PDA

View Full Version : Xupiter

MR-C
04-02-2003, 08:08 PM
Hello all,

I have a prog called Xupiter that has got into my system. I have used Adaware to get rid of it but it keeps returning. The last count that Adaware found was 93 entries, so i deleted them all including the folder it created and checked the reg. But when i go on the internet again the beast returns.

And i have been using Ad-Watch 3.0 too and that wont stop it.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks

MR-C

Livy
04-02-2003, 08:12 PM
try updating ad-aware to latest version.
if not try spybot search and destroy, u can get it off k-lite main site.

infamousalbo101
04-03-2003, 01:16 AM
adaware 6.0 i will definently take offffff hahahah

EnJoi
04-03-2003, 01:23 AM
i reccomend everyone use GoBaCk if u DL something like a virus or u dellete something i saw a hash 4 it just sarch it ;)

zapjb
04-03-2003, 04:03 AM
This will sound silly. But with some spyware, an old old version of iMesh comes to mind. Anyways it took alternating AAW & Spybot 3 or 4 times & reboots. But it took like 45 minutes running those progs & rebooting. But it worked. :)

Schuler
04-03-2003, 06:25 AM
Ad-aware 6.0 is out, you can get it from their site at www.lavasoftusa.com. That is the best scanning.

Also like people said Spybot works good too --> http://security.kolla.de/index.php?lang=en...n&page=download (http://security.kolla.de/index.php?lang=en&page=download)

There's the link to that and for free you can have a very good trojan/virus scanner (maybe that would help) called swat it --> http://lockdowncorp.com/bots/downloadswatit.html

Hope this helps.

sparkyjones23
04-03-2003, 10:23 AM
spybot search & destroy will kill that sucker

baseballboy
04-03-2003, 02:52 PM
SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY WORKED FOR ME.

StrongislanD
04-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Thank you soo muck i could not deal with that xupiter sh*t anymore it is GONE! How do they gett hat stuff on your pc anyway?

Schuler
04-03-2003, 05:11 PM
When you download freeware or shareware programs they come wiht programs like Xupiter and gaotr bundled into them, i's just that you don't know it. If you read the whole EULA you'll see exactly what you're getting but no one reads that, so they enter your system undetected. DivXPROGAIN bundle for instance has gator installed with it, but fortunately it lets you know. Other programs aren't so nice and you find yourself with all kinds of spyware running around on your system.

MR-C
04-04-2003, 11:46 PM
Thanks for all the reply's
I found this nasty little thing in the end. it managed to get deep deep in the sys reg. i think,but not sure if it was in one of the video codec's i dl

but none of the above could get rid of it. Cos it would restart its self every time you started the pc.

Thanks anyway for the advice

MR-C

CornerPocket
04-05-2003, 12:32 AM
FYI..........

A solution used by many:

http://www.md4pc.com/questions/63.htm

neevakee
04-05-2003, 11:00 AM
actually just tonight I went over to a friends and he had it. Adaware didn't get it all of but spybot did. I even found out he had the klez virus. oh well he wants to reinstall windows any ways

t3miami
04-09-2003, 12:30 PM
i have gotten infected with that thing a couple times. the easiest way to get rid of it is to go to their website, they have an option to click on to unistall it from your computer. while you are there make sure you leave them a nasty message. i have the uninstall bookmarked now.

Larry
05-01-2003, 08:42 PM
XUPITER was a real pain in the butt. I tried Add/Remove Programs but couldn't get rid of the tool bar, so XUPITER files were hidden throughout my system. Watching Tech TV one day and a caller had the same problem in how to get rid of it. Suggested method was to download SpyBot Search and Destroy. I did and SpyBot removed all traces of XUPITER.
Try it and Good Luck!

ugluk
05-01-2003, 09:00 PM
you could perhaps block them with your firewall. i have and i have never had it on my system. but that might just be a coinsidence i guess.

i believe this is the IP you could try and block: 63.236.32.50
it's in peerguardian anyway.

the-ninja69
05-02-2003, 12:59 AM
Ya that damn xupiter f*cked up my comp before. Ad-aware 6 got it very easily and havent had any problems since. But if that doesnt worl do it manually. Go to start run regedit. Then go to hk local machine or hk current user then go under software and delete it from there.