PDA

View Full Version : Idea to destroy scam sites

KhalidB
02-05-2005, 06:10 PM
I've noticed a lot of scam sites which sell kazaa lite (and various other programs) advertise using google ads. From what I understand when someone clicks on a google ad, it costs that company money.

What If someone made a program which automatically loaded the URL's of these ads in the background? Thousands of P2P people may "accidentally" download it onto their system "unaware" of what it is. These companies would lose a lot of money and when google finds out that their clicks are being inflated the sites will be removed from the google index.

When I say google ads, I don't mean the ones on pages like this forum. That would get this site into trouble. I mean the ones you see on google when you search for kazaa. That way the evil scam company pays without harming any webmasters who have google ads on their site.

This is merely a thought. I neither approve of this idea or condemn it (if you know what I mean).

Skiz
02-05-2005, 06:16 PM
You're only 16 and thinking this way?? Go outside a play :angry:

Leviathan
02-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Anything that costs the corporations money should be most welcome

I wholeheartedly approve of your scheme.

Thats the spirit!

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-05-2005, 09:00 PM
There was a program that was made to drain the bandwidth of scam sites some time ago, but it apparently had no real effect. It just reloaded images from the scam sites over and over and over thus consuming their bandwidth in hopes that it would cost them money. Didnt work well apparently :)

KhalidB
02-05-2005, 09:17 PM
You're only 16 and thinking this way?? Go outside a play :angry:

To Skizo: Shut the fuck up

To everyone else: thanks for not being an arsehole even if you don't agree with the post I made.

I realise this might be a bad program if implemented. A DDOS of a companies google ads will be successful in costing them alot of money but someone might make a copy of the program with an innocent site included. This danger is too high. As a compromise we should just click the google ads for scam sites every time we see them.

muchspl2
02-05-2005, 09:36 PM
so let me get this strait, you want to click their adsense ads to hurt them
right

RealitY
02-05-2005, 09:38 PM
we should just click the google ads for scam sites every time we see them.
Enjoy...
:P :P

KhalidB
02-05-2005, 10:35 PM
so let me get this strait, you want to click their adsense ads to hurt them
right

I'm not stupid (https://adwords.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6382&hl=en_GB).

There is a nominal, one-time activation fee for Google AdWords
The scam site pays google money to activate their ads on web pages and google

After that, you pay only for clicks on your AdWords ads
It costs the scam company money when someone clicks on their adwords ads

Skiz
02-05-2005, 10:55 PM
we should just click the google ads for scam sites every time we see them.

have fun with that. :)

Muchspl2, RealitY, and I are on the same page here. :smoke:

Oh yeah, welcome to FST :dry:

KhalidB
02-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Lets pretend this threat never existed.

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-05-2005, 11:13 PM
Most of us just ignore the scam sites. If some people are just too uneducated to sign up for them and get ripped off, then let it be a cheap lesson to learn. but then again, google ad sense is designed to only place appropriate ads on the page according to page content. So mainly, the only way youll see ads like that are if you are looking for filesharing, and hopefully by that time, most have figured it out that filesharing is free. just my stupid ramblings again. :)

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Lets pretend this threat never existed.
oh, the threat is REAL.....VERY REAL :ph34r: :P