PDA

View Full Version : Ok someone please tell me

Jon L. Obscene
02-09-2005, 11:24 AM
wtf is going on with this board and FF?

Ok example of really annoying feature, I'm replying to a post

Every time I quote something of click a smile, the quote tag or smilie goes to the bottom of my post and the page jumps to the top so I then have to scroll down again, which is no good if I'm editing or replying with more than one quote.

Have I got something set wrong or do I have to just put up with it?

Jonno :cool:

manker
02-09-2005, 11:33 AM
That's just the way it is with smilies and quote tags on Firefox but help is at hand from Mozilla.

I usually just write in the code for smilies 'cos I always use the quick reply box but I use the bb code plug-in (https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&id=128&vid=1091) for the tags. The bb code plug-in is essential if you use FF. It rawks :01:

Cheese
02-09-2005, 11:34 AM
wtf is going on with this board and FF?

Ok example of really annoying feature, I'm replying to a post

Every time I quote something of click a smile, the quote tag or smilie goes to the bottom of my post and the page jumps to the top so I then have to scroll down again, which is no good if I'm editing or replying with more than one quote.

Have I got something set wrong or do I have to just put up with it?

I have the exact same problem with my FF Jonno, very annoying.

I think there are a few bugs that need to be sorted out this, the admin know about them but I don't think they know how to fix them. :(

Yogi
02-09-2005, 11:38 AM
I use SlimBrowser.

manker
02-09-2005, 11:41 AM
I have the exact same problem with my FF Jonno, very annoying.

I think there are a few bugs that need to be sorted out this, the admin know about them but I don't think they know how to fix them. :(I think it's an incompatibility between FF and VB. Maybe it's message boards in general 'cause we also had the problem on IPB.

Doesn't really bother me much since I got used to teh plug in.

Jon L. Obscene
02-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Ok you guys told me that FF was the muts nuts :dry:

Anyway, installed that Manker.............now..........wtf is it and what does iit do and where is it? :unsure:

Cheese
02-09-2005, 11:45 AM
I think it's an incompatibility between FF and VB. Maybe it's message boards in general 'cause we also had the problem on IPB.

Doesn't really bother me much since I got used to teh plug in.

Sshhh, I'm trying to blame everything on the admins...

Actually I've learned the codes so I can use the quick reply as well, I'm not a great user of smilies anyhow so it doesn't affect me too bad.

Though if we had that Krohn guy around still then maybe he could have tweaked the code to fix these niggling little bugs?

Cheese
02-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Ok you guys told me that FF was the muts nuts :dry:

Anyway, installed that Manker.............now..........wtf is it and what does iit do and where is it? :unsure:

Restart FF and then right click in the reply box at the bottom.

Jon L. Obscene
02-09-2005, 11:48 AM
I know all the tag codes Cheese, but it's a lot easier to just highlight and click the button don't you think?
What a weird error :huh:

What box at the bottom? I see no box :blink:

Cheese
02-09-2005, 11:50 AM
The quick reply box:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Withcheese/bbcode.jpg

Jon L. Obscene
02-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Ah cool :D will have a play later.

Cheers :01:

Guess I better go get ready for work :(

See you guys later

manker
02-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Should be self explanitory, once you've played about a bit. It's all about the right click.

To enable quick reply, look in your CP :D

http://img140.exs.cx/img140/5396/snag06314vs.jpg

Guillaume
02-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Since we're talking about FF extensions, you all may want to have a look at spellbound (http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/).

Saves problems with the grammar police a.k.a manker.

manker
02-09-2005, 11:55 AM
:lol:

Why don't I have a smilies option :angry: :busyman: :angry:

Jon L. Obscene
02-09-2005, 11:59 AM
lmao @Guill :lol:

@Manker..... I always have used the quick reply, only ocsasionally use the full box :)

Anyway, I's off :)

Guillaume
02-09-2005, 12:01 PM
See ya.

Don't work too hard...

Cheese
02-09-2005, 12:06 PM
Bye Jonno.

Good plug-in G, I shall be using that to ensure I don't make any mostakes.

manker
02-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Crap plug-in G, I shan't be using that lest my sentence construction becomes laz

Guillaume
02-09-2005, 12:13 PM
What's wrong with it?

manker
02-09-2005, 12:15 PM
What box at the bottom? I see no box :blink:

To enable quick reply, look in your CP

@Manker..... I always have used the quick reply, only ocsasionally use the full box :)

Same old fecking Jonno, I even got the smug smiley :lol:

/me seethes.

Cheese
02-09-2005, 12:16 PM
What's wrong with it?

I think manker's trying to be funny... :unsure:

I actually do like it and will use it for my more long-winded posts which I tend to make spelling errors on.

manker
02-09-2005, 12:16 PM
What's wrong with it?Nuffin, mate. I was having a larf.

Maybe I was slightly alluding to the possiblility that over use could make one lazy in non-message board situations - but I've only just thought of that :blink:

Cheese
02-09-2005, 12:18 PM

/me seethes.

I wasn't going to say but the posts were quite contradictory. :unsure:

Guillaume
02-09-2005, 12:20 PM
D'oh. :frusty:

It's a lot of help for non-native English speakers, like me or Jonno, though.

Cheese
02-09-2005, 12:21 PM
D'oh. :frusty:

It's a lot of help for non-native english speakers, like me or Jonno, though.

It should be made compulsory for all posters to use it. :shifty:

manker
02-09-2005, 12:25 PM
It should be made compulsory for all posters to use it. :shifty::01: :lol:

I can think of a few who should definitely be forced to use it.

A poll would be good, tho' a touch cruel. I'm too much of a nice guy to point out other people's failings :whistling

TheDave
02-09-2005, 05:03 PM
i dont use the flawed and buggy firefox. http://moderation.invisionzone.com/style_emoticons/default/snooty.gif

i just wanna know has jonno been in some kind of quality street explosion? :blink:

Busyman
02-09-2005, 05:57 PM
I use IE and have no problems whatsoever. :dry:

Everyone says FF is the shit when all I hear is problems with it in casual use.

DanB
02-09-2005, 06:03 PM
What's wrong with it?

I installed it last time you mentioned and thought it was a pile of poo so uninstalled it :unsure:

manker
02-09-2005, 06:04 PM
The entire interweb is tailored to IE. Obviously.

If you're not bothered about security or speed, use IE.

Cheese
02-09-2005, 06:04 PM
I use IE and have no problems whatsoever. :dry:

Everyone says FF is the shit when all I hear is problems with it in casual use.

The benefits outweigh the few niggling problems it has, the extensions just blow IE out of the water. IE is a great browser if you don't want to actually do anything useful with it and you like the security of your computer compromised.

enoughfakefiles
02-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Your not having these problems because all the smilies have`nt loaded properly are you,because i`ve sen that happenbefore on VB boards when your waiting for the last smilie to load. :unsure:

Jon L. Obscene
02-09-2005, 09:45 PM

/me seethes.

Dude, you got that all wrong :rolleyes: The smilie was used in a non argumentative manner, I did'nt understand what you meant,, I thought you meant a box at the bottom of FF, Cheese then explained so I just replied to that bit you put, just so you are in the picture and able to understand what I needed help with, thats all :) <- meaning I'm smiling and thankyou for your help you paranoid tosser :P

Emdee
02-10-2005, 01:17 AM
The one problem I've ever had with FireFox and Thunderbird is all my bookmarks and mail disappearing whenever my computer blue-screens.

Apart from that, I wouldn't go back to IE :01:

manker
02-10-2005, 01:58 PM
The one problem I've ever had with FireFox and Thunderbird is all my bookmarks and mail disappearing whenever my computer blue-screens.

Apart from that, I wouldn't go back to IE :01:You need the bookmark back up plugin (http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/bookmarkbackup). Sorts it all out by making a backup .html in a subfolder each day.

Btw, Jonno - I know you're out to get me :fear:

Cheese
02-10-2005, 02:02 PM
I like FF and Thunderbird.

The problem with IE being so popliar is that it is such a hacking target. The fact that it is so closely integrated with most people's OS doesn't help matters.

I have installed the bbCode plug-in, thanks for that. Kewl.

Any other suggestions muchly appreciated. I'm not looking for links to pages tho' I can find those. Just suggestions on what you like.

If you haven't already got it then the extension that allows you to view a page in IE is pretty useful for those pages that don't work with Firefox.

manker
02-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Do I sense a hook and perhaps a tad of roddery.:D

Being a bit of a fisher, on t'web and off, I can diagnose an acute case of Osteichthyes atrophy, where large fish such as carp can become so wary of normal fodder that they starve themselves almost to the point of inertia. This, of coarse, is due to over fishing.

Here is Chebus' plug-in (http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/ieview).

Cheese
02-10-2005, 05:12 PM
:D

Being a bit of a fisher, on t'web and off, I can diagnose an acute case of Osteichthyes atrophy, where large fish such as carp can become so wary of normal fodder that they starve themselves almost to the point of inertia. This, of coarse, is due to over fishing.

Here is Chebus' plug-in (http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/ieview).

That's the one. It's useful for sites like Windows Ghey Update which don't allow any browsers but crappy IE on there.*

Also, for instance, the Jobcentre Plus site only works with IE. Though how I found that out I'll never know...

*Having an anti-Microsoft day. :miniglare:

vidcc
02-10-2005, 05:30 PM
i get problems with ff crashing if using google images search and still with websites that don't have the .swf files embedded :angry:

TheDave
02-10-2005, 06:41 PM
i get problems with ff crashing if using google images search and still with websites that don't have the .swf files embedded :angry:
i dont :P