PDA

View Full Version : Psp

asmithz
02-04-2005, 03:55 PM
$ony Computer Entertainment America Inc. announced today the North American launch details for its highly anticipated PSP (PlayStation Portable) handheld entertainment system. Available through retail outlets on March 24, the company continues its consumer-centric legacy with the release of the PSP Value Pack for a suggested retail price of $249.99 U.S./$299.99 CND. In addition to the revolutionary PSP hardware, the PSP Value Pack contains an unprecedented added-value package of accessories and entertainment content, including 32 MB Memory Stick Duo, headphones with remote control, battery pack, AC adaptor, soft case and cleaning cloth, movie/music/game video sampler UMD disc including multiple non-interactive game demos, and for the first one million PSP Value Packs shipped, a special UMD video release of the feature film Spider-Man 2 from $ony Pictures Entertainment.

Damb, its ginna be $249, $100 more then people thoght.

ApacNTS
02-04-2005, 08:59 PM
fuck em, i'll wait for the xbox handheld :p

SingaBoiy
02-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Lol.... good thing I wont be paying that. :shifty:

mike45450
02-04-2005, 09:06 PM

If they make a handheld, it'll probably the the size of the PS :lol:

But the price is alright for me. Translated into £ that's roughly 140, so it's less than i expected. It can't be much more than 160-170 (i hope).

asmithz
02-04-2005, 09:31 PM

Xbox already said they not going to handle the handheld bussiness. $250 isnt that bad considering what your getting.

silent h3ro
02-04-2005, 10:42 PM
Lol.... good thing I wont be paying that. :shifty: :shifty:

Rip The Jacker
02-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Hmmm... I guess the value pack will cost $250?

EGM said the PSP would be around $185 when it comes out. :blink:

EDIT:
http://img49.exs.cx/img49/3167/psp0ho.th.jpg (http://img49.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img49&image=psp0ho.jpg)

I guess thats the price for the PSP alone. :unsure:

cpt_azad
02-07-2005, 05:01 AM
:shifty:

:shifty: :shifty:

mr. x has all teh hot goods :whistling

SingaBoiy
02-07-2005, 05:18 AM
Mr. X?

Monkeee
02-07-2005, 06:19 AM
whatever, i dont care about the price, all i know is its gonna be way worth its money!

cpt_azad
02-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Mr. X?

teh guy i get my goods from :shifty: :whistling

Busyman
02-07-2005, 10:05 AM
whatever, i dont care about the price, all i know is its gonna be way worth its money!
Well I do.

I'll get it hot or won't get it at all.

It looks to make the DS look like :shit:.

yiny46
02-08-2005, 07:29 PM
PSP sucks hard...i have an emulator...get a DS

Peerzy
02-08-2005, 07:39 PM
PSP sucks hard...i have an emulator...get a DS

You have an emulator for the PSP, funny as if one was out then:

1)It would be massive news and everyone would know
2)It would play shit because of the quality of the graphics
3)No games would work for it and there are no online roms even
4)Copy protection on the discs havnt been cracked ye

Hunted
02-09-2005, 07:40 PM
I would say PSP is going to be better than a DS. In my oppinion Nintendo, and most, not all of their games... suck... I prefer Sony over Nintendo. Imagine if Microsoft made a XBOX Portable or something... imagine how big that would be... heh

yiny46
02-09-2005, 07:41 PM
no...i have a ds emulator...and i just dont like sony...the only good thing that came out of sony were
1)dance dance revolution
2)Jak and Daxter series
and
3)CD players/headphones/speakers
Thats it!
Sony never going to be as good as nintendo...im saying this being a hardcore nintendo gamer...and X-box...but not as much...bottom line
_________________________________________________________________________I HATE SONY...

Hunted
02-09-2005, 07:48 PM
That is more of a biast oppinion, since you are a "Hardcore Nintendo Gamer" ...

The reason I don't like Nintendo, the graphics are so childish... for example: Zelda - Windwaker or whatever... the graphics are so childish... I have never played it so I can not go and judge on the game play of it, but just by the looks of it, it sucks. Also, I have never been a big Zelda fan, I played a game for the N64... which I did not like it. Maybe if I get a chance to play it some time, I might like it, but until then, I don't care much for Nintendo, or Nintendo made games. I also just hate the controller for the Game Cube and the N64.

yiny46
02-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.................no...hunted U Suck!!! If I Knew Where You Were I Would Beat You Down...you Stupid @$$ Hole...

Hunted
02-09-2005, 07:55 PM
You should know, we are only about 2 foot from each other atm... well... bah, you walked back to your computer

Oh yeah, btw... you cry (well not really, but you cry in pain (minus the tears) ) whenever I punch ya... heh

Rip The Jacker
02-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Dude. This is getting a little weird.

Guillaume
02-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Oh god, not again!

http://img220.exs.cx/img220/5402/200502050hf.th.jpg (http://img220.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img220&image=200502050hf.jpg)

Illuminati
02-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Oh god, not again!

http://img220.exs.cx/img220/5402/200502050hf.th.jpg (http://img220.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img220&image=200502050hf.jpg)

:lol:

I'm surprised it took this long to be posted :D

Monkeee
02-09-2005, 08:26 PM

I'm surprised it took this long to be posted :D

lmfao, that comic = yiny46

Illuminati
02-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Possibly Busyman as well, if you think about it ;)

Peerzy
02-09-2005, 08:48 PM
no...i have a ds emulator...and i just dont like sony...the only good thing that came out of sony were
1)dance dance revolution
2)Jak and Daxter series
and
Thats it!
Sony never going to be as good as nintendo...im saying this being a hardcore nintendo gamer...and X-box...but not as much...bottom line
_________________________________________________________________________I HATE SONY...

Ha Ha Ha.....no :dry:

So this Nintendo DS emulator (which doesnt exist by the way) how many games (that don't work and havnt been cracked) have you played on your (imaginary) emulator. Does this emulator have a name or for no apparent reason you can't remember, lent the disc to someone who moved away so you will never know of it again.

scribblec
02-10-2005, 12:19 AM
ds owns as far as ive played it mario 64 is just a joy to play again because the first time round i sucked at it...

if someone could tell me if psp is TOTALLY region free i might buy one :D

SingaBoiy
02-10-2005, 01:08 AM
ds owns as far as ive played it mario 64 is just a joy to play again because the first time round i sucked at it...

if someone could tell me if psp is TOTALLY region free i might buy one :D
Please see pages 10, 11, 76, 77, 78 of this month's GamePro. ;)

Busyman
02-10-2005, 05:01 AM
Possibly Busyman as well, if you think about it ;)
Huh? :blink:

Where da fuck did you get that from?

Next time YOU think about it. I'm no where near a fanboy. I have no allegiance to any company and never have.

Right now I like Xbox the best. If PS3 is the best next round then that'll be my favorite. Buy all the systems hot if you can.

Fuck all you fanboys. :dry:

Illuminati
02-10-2005, 09:19 AM
A fanboy can be defined as anyone who shows a preference to one console over another and will put down any competitors to said console in the process. Anyone can be one, just that the most extreme, hardline cases are the one we'd all like to smack ;)

And this can qualify for that: ;)

It looks to make the DS look like :shit:.

It was an observation though, not an insult. An insult would probably look like "HAHAhaha pspfanboilol!!!!!!111111111". :D

Though why do you always have to be so bloody aggressive? :huh:

Busyman
02-10-2005, 03:02 PM
A fanboy can be defined as anyone who shows a preference to one console over another and will put down any competitors to said console in the process. Anyone can be one, just that the most extreme, hardline cases are the one we'd all like to smack ;)

And this can qualify for that: ;)

It was an observation though, not an insult. An insult would probably look like "HAHAhaha pspfanboilol!!!!!!111111111". :D

Though why do you always have to be so bloody aggressive? :huh:
'Cause I'm Busyman. You may not be direct or aggressive but you're Illuminati.

Sorry my statement doesn't make fanboy status. I base my opinion on screen shots, videos, and overall design.

Most fanboys are idiots who have no life and also no stock options in the game companies' dicks that they suck.

You got me mixed up son.

asmithz
02-10-2005, 05:11 PM
1)dance dance revolution
2)Jak and Daxter series
and
Thats it!

What this

The top ten selling games of 2004 are as follows:
1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2);
2. Halo 2 (Xbox);
3. Madden NFL 2005 (PS2);
4. ESPN NFL 2K5 (PS2);
5. Need For Speed: Underground 2 (PS2);
6. Pokemon Fire Red /w Adapter (GBA);
7. NBA Live 2005 (PS2);
8. Spider-Man: The Movie 2 (PS2);
9. Halo (Xbox);
10. ESPN NFL 2K5 (Xbox)
Doesn't look like nintendo cant get more then one game on the top selling list of 2004.

Don't be a fan boy, sure nintendo has some good games, but its not much.

You forgot to add those games, also Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater and the up and coming God of War. I guess you haven't played them at all so you wont even listen.

Just look at the games that come out for nintendo. How many are exclusive and didn't come out for another system first? Zelda, mario, that fox game, and what else? Wheres the games that target adults or anyone that has a fore teen or older mind set. Don't use RE 2, because that is coming to xbox and ps2 soon.

By the way the emulator is getting development for the DS now, it hasn't even been released. I own a DS so i don't care, but at least i know my facts. DS has unique game play but no good games and shitty graphics.

PSP has ok graphics but stunning for handheld, and a great line up for games. (NFS Rivals, MGS ACID, THUG remix, ect..)

DS has only one good game so far and that is mario, and the sonic game hats coming out soon. The thing is this games that they have that are good ARE NOT ORIGINAL. There best game is Pokemon, but all they do it remake that with new story line and nothing else.

Play the freaking games before you judge, i have all the systems that are out so far. They all have good points. (INCLUDING NINTENDO) Wether you prefer one over the other doesn't make the other shitty.

scribblec
02-10-2005, 05:17 PM
That is more of a biast oppinion, since you are a "Hardcore Nintendo Gamer" ...

The reason I don't like Nintendo, the graphics are so childish... for example: Zelda - Windwaker or whatever... the graphics are so childish... I have never played it so I can not go and judge on the game play of it, but just by the looks of it, it sucks. Also, I have never been a big Zelda fan, I played a game for the N64... which I did not like it. Maybe if I get a chance to play it some time, I might like it, but until then, I don't care much for Nintendo, or Nintendo made games. I also just hate the controller for the Game Cube and the N64.

so i assume you think an adult game is one with blood and gore

Illuminati
02-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Just look at the games that come out for nintendo. How many are exlusive and didnt come out for another system first? Zelda, mario, that fox game, and what else? Wheres the games that target adults or anyone that has a 14teen or older mind set. Dont use RE 2, becuase that is coming to xbox and ps2 soon.

By the way the emulator is getting devlopet for the DS now, it hasent even been released. I own a DS so i dont care, but at least i know my facts. DS has unique game play but no good games and shitty graphics.

DS has only one good game so far and thats mario, and the sonic game. The thing is this games that they have taht are good ARE NOT ORIGINAL.

Well there is the existing GC-only REs - the Resident Evil remake, RE0 and RE4 :D Other than that, there's not much in terms of realism for the GC. However, AFAIK the GC isn't about getting the best but rather gameplay. As for saying cartoons make games look kiddish, don't forget XIII ;)

Having said that, the PS2 is still the dominant one for reason of having their share of good games. I'm looking forward to Snake Eater myself, but especially to Ace Combat: Squadron Leader a week on Friday :D

As for a great DS game, two words - Wario Ware :D

And like Smith has just said, the emulator is still being developed as teams have only just finished hacking to pieces the DS into a detailed manner. So I'd love to see how someone can have the emulator for a console which people are still working on :D
Course if the emulators already out I'd love to see it - ATM uni work for me is developing with GBA development software :D

ApacNTS
02-10-2005, 08:13 PM
hey no gaystation comments, good stuff. ps had a good run and still is up there, xbox looks to be the next system to beat, graphic wise, gamewise ps is still owning. gamecube looks good but isnt quite as hot as the other 2, the only reason i had need for a GC was the RE's. funny comic to, i'm sure god was pissed he had to put his controller down to squash some idiot :silly:

Busyman
02-10-2005, 08:29 PM
hey no gaystation comments, good stuff. ps had a good run and still is up there, xbox looks to be the next system to beat, graphic wise, gamewise ps is still owning. gamecube looks good but isnt quite as hot as the other 2, the only reason i had need for a GC was the RE's. funny comic to, i'm sure god was pissed he had to put his controller down to squash some idiot :silly:
Right now RE4 is my favorite game.

I like it better than Halo 2, GTA 5, etc.

Cheese
02-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Dude. This is getting a little weird.

Yeah, it must have been Ghey-Day yesterday or something...

TheDave
02-10-2005, 09:00 PM
if i had £125 to spend i'd import an american psp, unless it's strategically organised to release in europe simultaneuosly so its near impossible to get one for less than £200 or whatever the overprice is for us

edit: i just checked amazon for uk. its gonna cost £180, thats $336us. quit complaining bitches

Rip The Jacker
02-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Yeah, it must have been Ghey-Day yesterday or something...

I posted that because yiny46 was arguing with Hunted yesterday.

Teh IP's. They are the same. Thats just weird.

Cheese
02-11-2005, 01:20 AM

I posted that because yiny46 was arguing with Hunted yesterday.

Teh IP's. They are the same. Thats just weird.

There's another argument going on now...have they got the same ip?

Rip The Jacker
02-11-2005, 01:24 AM
9. There will be no offensive or inflammatory posts meant to offend or hurt any other member(s) or guest(s) of this forum. The use of racial, ethnic, gender based insults, contents or discriminatory comments of any kind will not be allowed or tolerated. Expect action against you if you do.

Seriously, you guys are pushing it...

Peerzy
02-11-2005, 01:25 AM
There's another argument going on now...have they got the same ip?

Yeah, they use a schools PC to post so while they are arguing and fighting with each other they are sitting next to each other, Ha-fucking-Ha :dry:

Cheese
02-11-2005, 01:26 AM
9. There will be no offensive or inflammatory posts meant to offend or hurt any other member(s) or guest(s) of this forum. The use of racial, ethnic, gender based insults, contents or discriminatory comments of any kind will not be allowed or tolerated. Expect action against you if you do.

Seriously, you guys are pushing it...

It's all this talk of PCP. Sent them mental.

Cheese
02-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Yeah, they use a schools PC to post so while they are arguing and fighting with each other they are sitting next to each other, Ha-fucking-Ha :dry:

Scrib and Busyman go to school together? :unsure:

scribblec
02-11-2005, 01:30 AM

hes an american so no i dont think so :ohmy:

i think he was talking about hunter and that other guy

RTJ: Please no personal insults.

Rip The Jacker
02-11-2005, 01:30 AM
I think he's talking about the other guys. :unsure:

Damn Gameworld, you guys start a PSP thread, it becomes a Console Wars thread, and then ends up with personal insults. Jeez.

Peerzy
02-11-2005, 01:33 AM

FST School :unsure:

Was talking about Hunted and Yingay :shifty:

I think he's talking about the other guys. :unsure:

Damn Gameworld, you guys start a PSP thread, it becomes a Console Wars thread, and then ends up with personal insults. Jeez.

I spose we could throw things at each other for a while as insults are getting boring now :no:

Peerzy
02-11-2005, 01:37 AM
Hey look at this really got picture of the PSP i found:

http://www.mcmaster.ca/cis/med/padlock.jpg

:01:

Rip The Jacker
02-11-2005, 01:55 AM
http://ebessan.livedoor.biz/35ee31a7.JPG

I didn't know it came in different... um... colors? The buttons and D-pad are sexy! :D

Peerzy
02-11-2005, 01:57 AM
My picture was better :P

Anyway i think the PSP comes in different forms for like special deals, like the GBA has a clear one and Silver PS2.

This is my favourite colour.

http://www.shippingsecuritysystems.com/images/design_elements/SSS%20PADLOCK.jpg

:P

Rip The Jacker
02-11-2005, 02:00 AM
Dammit Peerzy I was trying to get the thread back on topic, your not helping. :lol:

I liked your first pic better than the second. :P

Peerzy
02-11-2005, 02:10 AM
Dammit Peerzy I was trying to get the thread back on topic, your not helping. :lol:

I liked your first pic better than the second. :P

Second was to big :no:

Anyway back on topic

http://world.std.com/~cme/images/lock.jpg

I love the on off key :rolleyes:

SingaBoiy
02-11-2005, 03:11 AM
How can you even try to say the DS is better then the PSP?

http://hardware.gamespot.com/CompareItems-4-4-C-11721-11722

PSP has a load more features and better graphics. Sony will make it able to browse the internet, use the duo sticks to put watch movies/listen to music and so on, its one screen is also alot bigger then the 2 DS screens. The alibility to d/l games online (not confirmed 100% yet).

PSP 101 (http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-11721-1480-4-4-x)
DS 101 (http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-11722-1231-4-4-x)

TheDave
02-11-2005, 03:14 AM
touchscreen pwnz0rs though :01:

SingaBoiy
02-11-2005, 03:17 AM
touchscreen pwnz0rs though :01:
Do you have a 3rd hand to use the touch pen while playing? :huh:

asmithz
02-11-2005, 03:22 AM
Do you have a 3rd hand to use the touch pen while playing? :huh:

Also the touch screen dosent resond well. Also there alot of people (including me) getting dead pixels. I got 2 withinh a week.

ANd dont say thats only mine, i used others at target/walmart/gamestop/eb games/ ect...

TheDave
02-11-2005, 03:24 AM
do you have a third hand to use the two sticks and the buttons on any of the consoles already out?

mine doesn't have dead pixels, my only complaint is that you need a pair of headphones to get proper quality sounds

asmithz
02-11-2005, 03:25 AM
when do you need a third hand on the other consoles.

TheDave
02-11-2005, 03:26 AM
when do you need a third hand on DS?

SingaBoiy
02-11-2005, 03:27 AM
Some games you use the bottom touch screen during game play.

asmithz
02-11-2005, 03:28 AM
Some games you use the bottom touch screen during game play.

Exactly :lol:

The touch screen is just a anoying gimmick, i try not to use it.

TheDave
02-11-2005, 03:30 AM
use the thumbstrap or just your thumb. the stylus is only useful for writing on picto-chat, i reckon.

plus, you've been switching between analog stick and buttons on the fly for about 5 years. what makes it so hard now?

asmithz
02-11-2005, 03:44 AM
use the thumbstrap or just your thumb. the stylus is only useful for writing on picto-chat, i reckon.

plus, you've been switching between analog stick and buttons on the fly for about 5 years. what makes it so hard now?

My thumb cant read from the side of the ds to the end of the touch screen. So you have to switch to your pointing finger, thats harder.

TheDave
02-11-2005, 03:55 AM
yeah actually thats a good point. i have big hands so it doesn't bother me but i guess it could be uncomfortable for kids.

asmithz
02-11-2005, 04:36 AM
yeah actually thats a good point. i have big hands so it doesn't bother me but i guess it could be uncomfortable for kids.

What are you an ogar? :P

J/K, my hands arnt small butit dosent reach all the way. It is targeted at kids tho, so i dont know why they did make it that way.

Illuminati
02-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Wow - That white GT version is uber-sexy :blink:

Where can I get one of them? :D

SingaBoiy
02-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Wow - That white GT version is uber-sexy :blink:

Where can I get one of them? :D
:cool: shhh...

Illuminati
02-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Meh - I don't have personal preferences for any console, it's just my general opinion that once it's said & done the DS will be remembered for its innovation more than the PSP will. :D

Anyway, enough on changing the subject - any news on that White version? :w00t:

scribblec
02-11-2005, 12:46 PM
touh screen is good dead pixels are bad :(

Busyman
02-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Meh - I don't have personal preferences for any console, it's just my general opinion that once it's said & done the DS will be remembered for its innovation more than the PSP will. :D

Anyway, enough on changing the subject - any news on that White version? :w00t:
Innovation is shit if it's not fun. They need to expand on it more. Warioware Touched is not enough.

When I look at the launch titles for DS in comparison to the PSP, it's a Sony slam dunk. The DS has to show more.

Keep in mind many are on the DS due to Nintendo locking up the portable market previously.

I recall the same thing in the console market until the Playstation came along. Nintendo fumbled the ball, Sony picked it up and has had possesion ever since.

Busyman
02-11-2005, 02:52 PM
touh screen is good
Good for what though Scrubb? :huh:

Maybe for a Palm Pilot. I prefer not to write my games.

Hunted
02-11-2005, 07:32 PM
I cannot wait until the PSP comes out

TheDave
02-11-2005, 08:37 PM
touch screen is good for FPSes and strategies.

what innovative games are on launch for psp? :P

p.s. you muthafuckas stay away from that GT psp :angry:. looks like sony special cases now>nintendo special cases :01:

Busyman
02-11-2005, 09:18 PM
touch screen is good for FPSes and strategies.

what innovative games are on launch for psp? :P

p.s. you muthafuckas stay away from that GT psp :angry:. looks like sony special cases now>nintendo special cases :01:
Geek ass strategies...agreed.

Again innovation mean shit without the fun.

Look at the launch titles for both and get back to me.

PSP totally stomps the DS. fANBoY Statement? :unsure:

TheDave
02-11-2005, 09:54 PM
i suppose out all the titles for both, feel the magic is the only truly original game. i'm still figuring out how to get it and keep what little dignity i have :unsure:

asmithz
02-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Geek ass strategies...agreed.

Again innovation mean shit without the fun.

Look at the launch titles for both and get back to me.

PSP totally stomps the DS. fANBoY Statement? :unsure:

Exactly :D

PSP Launch Titles

Ape Escape: On the Loose, Sony Computer Entertainment America
ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails, Sony Computer Entertainment America
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower, Capcom
Dynasty Warriors, KOEI
FIFA 2005, Electronic Arts
Gretzky NHL, Sony Computer Entertainment America
Lumines, Ubisoft
Metal Gear Acid, Konami
MLB, Sony Computer Entertainment America
MVP Baseball, Electronic Arts
NBA, Sony Computer Entertainment America
NBA Street Showdown, Electronic Arts
Need for Speed Rivals, Electronic Arts
NFL Street 2 Unleashed, Electronic Arts
Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory, Konami
Ridge Racer, Namco
Smartbomb, Eidos Interactive
Spider-Man 2, Activision
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR, Electronic Arts
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix, Activision
Twisted Metal: Head On, Sony Computer Entertainment America
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade, Sony Online Entertainment
Wipeout Pure, Sony Computer Entertainment America
World Tour Soccer, Sony Computer Entertainment America

DS Launch Titles

Super Mario 64
Warioware Touched!
Spider-man 2
Asphalt Urban GT
Sprung
Ping Pals

Donnie Darko
03-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Only a few more day for the american relese!Too bad im a broke joke and not going to by it for a few more years off untill the release of the ps3 handheld :01:

cpt_azad
03-19-2005, 10:19 AM
lmfao, that comic = yiny46

agreed :lol:

silent h3ro
03-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Omfg I Want A Psp Now!!! :( Wtf, I wrote that in CAPS. :dry:

Illuminati
03-21-2005, 04:59 PM
DS Launch Titles

Super Mario 64
Warioware Touched!
Spider-man 2
Asphalt Urban GT
Sprung
Ping Pals

I remember there being a lot more than that in the launch startup :dry:

As for the number that were any good, doesn't even reach that list :P ;) :lol:

Any more info on that white GT4 edition PSP? I might end up trading my DS against a PSP come launch

(Don't gloat - Wario Ware will likely beat any PSP game in terms of use of the handheld's features :P Just a shame that WW seems to be the only one built for the DS, and £140 is a little expensive to play one game :( )

ziggyjuarez
03-23-2005, 04:26 AM
almost here!

TheDave
03-23-2005, 04:29 AM
warioware touched>you

asmithz
03-23-2005, 05:01 AM
PSP comes out on my birthday, what luck :) Cant wait till i get it.

Busyman
03-23-2005, 06:05 AM
warioware touched>you
Nintendo DS = Glorified Palm Pilot

theslayer40
03-23-2005, 11:51 PM
Already got Ridge Racers, Untold Legends, NFSU: Rivals, and the starter kit. Now the hard part, waiting for midnight.

mike45450
03-23-2005, 11:56 PM
I've been looking at the official Sony US forums for a while today. It's mad, everyone's crazy. I posted a topic there and literally within a couple of minutes it went on to two pages of replies.

Busyman
03-24-2005, 12:04 AM
Already got Ridge Racers, Untold Legends, NFSU: Rivals, and the starter kit. Now the hard part, waiting for midnight.
I would wait to get it.

The price will drop soon enough.

$250 is too much for a handheld.

Don't drop it. :lol: :lol:

Illuminati
03-24-2005, 12:12 AM
I would wait to get it.

True - And AFAIK all the launch models are the trademark black.

Hopefully other styles will come out soon in a couple of months - Been wanting a white one for a while :(

Busyman
03-24-2005, 01:06 AM
True - And AFAIK all the launch models are the trademark black.

Hopefully other styles will come out soon in a couple of months - Been wanting a white one for a while :(
I'm not much into the color my game system. As long as it play good games that pretty much does it for me. (and as long as it's not pink :unsure: )

I just talked to a friend of mine and it looks like I'll be getting one for $100 dollars in late April.

asmithz
03-24-2005, 05:34 AM
I would wait to get it.

Don't drop it. :lol: :lol:

Its only expensive if you poor, its a great price for what you get.

theslayer40
03-24-2005, 05:38 AM
Just got mine. It's great. Smaller than I thought, which is good.

Busyman
03-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Its only expensive if you poor, its a great price for what you get.
Uh huh and games that cost the same as consoles. The fact is anything new that comes out and is decent will grabs kids er....their parents money and will b "worth it."

Most of you are kids so technically you are poor..."Buy me that."

I don't like to pay retail for anything which is why I let the sclubbs pay $250 while I pay $100. I'll stay shrewd since it gets me everything I want.

If you are spoiled then good for you 'cause I sure ain't rich.

asmithz
03-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Uh huh and games that cost the same as consoles. The fact is anything new that comes out and is decent will grabs kids er....their parents money and will b "worth it."

Most of you are kids so technically you are poor..."Buy me that."

I don't like to pay retail for anything which is why I let the sclubbs pay $250 while I pay $100. I'll stay shrewd since it gets me everything I want.

If you are spoiled then good for you 'cause I sure ain't rich.

Sorry i am buying it with my own money, so your post is irrelevant. I work for my money, and rather get what i want now then later.

ApacNTS
03-24-2005, 11:20 PM
i was eyeing it online last night, saw a review of ridge racer that looked great(eventho RR is an okay game series) also nfsu rivals caught my eye, but that's alot to pay, for just 2 things. maybe for xmas i'll get it, wait no that'll be xbox 2 nvm ;p

Busyman
03-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Sorry i am buying it with my own money, so your post is irrelevant. I work for my money, and rather get what i want now then later.
Apologies dude. Not really directed at you...just in general.

I can't knock what you want. As you say, it's your money and kids case it's their parents money.

Go for it!!!

Adster
03-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Apologies dude. Not really directed at you...just in general.

I can't knock what you want. As you say, it's your money and kids case it's their parents money.

Go for it!!!

what sort of opinion is that??

silent h3ro
03-27-2005, 12:02 AM
Holy fuck, I just got a PSP yesterday and shit, its really nice. Does anyone know if PSP games will ever be downloadable?

ApacNTS
03-27-2005, 06:11 AM
if it's coded, someone will rip it. people are crafty.

Illuminati
03-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Doubt would be able to with the UMDs.

But with the MG Duo MemorySticks? Only a matter of time :)

theslayer40
04-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Kind of old news, but thought I would share. In WipEout Pure you can download new content, but inside of going to their DL page you can surf the net. http://pspcrazy.com/pspwipeoutbrowsertutorial.htm
http://img183.exs.cx/img183/8509/200504031647387pr.th.jpg (http://img183.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img183&image=200504031647387pr.jpg)
http://img183.exs.cx/img183/1960/200504031648589rp.th.jpg (http://img183.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img183&image=200504031648589rp.jpg)

mike45450
04-03-2005, 10:21 PM
I think they've fixed it now, unfortunately

TheDave
04-03-2005, 10:42 PM
wtf? they removed the browser?

HCT
04-05-2005, 09:56 PM
how long does the battery last?

mike45450
04-05-2005, 10:22 PM
how long does the battery last?

Depends on what you're doing and what settings you have it on.

If you play it with 'normal' settings (as in everything about medium...not ridiculously high) then you can expect 5-6 hours game time probably

ApacNTS
04-06-2005, 01:54 AM
post more pics of the psp, just so i can be envious. and that's badass that it can actually surf the web. it's probably faster than my desktop *tear*

loadedet
05-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Yeah the fact that sony has to use that the psp is a mp3 player as well for a selling point shows how crap the thing is, mp3 players r here 4 a reason as are portable game stations this product shows no innovation at all. If your looking for something alot more fun the the nitendo ds is much better and cheaper at that.

silent h3ro
05-26-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeah the fact that sony has to use that the psp is a mp3 player as well for a selling point shows how crap the thing is, mp3 players r here 4 a reason as are portable game stations this product shows no innovation at all. If your looking for something alot more fun the the nitendo ds is much better and cheaper at that. Nintendo DS = shit gfx

maebach
05-29-2005, 12:37 AM
true, the ds sucks in graphics