PDA

View Full Version : England v Holland

DanB
02-09-2005, 06:44 PM
One hour and 4 minutes away :01:

I hope we are a damn sight better than against Spain :dry:

manker
02-09-2005, 06:47 PM
I watched the U21 match last night, teh Dutch were a class apart but they looked really lightweight. England did okay in the second half but lost 1-2.

I will be watching tonight tho' - I think I prefer seeing that to Wales arranged friendly (Vs Hungary - guess I'll watch the highlights later)

Ffs :dry:

DanB
02-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Talking of hungry, i just put the oven on to start my dinner :D

I am quite glad Robben won't be playing tonight :whistling

Cheese
02-09-2005, 08:35 PM
0-0 meh.

DanB
02-09-2005, 08:39 PM
We're looking good though

Cheese
02-09-2005, 09:43 PM
0-0.

As boring as an aussie chat forum. :glare:

{I}{K}{E}
02-09-2005, 10:26 PM
0-0.

As boring as an aussie chat forum. :glare:

I agree.

Yildirim should have played from the beginning.

We missed Davids, Van Nistelrooy, Robben and Sneijder :(

Cheese
02-10-2005, 12:10 AM
What a pish game.

Thank goodness Raw (from Japan) is on now.

HBK v Nature Boy just starting.

HBK wins.

^^Spoilers above.

scribblec
02-10-2005, 12:16 AM
I agree.

Yildirim should have played from the beginning.

We missed Davids, Van Nistelrooy, Robben and Sneijder :(

yildirims a turk :dry: :angry:

manker
02-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Great move by Sven bringing on Andy Johnston to play right midfield for 15 minutes :dry:

4-3-3 can never work for England, they don't have any proper wide players for one thing and they'd be playing Rooney - the most talented player they have by a country mile - out of position. That match was so frustrating to watch. Beckham is a shot player.

Also, as IKE hinted at, Holland would have pwned England out of sight if they'd had their proper side out.

Wales won 2-0, the highlights intimated that it was a good match, full of attacking football - really wish I'd watched that now :(

{I}{K}{E}
02-10-2005, 02:56 PM
yildirims a turk :dry: :angry:

he has 2 passports

Dutch and Turkisch

so why the angry smilie?

Peerzy
02-10-2005, 04:07 PM
I though Sven should have taken Owen and Rooney off at half time. We all know they can preform and why risk injuring them :unsure: It would have ment the subs could have played in there normal positions and would have had a better chance.

manker
02-10-2005, 04:18 PM
I though Sven should have taken Owen and Rooney off at half time. We all know they can preform and why risk injuring them :unsure: It would have ment the subs could have played in there normal positions and would have had a better chance.Yup, I agree. Holland got it right and can be pleased because of the youngsters that played, all England discovered is that 4-3-3 only works for Chelsea because of Duff and Robben and that it wont work for them because Duff is Irish and Robben is Dutch :frusty:

Gary Lineker's joke about the goal of the month near the end was quality :lol:

He included the (disallowed) Spurs 'goal' against Man Utd.

scribblec
02-10-2005, 05:20 PM
he has 2 passports

Dutch and Turkisch

so why the angry smilie?

because he should be playing for turkey not some lame dutch team :P :01:

DarthInsinuate
02-10-2005, 05:22 PM
i'd like to see Beckham dropped, so we can have a 4-4-2 with Wright-Philips and Downing

i liked Lineker's rhyme:

It wasn't a thriller in the Villa,
maybe they should have played at Leicester City,
because it was absolutely shitty.

or something like that i was half asleep

{I}{K}{E}
02-10-2005, 05:35 PM
because he should be playing for turkey not some lame dutch team :P :01:

Why? he was born here in the Netherlands.

Peerzy
02-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Yup, I agree. Holland got it right and can be pleased because of the youngsters that played, all England discovered is that 4-3-3 only works for Chelsea because of Duff and Robben and that it wont work for them because Duff is Irish and Robben is Dutch :frusty:

Gary Lineker's joke about the goal of the month near the end was quality :lol:

He included the (disallowed) Spurs 'goal' against Man Utd.

Yeah Chelsea rawk :01: Beckham had an alright game but because of the formation he spent most of the game playing as a right back/central defender :frusty: I was pleased with Ashley Coles proformance as he held up well against the fella who was the Dutch's answer to Michael Owen very well (can't remember his name)

Owen & Rooney did nothing in the game and the whole idea of friendly's is to try new people and ideas not put out all the players you know can score. Playing Owen and Rooney was a stupid idea because if one of them was injured Sven would be ass fucked.

scribblec
02-11-2005, 12:05 AM
Why? he was born here in the Netherlands.
its all about the blood :P

if there was a war he would be fighting for turkey
so he should be playing football for turkey :P

Peerzy
02-11-2005, 01:27 AM
its all about the blood :P

if there was a war he would be fighting for turkey
so he should be playing football for turkey :P

If the war was between the US and NL he would be fighting for NL :rolleyes:

scribblec
02-11-2005, 01:28 AM
If the war was between the US and NL he would be fighting for NL :rolleyes:

not really becuase once you sign up for a turkish passport your obliged to do time in the army and only serve for that army

Peerzy
02-11-2005, 02:12 AM
not really becuase once you sign up for a turkish passport your obliged to do time in the army and only serve for that army

USA destroyed Turkey, then started on NL. Who would he fight for then? Not Turkey cause they gone and he wants revenge so he signs up with the NL army.

{I}{K}{E}
02-11-2005, 10:31 AM
:lol: stupid discussion.

lol do you actually believe he will fight for turkey if they were in war? I think you are still pissed that he chose for the dutch team like almost all turkish people. The turkish Coach even lied about why he didnt wanna play for turkey. selfish people..

manker
02-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Muzzy Izzet chose Turkey over England, altho' I have to say he wouldn't have got within a mile of the England side, what with him being crap and everything.

Don't think Turkey pick him much either.

USA destroyed Turkey, then started on NL. Who would he fight for then? Not Turkey cause they gone and he wants revenge so he signs up with the NL army.:lol: :D

Wtf :lol:

scribblec
02-12-2005, 09:55 PM
:lol: stupid discussion.

lol do you actually believe he will fight for turkey if they were in war? I think you are still pissed that he chose for the dutch team like almost all turkish people. The turkish Coach even lied about why he didnt wanna play for turkey. selfish people..

the new turkish manager is a wanker cant choose a team for shit