PDA

View Full Version : Relationship Tips

Cheese
02-09-2005, 02:04 PM
Please post relationship advice here so that others may learn from your mistakes.

Never insult your significant other's taste in music insisting that all she listens to is classical music and bands with banjo-players in. She won't let you live it down for weeks/months/years/ever.

Guillaume
02-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Never, ever answer to clothes related questions. Especially when the question involves one of her female friends.

I know it's an old one, but true nonetheless.

{I}{K}{E}
02-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Never say:

'That's not the way my ex did it'
'Are you sure the dress shrunk?'

manker
02-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Buying bins as presents is usually bad, unless you're me :crazy:

Emdee
02-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Never rub another man's rhubarb.

http://www.fotogramas.wanadoo.es/ftgrms/web/especiales/villanos/_image/joker.jpg

Skweeky1
02-09-2005, 02:41 PM
When it involves guys;

-Never ask start a question with the word 'why'. Apparently it implies hostility

-Don't insult ex-girlfriends. It's only a privilige for them

- If they're not feeling well ALWAYS show sympathy. Don't ask for sympathy in return, it is 'childish'

- When discussing problems in the relationship, always use the term 'we' , even where it actually just concerns 'him'. Unless you want to find out what a cornered animal really looks like

- If you make a mistake they made in the past, never refer back to it. It's called digging up the past. To them the term 'relating' has something to do with haberdasherryand the likes and is therefore highly un-masculin

- Everything you say when drunk will be used against you. This obviously does not work the other way around as they were 'just' drunk

:vicious:

Emdee
02-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Cynical...

but true. :01:

manker
02-09-2005, 02:50 PM
:vicious::crying:

All of that seemed quite reasonable, to me :unsure:

(>Zero Cool<)
02-09-2005, 02:58 PM
do not call your lady by the wrong name, especially if you call her by an ex's name, especially especially if it is your most recent ex. I know it's an old classic but it is soooooooo true :no:

Yogi
02-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Never, never, never take ANYTHING for granted!

Yogi

Illuminati
02-09-2005, 03:02 PM
The Spanish Fly (http://www.liquidgeneration.com/poptoons/spanish_fly1.asp) Says it all :D

{I}{K}{E}
02-09-2005, 03:09 PM
The Spanish Fly (http://www.liquidgeneration.com/poptoons/spanish_fly1.asp) Says it all :D

DING-DONG :P

Yogi
02-09-2005, 03:37 PM
DING-DONG :P

=Tralalaaaa!!!! :P

YoTraLaDong :01:

brenda
02-09-2005, 03:43 PM
When it's the one night that you see you boyfriend all week don't mention that you would rather be in Sheffield watching a live band than sat at home watching the England game :(

ginguar
02-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Never ask "is it in yet"

Gemby!
02-09-2005, 04:08 PM
dump them :)

Snee
02-09-2005, 04:10 PM
When it involves guys;

-Never ask start a question with the word 'why'. Apparently it implies hostility

-Don't insult ex-girlfriends. It's only a privilige for them

- If they're not feeling well ALWAYS show sympathy. Don't ask for sympathy in return, it is 'childish'

- When discussing problems in the relationship, always use the term 'we' , even where it actually just concerns 'him'. Unless you want to find out what a cornered animal really looks like

- If you make a mistake they made in the past, never refer back to it. It's called digging up the past. To them the term 'relating' has something to do with haberdasherryand the likes and is therefore highly un-masculin

- Everything you say when drunk will be used against you. This obviously does not work the other way around as they were 'just' drunk

:vicious:
Just accept that women may at times feel one of the above is the case, even if it isn't, 'tis just better to go with the flow and apologize rather than try and point out that they aren't being rational..

Skweeky1
02-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Ask them to explain something they've done wrong (after they admitted doing something wrong of course) :D