PDA

View Full Version : StarTrek Enterprise CANCELLED!

worldpease
02-06-2005, 06:17 AM
Star Trek: Enterprise Cancelled!

After four seasons, Star Trek: Enterprise has reached the end of its mission ...
PRESS RELEASE

UPN and Paramount Network Television have jointly announced that this will be the final season of Star Trek: Enterprise on UPN. [Production will continue until the end of this season, which will finish shooting in March.] The series finale will air on Friday, May 13, 2005.

"Star Trek has been an important part of UPN's history, and Enterprise has carried on the tradition of its predecessors with great distinction," said Dawn Ostroff, President, Entertainment, UPN. "We'd like to thank Rick Berman, Brannon Braga and an incredibly talented cast for creating an engaging, new dimension to the Star Trek universe on UPN, and we look forward to working with them, and our partners at Paramount Network Television, on a send-off that salutes its contributions to The Network and satisfies its loyal viewers."

David Stapf, President of Paramount Network Television, said, "The creators, stars and crew of Star Trek: Enterprise ambitiously and proudly upheld the fine traditions of the Star Trek franchise. We are grateful for their contributions to the legacy of Trek and commend them on completing nearly 100 exciting, dramatic and visually stunning episodes. All of us at Paramount warmly bid goodbye to Enterprise, and we all look forward to a new chapter of this enduring franchise in the future."

A prequel to the original "Star Trek" series, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE premiered on UPN on Sept. 26, 2001, and aired for its first three seasons on Wednesdays (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT). On Oct. 8, 2004, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE moved into its current time on Fridays (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT). Through its four-year run, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE produced a total of 98 episodes and earned four Emmy Awards.

Ooh My...! This is Horrrriiible,...
now I feel terrible... I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, but It doesn't make it any easier. Dama it, damn it all to hell. :crying:

3RA1N1AC
02-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Whoa Doktor!

Busyman
02-06-2005, 07:09 AM
This was the best one and now it gets cancelled. Oh well. :no:

It seems they are showing the beginning of the Federation with humans, Vulcans, Tellarites, and Andorians uniting. Once I saw that I should have known.

Now it's on...............for J. Michael Straszynski's Star Trek!!!!:clap:

cpt_azad
02-07-2005, 05:07 AM
finally, didn't think this thing would get cancelled :dry: jp jp :P :P

4 seaons is a bit short, wonder why they cancelled it though, there were a lot of viewers so that can't be it.

arnoldrimmer
02-07-2005, 06:02 AM
4 seaons is a bit short, wonder why they cancelled it though, there were a lot of viewers so that can't be it.v

Here you are wrong, even here in Europe wie saw that the Nubers are dropping, and your Guys in UPN only look at the American Market.

It is just Money and they did not get what the wantet. But after the last Elction in the US I cant say that there is something that can shock me.

Greetings from "Old Europe" (as Rumsfeld see´s us)

worldpease
02-07-2005, 07:51 AM
Now it's on...............for J. Michael Straszynski's Star Trek!!!!:clap:

Busyman, You confused me a little,
can you tell me what you mean? :unsure:

cpt_azad
02-07-2005, 09:09 AM
ya, i dont get it either busyman....

Busyman
02-07-2005, 09:52 AM
J. Michael Straszynski is the creator of the comic books Rising Stars, (writer) for Spiderman, and others.

He created Babylon 5 after he was supposed to write for Star Trek DS9 but had a power struggle with Rick Berman and Brannon Braga over control.

It seems he has now been green lit to write a new Star Trek series.

sArA
02-07-2005, 10:12 AM
I really like Enterprise, but kept expecting to see that little bloke and his remote control talking to Ziggy..... :lol:

Guillaume
02-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Meh. It's time for a fully Klingon centered ST series. :01:
Enough with the Federation pussies.

sArA
02-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Meh. It's time for a fully Klingon centered ST series. :01:
Enough with the Federation pussies.

Oh yeah....that would be great, but I suggest it is shown after 10pm and has lots of sex and violence.. :lol:

Cheese
02-07-2005, 10:56 AM
It's time to leave the Star Trek franchise alone now, it's gotten stale which is backed up by the low viewing figures of Enterprise.

We need edgier sci-fi shows in the same mould as Babylon 5 or Farscape, not another wishy-washy Star Trek series.

And Klingon sex Sara?:unsure:

Busyman
02-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Well the writer of B5 with control of Star Trek could be jjust what it needed.

Also it's a shame Enterprise is getting canceled after it got "edgier".

Cheese
02-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Well the writer of B5 with control of Star Trek could be jjust what it needed.

Also it's a shame Enterprise is getting canceled after it got "edgier".

You get a talented write like Straszynski and you want to confine him to writing in an already over-explored Universe like Star Trek? The constraints he'd face I wouldn't envy him.

I say enough of all this recycling crap, save that for the environment. Create something new (and probably better, defiently fresher).

Busyman
02-07-2005, 03:04 PM
You get a talented write like Straszynski and you want to confine him to writing in an already over-explored Universe like Star Trek? The constraints he'd face I wouldn't envy him.

I say enough of all this recycling crap, save that for the environment. Create something new (and probably better, defiently fresher).
True but I imagine he wanted to do just that with DS9 and was handcuffed so he told Rick and Brannon to fuck off.

Snee
02-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Meh, I've only seen the first two seasons, so I've still got stuff to see.

And the new one might well rock.

quiksilver_aus
02-07-2005, 05:58 PM
If they do decide to create another star trek series, the only option left to them is to make it after the voyager era. and you know what that means. time travel. which could get really lame really fast. it's time to move on from star trek. everything decent has been done.

Skiz
02-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Good. Sci-fi sucks. Can't wait until all of star trek is gone :clap:

Guillaume
02-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Not necessarily time travel. There's a gap spanning centuries between the Voyager era and the time travelling era.
Time travellers should get scarce since the end of the temporal war (or whatever its name was).

Finding anything more to say about the whole ST universe should prove hard though.

Cheese
02-07-2005, 06:07 PM
One idea would be a completely different setting for the series.

How about in a galaxy far, far away?

Guillaume
02-07-2005, 06:09 PM
They already did some dodgy crossovers. I've found a ST/X-men comic. :huh:

Skiz
02-07-2005, 06:11 PM
:blink:

http://img142.exs.cx/img142/3974/z26qz.th.jpg (http://img142.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img142&image=z26qz.jpg)

3RA1N1AC
02-07-2005, 07:03 PM
not only that they "over-explored" the Star Trek universe in terms of character types, races, etc.... but Star Trek has a nasty habit of recycling its stories. see one plot used in Voyager, and there's a good chance that nearly the precise same plot has been used in Deep Space 9, Next Generation and the Original Series.

Snee
02-07-2005, 08:23 PM
They could do something that didn't take place onboard something belonging to the federation.

It would be pretty cool if the protagonist(s) was against the federation.
Like a crew gone rogue, or the maquis or something. But then again, that might just get bolloxed up too.

Maybe a darker look at federation command or something.

Or they could do something episodic, with each episode treating a specific event from a specific era. But that would probably only work with die-hard trekkies.

Cheese
02-07-2005, 08:31 PM
They could do something that didn't take place onboard something belonging to the federation.

It would be pretty cool if the protagonist(s) was against the federation.
Like a crew gone rogue, or the maquis or something. But then again, that might just get bolloxed up too.

Maybe a darker look at federation command or something.

Or they could do something episodic, with each episode treating a specific event from a specific era. But that would probably only work with die-hard trekkies.

How about a crack space-commando unit that were sent to prison-planet by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Delta quadrant. Today, still wanted by the Federation, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the <Insert name here>.

Snee
02-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah sure.

Can Mr T be one of them?

Busyman
02-07-2005, 09:37 PM
They should do a series based in the mirror universe.

I say they start the series normal (about the first 1/3 of the season) to get the audience used to the characters then take one or two of those characters and flip the script so to speak.

I loved the evil Kirk, Sulu, Chekov, etc.

They also revisited the mirror universe in DS9.

I say they do it again......as a series. ;)

They can also do a series with something new.........a bounty hunter....as the star. He plays both sides.

3RA1N1AC
02-07-2005, 09:52 PM
They can also do a series with something new.........a bounty hunter....as the star. He plays both sides.
that sounds like Starhunter, a canadian series which had a neat premise but it suffered from weak production values and not-too-hot actors (it starred Michael Pare from Eddie & The Cruisers, Streets Of Fire and a million straight-to-video movies nobody ever saw).

i'd still really like to see a Star Wars tv series, now that tv shows are able to do nearly cinema-quality special effects on a budget. the SW universe has more than enough background material to fuel a tv series, and definitely some cool bounty hunter characters that fans would prolly like to spend some time with. come onnnnnnnn George Lucas, throw us a bone, after we've been patient enough to suffer through those crappy Ewok movies, Jar-Jar Binks, and all of the fiddling that's been done on the original trilogy.

Guyver
02-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Finaly!!

I Hate Treckies!!!

Busyman
02-07-2005, 10:05 PM
that sounds like Starhunter, a canadian series which had a neat premise but it suffered from weak production values and not-too-hot actors (it starred Michael Pare from Eddie & The Cruisers, Streets Of Fire and a million straight-to-video movies nobody ever saw).

i'd still really like to see a Star Wars tv series, now that tv shows are able to do nearly cinema-quality special effects on a budget. the SW universe has more than enough background material to fuel a tv series, and definitely some cool bounty hunter characters that fans would prolly like to spend some time with. come onnnnnnnn George Lucas, throw us a bone, after we've been patient enough to suffer through those crappy Ewok movies, Jar-Jar Binks, and all of the fiddling that's been done on the original trilogy.
Either that or make many of the damn SW books into movies.

Some are easily translatable. Lucas' ego won't allow it. He has to die. :dry: :shifty:

Cheese
02-07-2005, 10:11 PM

Some are easily translatable. Lucas' ego won't allow it. He has to die. :dry: :shifty:

There's been rumours of a TV series set after a Episode 3 for a while now. I put it down to wishful thinking myself, I think you're right in that Lucas wouldn't allow it...

The Clone Wars cartoon was pretty decent mind.

Snee
02-07-2005, 10:30 PM

"I, Jedi" would make for a cool movie or series, I always thought.

sArA
02-07-2005, 10:50 PM
I would like to see a new series of Lexx.....that had loads of potential for expansion and is definately the darker, seedier, sexier side of sci-fi.

Snee
02-07-2005, 11:00 PM
I would like to see a new series of Lexx.....that had loads of potential for expansion and is definately the darker, seedier, sexier side of sci-fi.
Yup, lexx was good, and I hope I can still take you up on that offer about getting the later seasons of the series off you.

One day I'll sort out BT again, one day.

Another good one, tho' nothing like lexx, was "Space: Above and Beyond". They just shut that one down in the middle of a season, I think, the fookers.

Busyman
02-07-2005, 11:01 PM
"I, Jedi" would make for a cool movie or series, I always thought.
Was that the one with Coran Horn?

Busyman
02-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Yup, lexx was good, and I hope I can still take you up on that offer about getting the later seasons of the series off you.

Another good one, tho' nothing like lexx, was "Space: Above and Beyond". They just shut that one down in the middle of a season, I think, the fookers.
That and Earth 2. They came on back to back.

sArA
02-07-2005, 11:05 PM

I have quite a lot burnt onto disc, hopefully the quality is ok....just give me a holler when you are ready and I will put em up for you. I am still trying to get the rest of season 3 (although I have a few) and looking for 4 (not as good as the others though imo)

I vaguely remember that.... :) Seem to remeber it was pretty good

Snee
02-07-2005, 11:07 PM
@Busy: Yep, I liked Corran, he is a great character. And he's got interesting people around him.

I just had an epiphany, i know what the next Star Trek series is going to be.

I can see it now.

Star Trek:Wesley Crusher :01:

"Chronicling the further adventures of the greatest and most heroic individual to ever set foot on the deck-plating of the USS Enterprise."

:unsure:

EDit: thanks sara, that's great. :)

Busyman
02-07-2005, 11:11 PM
I have quite a lot burnt onto disc, hopefully the quality is ok....just give me a holler when you are ready and I will put em up for you. I am still trying to get the rest of season 3 (although I have a few) and looking for 4 (not as good as the others though imo)

I vaguely remember that.... :) Seem to remeber it was pretty good
Mantrid was great.

Cheese
02-07-2005, 11:17 PM

Season 4 is on TorrentSpy but weighing in at a hefty 7gb.

Not really watched it myself (maybe caught a couple of episodes), might try and grab a few eps...

sArA
02-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Mantrid was great.

So was Rutger Hauer as Bog

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/sara5564-lexxxp.jpg

ok...BM and Snny....which one?

Zev

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/sara5564-zev2.jpg

or

Xev?

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/sara5564-xev1a.jpg

Guillaume
02-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Eva Habermann! :drool:

worldpease
02-08-2005, 12:50 AM
Lucasfilm prepping Star Wars TV Series

It’s not at all surprising – considering it’s more about money than meticulously satisfying fans, for the man.

George Lucas is apparently considering a “Star Wars” probable live-action TV Series that’ll air twelfth months after “Star Wars Episode III” is released.

TheForce.Net reports that “While there won't be more movies, we continue to hear the move is to TV. Sources are now telling us that there WILL be a TV series in 2006.”

No word on what, where, when or who will air the impending series (we assume FOX), but our fingers are already crossed it’s not the “Star Wars Christmas Special” on permanent loop for 14 weeks.

Barbarossa
02-08-2005, 10:34 AM
It's very hard to think up new ideas for sci-fi series and fit each story into three quarters of an hour...

The best sci-fi series seem to be ones that have an on-going dark theme through a whole season; Babylon 5 excelled in this, as did Farscape.. :01:

I never really saw Lexx until season 4, which I didn't like at all!! :blink:

I think the Star Trek franchise is just about finished. I hope they don't try to make any more, especially not about time travel.. :no:

Busyman
02-08-2005, 02:10 PM
So was Rutger Hauer as Bog

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/sara5564-lexxxp.jpg

ok...BM and Snny....which one?

Zev

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/sara5564-zev2.jpg

or

Xev?

Easily :dry:

This is cummin' from a straight up Brunin Gee baby.

worldpease
06-08-2005, 04:32 AM
Well, it has been a few weeks now,
but I felt like telling averyone that I, for once,
don't watch UPN anymore, I have it banned at home.
If someone tunes chanel 49(UPN 13SanDiego),
I'll short circuit that TV, so everybody is being careful.

btw, a link, just for fun:
http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=192214

cpt_azad
06-08-2005, 06:59 AM
oh thank god, i never thought the day would come when this POS show got cancelled, it's a bad name to sci-fi. voyager, now there's a show :cool: [end sarcasm......now].

4play
06-08-2005, 11:11 AM
lexx was a great show until season 4 then i completly lost interest when they visit earth. the really dark sci fi seems to come across very well especially lexx and the new battlestar galactica, cant wait for the new season.

shame about enterprise getting cancelled when it was starting to get o.k the last few episodes in the mirror universe where pretty good. but the finale with ryker and troy in the holodeck sucked big time and really did not fit in at all with the episode it was meant to coinside with of tng.