PDA

View Full Version : Questio, a bit more serious

Skweeky1
02-09-2005, 09:54 AM
I remember a while ago someome mentioning he had a daughter with Asperger's syndrome.
I have the same but haven't bothered yet to find myself a decent therapist in the UK although I should ;)

If anyone has the name of a good organisation, It'd be great if you could pass it on to me. Cheers :)

j2k4
02-11-2005, 12:04 AM
How did you discover you were so afflicted, Skweeks?

This is quite a surprise.

Busyman
02-11-2005, 01:08 AM
I remember a while ago someome mentioning he had a daughter with Asperger's syndrome.
I have the same but haven't bothered yet to find myself a decent therapist in the UK although I should ;)

If anyone has the name of a good organisation, It'd be great if you could pass it on to me. Cheers :)
You got Asssperger's? :blink:

You seem to function well...but what do I know.

manker
02-11-2005, 11:20 AM
You got Asssperger's? :blink:

You seem to function well...but what do I know.Clearly not a lot. From what I understand about the subject, apart from severe instances, it is unlikely to manifest itself in a written relationship with peers. Such as is the case on this message board.

I only know a little as a few years ago two people in one of my A-Level classes had it. I'll stfu about it now too.

Busyman
02-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Clearly not a lot. From what I understand about the subject, apart from severe instances, it is unlikely to manifest itself in a written relationship with peers. Such as is the case on this message board.

I only know a little as a few years ago two people in one of my A-Level classes had it. I'll stfu about it now too.
Well I'm referring to past descriptions of her life wank.

I always thought Assssperger's was similar to autism.

manker
02-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Well I'm referring to past descriptions of her life wank.

I always thought Assssperger's was similar to autism.No shit and it is :blink:

Biggles
02-11-2005, 03:12 PM
:dry:

I was the person that posted a few months ago and I am looking into this for Skweeky. In consideration for both Skweeky and SGG we are talking about it by PM.

manker
02-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any discomfort for either of them.

Busyman
02-11-2005, 03:17 PM
No shit and it is :blink:
Yup and by your writing style I see that you have Assssperger's too. :shifty:

....in addition to a low level of grammar education. :1eye:

Busyman
02-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any discomfort for either of them.
Same here Biggs. No one was posting here on the subject so wank got the brunt of some of my wrath. :shifty:

I keep forgetting that some on here get really wrapped up into this internet.

manker
02-11-2005, 03:26 PM
Same here Biggs. No one was posting here on the subject so wank got the brunt of some of my wrath. :shifty:

I keep forgetting that some on here get really wrapped up into this internet.Thanks for that, Mr here every single day and will never let a rebuttal go unanswered, ever, no way, no how. Doesn't matter how inane it is.

/me waits for response.

Your pseudo-wrath is a constant source of amusement, btw :D

Biggles
02-11-2005, 03:30 PM
:huh:

I think I shall tiptoe away and leave you guys to it.

:lol:

Skweeky1
02-11-2005, 03:31 PM
To answer your questions..

I only got diagnosed with it when I was 20. I've always had trouble building social relations and as for many people with the same problem, the internet is a place where I can be well...different. I never bothered to contact a support group or a therapist when I moved to the UK and that was a bit of a mistake :)

To most people I don't know I function normally until I hit a bad time and then shit hits the fan

lynx
02-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Since Skweeky has found her source, I'm closing this before manker and Busyman have any more to say. It can be reopened if Skweeks so wishes.

Edit: reopened