PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy the GAME

{I}{K}{E}
02-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Not only is the series back, but an official game is coming, too.

Despite a production hiatus for the cult series Family Guy, the animated comedy thrives in DVD releases, licensed apparel, and now, an official videogame to be published under Take-Two Interactive's new 2K Games label.

The first Family Guy game, expected in 2006, is part of an agreement with Twentieth Century Fox granting Take-Two console, PC, and handheld video game rights to the franchise. The third-person action game will put players in the roles of Family Guy's main characters, including Stewie, Brian the Dog, and Peter himself.

"Take-Two has unparalleled experience in reaching what is the core Family Guy [demographic] and we are really excited to be collaborating with them on bringing the Griffins to the gaming community," said Peter Byrne of Fox Licensing and Merchandising.

"Family Guy" is set to re-launch as part of Fox's primetime line-up on May 1, along with creator Seth MacFarlane's new series, "American Dad."

For now, Take-Two is not unveiling targeted platforms or publisher details.

:01:

cpt_azad
02-05-2005, 02:20 PM
sweet jesus :01: this is really great news, family guy forever!!!11

wow it's like 5am and i'm still up :ohmy:

edit: will be gone for 2 days for wargames (army reserves), so c ya'll on monday.

asmithz
02-06-2005, 01:28 AM
What kind of game will it be? I hope its something like GTA, like they did with Simpsons hit and run. Well take two is the ones they help make gta, so i gusse it will be.

cpt_azad
02-07-2005, 05:00 AM
who knows.

it'd be pretty funny/weird (okay so replace weird with fucked up) if it was an FPS :blink:

Bowen747x
02-07-2005, 08:19 PM
i garuntee it will be JUST like hit and run, but updated or w/e i hope not though, im sick of gta spin offs