PDA

View Full Version : Drawing room introductions?

ilw
02-08-2005, 09:03 PM
The Drawing Room
For (serious) discussions on any topic. New to our boards ? Introduce yourself here ! NOTE: This forum will be moderated more strictly than the others to keep the discussions on-topic.

Shouldn't new members introduce themselves in the lounge? Would get more replies and views that way.
Just a thought...

btw no offence Dyingtolive (if you're reading this), your post just reminded me of the issue

sArA
02-08-2005, 09:19 PM
That's why I moved his thread....I agree......need to have a little chat with admin about the room description....unless of course there are lots of serious objections.

MagicNakor
02-08-2005, 11:38 PM
I thought that "new to the boards" bit was on the Lounge description...

Shows how much I read the room descriptions then. ;)

:shuriken:

Virtualbody1234
02-09-2005, 02:46 AM
I think it was set up like this because of the way new member's introduction threads got filled with nonsense in the lounge. Not very welcoming.

cpt_azad
02-09-2005, 07:50 AM
ya, the lounge isn't a very good place to introduce one self. it will be spammed like crazy.

clocker
02-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Hi!

My name is clocker and I'm just soooo excited to be a part of this forum!

Let me tell you a bit about myself.
I'm incredibly handsome and rich.
When Brad Pitt sleeps, he dreams he is me.
When Jennifer Anniston sleeps, she dreams that I am Brad Pitt.

All this dreaming/identity swapping can be tiring, so I also enjoy afternoon naps.

Along with fine dining and long walks on the beach.
Naturally.

I really hope to meet some exciting people here and join in all the cool discussions.
I can't seem to find the Hanson Fan Club section...do I need a certain amount of posts to be able to see it?
That's OK, I'm perfectly capable of spamming my way into a huge post count.
I own the Internet.

Looking forward to meeting all you fine people, using my uberl33t skillz to find your locations and then stalking you.

This is going to be so much fun.

Virtualbody1234
02-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Fun indeed!

dwightfry
02-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Where were you guys when I brought this up?!?!?!?!? I just got spammed until I didn't care anymore.

j2k4
02-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Hi!

My name is clocker and I'm just soooo excited to be a part of this forum!

Let me tell you a bit about myself.
I'm incredibly handsome and rich.
When Brad Pitt sleeps, he dreams he is me.
When Jennifer Anniston sleeps, she dreams that I am Brad Pitt.

All this dreaming/identity swapping can be tiring, so I also enjoy afternoon naps.

Along with fine dining and long walks on the beach.
Naturally.

I really hope to meet some exciting people here and join in all the cool discussions.
I can't seem to find the Hanson Fan Club section...do I need a certain amount of posts to be able to see it?
That's OK, I'm perfectly capable of spamming my way into a huge post count.
I own the Internet.

Looking forward to meeting all you fine people, using my uberl33t skillz to find your locations and then stalking you.

I've heard that Brad Pitt has incredibly bad body odor, and has cleared the lobbies of some of the finest hotels on the planet thereby.

I wonder how Ms. Aniston could abide him, even before he exhibited his divided loyalties? :huh:

sArA
02-11-2005, 12:11 AM
I do think though, that new people are more likely to make a hello thread in the lounge.

It is generally a friendly place...if spam ridden :lol:

The drawing room can get a little heated on occasion and has an air of strong debate issues that the lounge does not.

This makes the lounge a little less intimidating for the newcomer.

j2k4
02-11-2005, 12:18 AM
The drawing room can get a little heated on occasion and has an air of strong debate issues that the lounge does not.

Strong debate has an odor?

Gadzooks! :huh:

Cheese
02-11-2005, 12:28 AM
Instead of just letting any person who stumbles across the board join and introduce themselves we should have a rigorous interview policy to sort the riff-raff out.

All potential members should send in a CV and cover letter about what they feel they can bring to the forum with at least two references of character.

After an interview, spelling/grammar test and delousing they should then be voted in or out by a select group of members.

Of course, they will initially be under a 3 month probationary period.

clocker
02-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Strong debate has an odor?

Gadzooks! :huh:
Of course.
Brad Pitt for instance, is a well-known rhetoratician.

But you knew that.

Biggles
02-11-2005, 01:54 AM
Hi!

I like to doodle in the margins.

They can't touch you for it - apparently. :unsure:

clocker
02-11-2005, 04:26 AM
They can't touch you for it - apparently. :unsure:
Don't be so certain about that, young man.
Has anyone ever explained the difference between a good touch and a bad touch to you?

Hobbes may have misled you.....

Biggles
02-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Don't be so certain about that, young man.
Has anyone ever explained the difference between a good touch and a bad touch to you?

Hobbes may have misled you.....

But ... but ...

Hobbes was so plausible. :ermm:

Biggles
02-11-2005, 04:39 PM
I thought the three months probation a tad light. :whistling

Cheese
02-11-2005, 05:35 PM
I thought the three months probation a tad light. :whistling

Obviously that is followed by double-secret probation period of at least 9 months.

j2k4
02-11-2005, 08:12 PM
But ... but ...

Hobbes was so plausible. :ermm:

So was Bush... ;)

j2k4
02-13-2005, 02:06 PM
We should really have a poll

Does j2 like bush

No need for a poll; here is the answer:

Keeping relativity in mind, and also the fact politicians live what must be described (at the very least) as an existence of compromised principles and expedient maleability, I should say I like him much better than I liked John Kerry, or currently (everlastingly, actually) Hillary Clinton, who is in the midst of attempting one of the great make-overs in recent political history in the form of a quick turn to the right.

This should prove interesting, because the more convincing she becomes, the more she will alienate her own base, which is insufficient to begin with; as to new Hillary fans, there will not be any, because they are already Republicans who know her ideology is as thin as the defective bolt of cloth she is cut from.

Bush hasn't got that special talent that allows him to abruptly change directions to accomodate new polling information and/or unexpected election results.

I view this as a distinctly positive trait.

BTW-I look forward with great interest to gauging the effectiveness of Dr. Howard Dean in his new role as head of the DNC.

YEEEEEHAW!!!!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program... :)

Biggles
02-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Would it be fair to precis the above as "he was the best of an appallingly bad bunch" :shifty:

j2k4
02-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Would it be fair to precis the above as "he was the best of an appallingly bad bunch" :shifty:

Quite fair; although with the addition of the words "by far" just before "the best", and extreme emphasis on "appallingly".