on a daily basis, can't even enter safe mode without freezing, but it'll install windows updates no problem.

Go figure. :rolleyes:

BawA
02-09-2005, 05:46 AM
update being downloaded right now for, my quistion is why automatic update didnt start when there is updates, is that what they disabled for pirated copy holders?

edit: installed all patchs without any problems