PDA

View Full Version : Question about e-mule

hippychick
02-07-2005, 08:24 PM
ok, I've used k-lite which sucks and currently using Ares which is starting to suck...So I thought I would step out and get brave and try something new like e-mule. The only thing I dl are movies so is this a good prog for movies? Is it easy to find movie?
Will it slow down my comp?
Also, all I have to do is dl and install and run it like Ares?
Also what are clients? I think I read that u have to use a client? :huh:
I'm really quiet confussed on anthing other then ares/klite interface but I'm willing to learn.

ObiWan
02-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Also, all I have to do is dl and install and run it like Ares?

you just install it like Ares and K-lite

Also what are clients? I think I read that u have to use a client?

A Client is a version of the program, because eMule is opensource the are various different versions (eMule, eMule Plus, MorphXT, etc) these are client and which one you choose is up to you.

hippychick
02-07-2005, 09:31 PM
thanks obiewan for shedding some light :D
Which do u feel is better... the e-mule ike posted or e-mule plus for beginners?

ObiWan
02-07-2005, 09:47 PM
the emule that ike posted is the official build (the one that the others are based on). emule plus has a 'prittier' GUI and i think is easier for beginners.

www.emuleplus.info

a lot of which client you choose is down to personal preferance

Harsh!
02-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Go with a mod in my opinion....
One thing you need to be aware of with eMule is that to get a decent speed going, the file your downloading needs to have a few sources, ie: the more sources the better the down speed.

hippychick
02-07-2005, 09:56 PM
the emule that ike posted is the official build (the one that the others are based on). emule plus has a 'prittier' GUI and i think is easier for beginners.

www.emuleplus.info

a lot of which client you choose is down to personal preferance
I know another dumb question...lol
I checked out the site...do I dl the installer, bianary and sources? and if I do will they all link togather? :ermm:

ObiWan
02-07-2005, 10:04 PM
you only need 1
either the installer or binary
the installer runs through an installation wisard like most other software
the binary is just the files in a zip and has to be set manually

hippychick
02-07-2005, 10:16 PM
ok, here goes nothing lol...got it dl and about to install it...will I need to port fwd if I have a router or can I bypass or use the same ports as ares?

Vargas
02-07-2005, 10:22 PM
you should forward the TCP and UDP ports you configured in emule, you should use different ports then ares, just in case you want to use ares while your files sit there queued :p

hippychick
02-07-2005, 10:28 PM
you should forward the TCP and UDP ports you configured in emule, you should use different ports then ares, just in case you want to use ares while your files sit there queued :p
lol o no dont tell me e-mule stays q'ued forever... :no:
Ares stays connecting for days.

Vargas
02-07-2005, 10:39 PM
lol o no dont tell me e-mule stays q'ued forever... :no:
Ares stays connecting for days.
it ain't to bad once you have a 9.27MB chunk of your partial to upload, and get credit in others queue, with the same file

sArA
02-07-2005, 10:59 PM
I have used emule for years and its really a case of set it running and forget about it. You are unlikely to get files as quickly as with Kazaa, but there are a lot less fakes and there is also the bonus that you don't get corrupted files.

It mainly has older movies, although newer ones do pop up regularly. It is good for tv series and roms, and some software. It also has some more obscure stuff, like the whole of 'The Prisoner' series from the 1960's.

As it is configured, my 9 year old son regularly gets games and stuff, although you have to watch out for the pron :dry:

Harsh!
02-08-2005, 01:17 AM
Most large files you can get within 24 hours....
But its not uncommon if some people end up waiting a little longer...

hippychick
02-08-2005, 01:43 AM
I got it installed and when I run a search it says its not connected... :no:
Is that the port fwd thang? I dont know how to change my router, so is there a easy way to get it to use my old ares port?

Samurai
02-08-2005, 01:49 AM
I've PM'd you.

hippychick
02-08-2005, 01:56 AM
I've PM'd you.
got it thanks :smilie3:

hippychick
02-08-2005, 05:06 PM
This am I had 4 complelted Immortels...When I did a search I choose video but when I went to play the movie it was in audio all of them that where completed how did this happen?
I did another search this am and they all started off as video but when I slide the bar over to "priority" they all say audio (HI) will these also turn out to be audio instead of the movie I want?
LOL I have been trying to dl this movie for 6 months and it was so exciting to see it was dl this am and then I was :angry: when it was a audio...Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

ZaZu
02-15-2005, 07:14 AM
This am I had 4 complelted Immortels...When I did a search I choose video but when I went to play the movie it was in audio all of them that where completed how did this happen?
I did another search this am and they all started off as video but when I slide the bar over to "priority" they all say audio (HI) will these also turn out to be audio instead of the movie I want?
LOL I have been trying to dl this movie for 6 months and it was so exciting to see it was dl this am and then I was :angry: when it was a audio...Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

Les Immortels (http://www.carrousel.qc.ca/immortels.htm) are a music group,where you looking for The Immortals (http://imdb.com/title/tt0113394/) ?

http://www.carrousel.qc.ca/immortels.htm

Virtualbody1234
02-15-2005, 12:41 PM
What is the filename with extension?

orcutt989
02-15-2005, 10:52 PM
I have used emule for years and its really a case of set it running and forget about it. You are unlikely to get files as quickly as with Kazaa, but there are a lot less fakes and there is also the bonus that you don't get corrupted files.

It mainly has older movies, although newer ones do pop up regularly. It is good for tv series and roms, and some software. It also has some more obscure stuff, like the whole of 'The Prisoner' series from the 1960's.

As it is configured, my 9 year old son regularly gets games and stuff, although you have to watch out for the pron :dry:

I can get lots of rare movies, and anything that is rare, and big. I about quadrupled my dreamcast game collection through emule.