PDA

View Full Version : OC + Changed AGP Clock

S!X
02-06-2005, 05:22 AM
I oced mt 5200 a bit more then what the "Detect Optimal Frequencies" had done, and i change my AGP clock in the bios from "AUTO" to 90 and when i play cs source i get a lot of like glitching like flashing constantly, i was talkin to rossco on msn about this earlier but i forgot what he called it :blink: But anyways is my AGP clock ok or what should it be set to and how do i fix the glitching? :helpsmili

S!X
02-06-2005, 05:34 AM
Ok i found what its called "artefact" or visual glitching but how do i fix it? :ermm:

bigdawgfoxx
02-06-2005, 05:45 AM
Lower the speeds, your cards overheating.

S!X
02-06-2005, 05:49 AM
Alright :ohmy:

_John_Lennon_
02-06-2005, 06:25 AM
I oced mt 5200 a bit more then what the "Detect Optimal Frequencies" had done, and i change my AGP clock in the bios from "AUTO" to 90 and when i play cs source i get a lot of like glitching like flashing constantly, i was talkin to rossco on msn about this earlier but i forgot what he called it :blink: But anyways is my AGP clock ok or what should it be set to and how do i fix the glitching? :helpsmili

Overclocking your AGP card through the AGP Bus in BIOS does not help it in the same way that OCing your CPU through the FSB will. This is mainly because the two main frequencies thare you want to change in your video card, the core clock and the memory clock, are not directly related or affect the AGP FSB.

Change it back to 66.

S!X
02-06-2005, 07:03 AM
Overclocking your AGP card through the AGP Bus in BIOS does not help it in the same way that OCing your CPU through the FSB will. This is mainly because the two main frequencies thare you want to change in your video card, the core clock and the memory clock, are not directly related or affect the AGP FSB.

Change it back to 66.

it was on "Auto" ;)

tesco
02-06-2005, 03:38 PM
it was on "Auto" ;)
ok change it to "auto". :P

S!X
02-07-2005, 01:45 AM
ok change it to "auto". :P

Done. :)