PDA

View Full Version : I'm a human pin cushion

Lilmiss
02-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Went to see a nurse today, who booked me instantly into to see the Dr.
They think I have appendicitis, and sent me off for more blood and urine tests.

I've been put on a liquid diet too. :(

Grrrr....I just wanna curl up and die. :crying:

Robert00000
02-10-2005, 01:19 PM

:no: .................

tesco
02-10-2005, 01:20 PM
oh noes!!!11 :crying:

why...what's wrong with you?

Lilmiss
02-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Appendicitis apparently. :ermm:
Shall find out more tomorrow afternoon when I go back to the Dr's.

D'ya think Vodka should be included in a liquid diet? :whistling

Guillaume
02-10-2005, 01:45 PM
D'ya think Vodka should be included in a liquid diet? :whistling

I don't see any problem. Alcohol is used as disinfectant, right?
;)

[/rummages through the interweb to find the cheesiest "get well soon" card ever]

100%
02-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Have you scanned that hospital for Vampire paraphernilia?

If they cut you make sure they do it nicely

good luck

manker
02-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Sounds a bit nasty, missy. Hope things go okay tomorrow.

Snee
02-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Plz 2 get well soon. Maybe they'll remove your appendix soon, if that is indeed the culprit.

As soon as it's gone and they've hooked you up with antibiotics you should be feeling much better in no time. :)

Also, scars are cool, and you get free time to come here n' talk with me, while you recover. :D :score:

manker
02-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Isn't an appendix scar in an almost rude place.

Just wondering :shifty:

Snee
02-10-2005, 03:30 PM
That's why she should post some pics asap.

She doesn't need to remove it, she can post pics and we can all try and imagine the scar.

DanB
02-10-2005, 05:56 PM
When my friend had appendicitis he had a 2 doctors and 3 trainee doctors put their finger up his arse so they could feel it swollen up :lol: :lol:

edit - all though thats prolly not what you wanted to hear. I hope you're okay though

100%
02-10-2005, 06:10 PM
:lol:
Im sure lilmisss will appreciate your knowledge

enoughfakefiles
02-10-2005, 06:26 PM
When my friend had appendicitis he had a 2 doctors and 3 trainee doctors put their finger up his arse so they could feel it swollen up :lol: :lol:

edit - all though thats prolly not what you wanted to hear. I hope you're okay though

I thought your appendix were at the front.?Is your mate sure they were doctors. :shifty: :lol: :lol:

/Edit nearly forgot get well soon lilmiss. :D

Damn's_bbygirl
02-10-2005, 06:37 PM
I hear they can do it through your belly button now! Then you wont have a scar...but scars are cool anyway. Especially the ones with awesome stories behind 'em

Get Well!

Guillaume
02-10-2005, 08:13 PM
When my friend had appendicitis he had a 2 doctors and 3 trainee doctors put their finger up his arse so they could feel it swollen up

That is what they do for prostate problems, not appendicitis.Unless they are really horny. :shifty:

Once again, get well soon, teh miss, we wouldn't trust anybody else with teh pokey stick around here. :01:

Snee
02-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Nope, they can do that pokey thing with appendicitis too, so let's pray it never happens to us.

And the bellybutton thing requires it to be in relativly good shape to take it out, if it's really inflamed or burst or something you get the scar.

If it's progressed a bit they can only look at it through the bellybutton, can't risk bursting it by taking it out that way, I think.

Biggles
02-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Good Luck Little Missy.

If it involves scars hope you can use it in your next tattoo.

Don't think Vodka is on though - then I would say that. :shifty:

DanB
02-10-2005, 09:21 PM
That is what they do for prostate problems, not appendicitis.Unless they are really horny. :shifty:

Once again, get well soon, teh miss, we wouldn't trust anybody else with teh pokey stick around here. :01:

No, that is how they can check for appendicitis too, unless of course my friend decided to make up the story of 5 doctors sticking thier fingers up his arse

Guillaume
02-10-2005, 09:30 PM
No, that is how they can check for appendicitis too, unless of course my friend decided to make up the story of 5 doctors sticking thier fingers up his arse

Not questionning what your friend said. Qusetionning the doctors' motives. they can be weird (with a capital WE) sometimes... Ether fumes and all. :dry:

Lilmiss
02-11-2005, 12:40 AM
:eeek: Tanks Dan. :ermm:

I'm positive thats not how they check for it, maybe they were policemen dressed as doctors. :shifty:

Tanks peeps, I think it may just be my beergut expanding.

j2k4
02-11-2005, 12:47 AM
Wow-what clued you that something was amiss, Lilmiss?

(That was not an attempt to be "punnish") ;)

Lilmiss
02-11-2005, 12:55 AM
The lower part of my tum has been aching and cramping alot, I feel sick but I'm not, I've have diarrhea and seem to passing alot of piddle. I feel like I'm burning up when I'm cold to touch too.

All in all, feeling pretty shitty.

hobbes
02-11-2005, 02:51 AM
The lower part of my tum has been aching and cramping alot, I feel sick but I'm not, I've have diarrhea and seem to passing alot of piddle. I feel like I'm burning up when I'm cold to touch too.

All in all, feeling pretty shitty.

Doesn't sound like appendicitis. If that were suspected you would have either been taken straight to the operating room or given a CT scan if your symptoms were not classic. You would never be sent home.

If you would even consider drinking alcohol, you don't have it. With appendicitis the body develops a strong aversion to food or drink of any kind. The bowel stops contracting and it would unlikely that you would get diarrhea, more likely vomiting.

Sounds to me like run of the mill inflammation of the intestines. Not pleasant, but not something you need to get an operation for.

BTW, fingers up the bum are not a way to diagnose this condition. You might do this in a male to look for inflammation of the prostate. The appendix is far from the anus.

tesco
02-11-2005, 03:09 AM
get lilmiss to the hospital! http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/stretcher.gif

sorry I just felt like posting that smiley

ruthie
02-11-2005, 04:30 AM
Been checked for urinary tract infection? Appendicistis..you'd have a temp, I think. Hobbes is quite right. If they suspected that, you'd have been checked in to the hospital,,they wouldn't want to chance a burst appendix.
Hope you feel better lilmiss..sounds like a real drag.

Snee
02-11-2005, 04:19 PM
BTW, fingers up the bum are not a way to diagnose this condition. You might do this in a male to look for inflammation of the prostate. The appendix is far from the anus.
Oh ffs, it's a way to make sure it isn't something else, sometimes they have to check if it isn't something else, and one way to do it is to stick their fingers up someone's bum.

I haven't had the "pleasure" myself, for which I'm very thankful, but I know several people who have been subjected to the treatment and who were later diagnosed with appendicitis.

A link (http://www.aurorahealthcare.org/yourhealth/healthgate/getcontent.asp?URLhealthgate=%2212040.html%22), please to note what the exam will entail.

They won't have to do it if they are absolutely certain, but it's a fairly common practice when they are not.

And her symptoms were prolly too vague to keep her there on the off-chance that it was appendicitis, and she was due to go back for more tests, it doesn't mean that it absolutely can't be what affects her, tho' her last description makes me guess it's something else.

Lilmiss
02-11-2005, 04:53 PM
The good news is they didn't stick their fingers up me bum.
Oh no, they went elsewhere. :pinch:

My urine test came back negative, but my blood is showing some kind of infection. The swab results are due back in a week, but if I get any shooting pains, I've been told to go hospital. They don't think it is appendicitis, but just in case.

They have given me 2 courses of anti-biotics to take, one 3 times a day and the other twice.

Now....how do I change the title of this thread to, "I'm a pill popper." :shifty:

Snee
02-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Pm a mod? :unsure:

Glad you got something for it, and hey, be glad it isn't cancer.

Lilmiss
02-11-2005, 05:11 PM
:lol: They don't know what it is yet, but I'm allowed to eat again. :01:

The nurse who did the internal, asked if someone had forced themself on me as my cervix is red raw. :ermm:

I'm meant to be at a poker night, tonight.
Hmmmm.....

Peerzy
02-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Pm a mod? :unsure:

Glad you got something for it, and hey, be glad it isn't cancer.

Yuppers, or a heart attack like me dad had week ago :( Makes you think sometimes how well we are designed

Biggles
02-11-2005, 05:14 PM

The nurse who did the internal, asked if someone had forced themself on me as my cervix is red raw. :ermm:

I'm meant to be at a poker night, tonight.
Hmmmm.....

:blink: :blushing: No I am not going there.

No vodka and anti-biotics Lilmiss :nono:

Snee
02-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Why, thank you for that bit of information. And I don't mean about the poker game :pinch:

Hungry btw? If I was you I'd be eating like there was no tomorrow the second they let me eat again.

manker
02-11-2005, 05:16 PM

The nurse who did the internal, asked if someone had forced themself on me as my cervix is red raw. :ermm: :unsure: X4 :ermm: X7

Glad you're on teh road to recovery. They say you're not supposed to drink while taking anti-biotics but I think they're just trying to be mean spirited.

Gemby!
02-11-2005, 05:17 PM
They think I have appendicitis

Kool, i had that - it sucked but i got a kool scar now :01:

Skweeky1
02-11-2005, 05:20 PM
I had some beer the other day, and I'm on antibiotics as well.

Turned out to be a bad idea. I had the most horrible nightmares all night :S

Lilmiss
02-11-2005, 05:21 PM
No I am not going there

:w00t: :P

Yeah, I know not to mix Vodka and Anti-Biotics, but a lil speed wouldn't hurt, huh? :lol: :shifty:

Sorry to hear about you Pa Peerzy, thats awful.
/me sends you some huggles, n thoughts.

My God Daughter and pal are both suffering from carbon monoxide poisioning.
Not been a good week at all, really.

Snee
02-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Maybe he meant you got pokered already, and that's why...

Wait, you were replying to manker there, and not to biggles's post and that's why... and the :w00t: was for the the, oh yeah.. :blushing:

Guillaume
02-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Glad to hear there won't be any cutting up to do... Never trust these surgeons, they're always wearing masks... :fear:

And, for your information, there are some words that are not to be pronounced around men-folk, cervix is one of them. :crying:

Lilmiss
02-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Big red inflamed raw cervix. :shifty:

It was even worse after she prodded it.
Meep.

So, whats for dinner? :whistling

Snee
02-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Fish sticks, I hate fish sticks. :dry:

Lilmiss
02-11-2005, 05:46 PM
I've had enough of them today, tanks. :whistling

manker
02-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Big red inflamed raw cervix. :shifty:

It was even worse after she prodded it.
Meep.

So, whats for dinner? :whistlingI guess that means it's time for rampant rabbit rather than king dong :(

Normally I'd go a bit purple and look at my shoes if a girlie mentioned a cervix, the interweb rawks :01:

Emdee
02-11-2005, 05:57 PM
It all sounds pretty nasty :(

Get well soon, lilmiss ;)

hobbes
02-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Oh ffs, it's a way to make sure it isn't something else, sometimes they have to check if it isn't something else, and one way to do it is to stick their fingers up someone's bum.

I haven't had the "pleasure" myself, for which I'm very thankful, but I know several people who have been subjected to the treatment and who were later diagnosed with appendicitis.

A link (http://www.aurorahealthcare.org/yourhealth/healthgate/getcontent.asp?URLhealthgate=%2212040.html%22), please to note what the exam will entail.

They won't have to do it if they are absolutely certain, but it's a fairly common practice when they are not.

And her symptoms were prolly too vague to keep her there on the off-chance that it was appendicitis, and she was due to go back for more tests, it doesn't mean that it absolutely can't be what affects her, tho' her last description makes me guess it's something else.

Yeah, I know.

I just wanted to reassure her that she wasn't in for a big rectal exam the next day.

Why have her worry over something which I was pretty sure they would not do. Such an exam has little purpose in the female. If she has symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease, they would do the whole pelvic thing. Since they had stayed away from that on the initial visit, I was pretty sure she was ok there.

My post was intended strictly to give her a little peace of mind.

hobbes
02-11-2005, 07:20 PM
You are here : XtraMSN > Health & Fitness > Ask The Expert > General Medicine Sat 12 February 2005

Ask The Expert - General Medicine

Does alcohol affect antibiotics?

Is it true that alcohol lowers the affect of antibiotics?

There is a generally held belief that alcohol should not be consumed while on a course of oral antibiotics. This advice is correct if a patient is taking metronidazole, cephamandole (may cause a disulfiram-like reaction), and possibly oral ketoconazole (may cause facial flushing). However there is no contraindication to the consumption of alcohol with other antibiotics.

However, the question one has to ask is, is the consumption of alcohol so important that a short period of abstinence is abhored?

The Health Network
March 04

Some antibiotics used to treat Tuberculosis and metronidazole (Flagyl) commonly used for urinary tract infections (<-----watch out, pretty common drug) cause severe nausea and vomiting when mixed with alcohol.

Snee
02-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I know.

I just wanted to reassure her that she wasn't in for a big rectal exam the next day.

Why have her worry over something which I was pretty sure they would not do. Such an exam has little purpose in the female. If she has symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease, they would do the whole pelvic thing. Since they had stayed away from that on the initial visit, I was pretty sure she was ok there.

My post was intended strictly to give her a little peace of mind.

That's very nice of you, however, I'm not sure that a prostate exam would be the only point to checking that area, as certain infections may produce similar symptoms while not being gender exclusive. It is my understanding that the doctor may need to look for lumps and similar in the colon, regardless of gender, in some cases of abdominal pain.

Antibiotics sometimes mix badly with dairy products, which is something that might be good to keep in mind.

j2k4
02-11-2005, 08:18 PM
You are both fostering in our poor Lilmiss an inordinate fear of long-fingered people; what if she stumbles across a gifted pianist, or something?

Snee
02-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Then I'd say "oopsy".

DanB
02-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Tis cool, my friend's 19yr old brother is in a coma following a brain hemorage last friday night :(

hobbes
02-12-2005, 06:03 AM
That's very nice of you, however, I'm not sure that a prostate exam would be the only point to checking that area, as certain infections may produce similar symptoms while not being gender exclusive. It is my understanding that the doctor may need to look for lumps and similar in the colon, regardless of gender, in some cases of abdominal pain.

Given her symptoms, I doubt jamming fingers in her ass would help.

A Doctor feeling "lumps" in the colon at her age is almost non-existent and would have zero correlation with her symptoms.

And, of course, I was being nice.

We don't need to let your buddies' worst case scenario frame in LilMissus' mind what she should expect.

I doubted that she had appendicitis and I doubted she would get a rectal rampage.

Just a little reasonable reassurance.

hobbes
02-12-2005, 06:04 AM
Tis cool, my friend's 19yr old brother is in a coma following a brain hemorage last friday night :(

Any reason why?

Best of luck.

Snee
02-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Given her symptoms, I doubt jamming fingers in her ass would help....
I doubted that she had appendicitis and I doubted she would get a rectal rampage.

Just a little reasonable reassurance.
The things, hobbes, that that wasn't how you first phrased it. You said:

And I said you were wrong. Just like you said DanB was wrong.

And it isn't really an age thing either, they don't just check for lumps, they sometimes check for tenderness in cases of abdominal pain and similar, regardless of age or sex.

It's just how it goes, but I'm not saying she'll be subjected to it anyway, I reckon they would have done it to her already if they would.

Seeing as she's being treated for an infection, and seeing as how she's not already, to my knowledge anyway, hospitalized in anticipation of surgery, I think they've agreed they've pegged it with the current treatment. So I'm very much hoping that she'll not be subjected to any more unpleasantness.

hobbes
02-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Sorry Snny, I forgot Danb had posted the rectal horror story.

I worded my post forcefully so that she would be convinced that I was correct. I did not want to come off wishy-washy.

Anyway, I knew there was no need to poke her bum and I was just letting her know. Though I doubt it could be any worse than a pelvic exam.

Lilmiss
02-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Shit, sorry Dan. :ohmy: :crying:
I didn't realise, you knows where I am....n all that stuff. ;)

If those randy ass raping doctors wanna probe my internals, they better be able to run faster than me. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/missie77/bumwiggle.gif

:whistling

hobbes
02-12-2005, 05:45 PM

If those randy ass raping doctors wanna probe my internals, they better be able to run faster than me. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/missie77/bumwiggle.gif

Sounds like you're gettin' your spunk back! Break out the vodka!

Lilmiss
02-12-2005, 05:52 PM
:sick:Eugh, why would I want my spunk back? :P

I have drank a lot of tea though, it has anti toxins. :01: :D

Biggles
02-12-2005, 06:02 PM

You going be able to run whilst sloshing around like a tea-urn? :ermm:

Lilmiss
02-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Needs must. :P :ermm:

I've had enough running away practise from your waggling finger, anyhoo. :01:

:dust:

Biggles
02-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Needs must. :P :ermm:

I've had enough running away practise from your waggling finger, anyhoo. :01:

:dust:

The snap of rubber glove would add impetus to ones sprinting skills.

:nono:

I need to learn to utilise this after the exits are barred. :frusty:

Lilmiss
02-12-2005, 06:17 PM
:D

Theres always an exit...somewhere. :shifty:

Bet SGG can run like the wind when the finger starts to shake.

I'm going to be very wary of the, "Bend over and touch your toes" line for a lil while. Just in case. :ahem:

Biggles
02-12-2005, 06:23 PM
:D

Theres always an exit...somewhere. :shifty:

Bet SGG can run like the wind when the finger starts to shake.

I'm going to be very wary of the, "Bend over and touch your toes" line for a lil while. Just in case. :ahem:

She had perfected the running leap and lock the bathroom door all in one movement to Olympic standard by the time she was 10. :dry:

I should watch out for the old "I appear to have dropped my stethoscope" line too. :shifty:

Lilmiss
02-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Hmmm...didn't think about that one.
Guess they are getting sneakier. :unsure:

I should mind, "You've dropped a fiver" too, although that could be unsettling if true.

Biggles
02-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Hmmm...didn't think about that one.
Guess they are getting sneakier. :unsure:

I should mind, "You've dropped a fiver" too, although that could be unsettling if true.

The real killer is "damn did I just drop my stash of green" They are very very sneaky.
:shifty:

Lilmiss
02-13-2005, 03:08 PM
:lol: I've tried to pay in shops with my gear before.
Not intentionally, it seems to be the first thing to come out of my pockets. :unsure:

Last night was pure hell, I slept on the sofa wishing me Ma was here with her magic flannel. :crying: :wimp:

Biggles
02-13-2005, 03:36 PM
:lol: I've tried to pay in shops with my gear before.
Not intentionally, it seems to be the first thing to come out of my pockets. :unsure:

Last night was pure hell, I slept on the sofa wishing me Ma was here with her magic flannel. :crying: :wimp:

Acceptable currency in some places no doubt. :)

Hope they sort you out soon (preferably sans rubber glove)

Lilmiss
02-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Me too, I refused a sick line, meaning I'm going work in 3 hours. :frusty: :crying:

And those shop keepers eyes shone when they spotted my stash.
No way was I paying for a block of cheese with that, I know prices are rising, but still... :unsure:

Biggles
02-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Me too, I refused a sick line, meaning I'm going work in 3 hours. :frusty: :crying:

And those shop keepers eyes shone when they spotted my stash.
No way was I paying for a block of cheese with that, I know prices are rising, but still... :unsure:

:blink: The thinking behind this being ...?

Guillaume
02-13-2005, 03:57 PM

Are you some kind of masochist? :unsure:

Lilmiss
02-13-2005, 04:07 PM
T'is quite sad, but if I don't go tonight I can't afford the persciption.
And if I don't go to the other job, my lil old ladies won't get to the doctors n hairdressers. :unsure:

Urm, I guess I'm a workaholic.

I had a dream about you last night, G. :huh:

Guillaume
02-13-2005, 05:17 PM
I had a dream about you last night, G. :huh:

Last night was pure hell
:dry:

:crying:

:cry1:

Lilmiss
02-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Hehe, the dream was good but slightly weird.
Didn't know you have never owned a pair of shoes, and have a severe dislike for them.

You live n learn. :w00t:

Guillaume
02-13-2005, 06:31 PM
:blink:

[/leaves to ponder the freudian implications of this dream]

Biggles
02-13-2005, 06:35 PM
:blink:

[/leaves to ponder the freudian implications of this dream]

Remember, Freud said "sometimes in a dream, a flower is just a flower"

Lilmiss
02-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Confused me a lil too. :D

But most things do.

hobbes
02-14-2005, 12:19 AM
I am a human thong, FYI.

Lilmiss
02-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Oh really? :unsure:

That must be a dream come true for most. :w00t:

hobbes
02-14-2005, 12:28 AM
Oh really? :unsure:

That must be a dream come true for most. :w00t:

Are you saying that most people want me closely adhered to their particulars (a grandmother expression). That is quite flattering and a bit smelly.

Lilmiss
02-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Not at all, just the the fact you don't need to get into anyones pants.

Although we can pretend if you like. :D

Proper Bo
12-13-2005, 10:47 PM

whore

Lilmiss
12-13-2005, 10:48 PM
and? :smug:

Proper Bo
12-13-2005, 10:49 PM
:shifty:

Lilmiss
12-13-2005, 10:57 PM
:lol: you'd tink i'd be rich in a town ragboy Gascoigne want's to own.

sock smuggler. :snooty:

Proper Bo
12-13-2005, 10:58 PM
you saying you want to fook geordies for money?:huh:

:naughty:

Lilmiss
12-13-2005, 11:02 PM
erm, interbreeding?
nah tanks.

That side are all blessed with dwarfness, baldness, dumbness, and other ness. :snooty:

Proper Bo
12-13-2005, 11:04 PM
6'2", all me hair, cleverer than thou:01:

Lilmiss
12-13-2005, 11:10 PM

You have no hair. :huh:
But what was the difference between a cockerel and a chicken again?
I tink I forgot. :lol: :P

:mupperty at it's highest form, if ya ask me:

Proper Bo
12-13-2005, 11:15 PM

You have no hair. :huh:
But what was the difference between a cockerel and a chicken again?
I tink I forgot. :lol: :P

:mupperty at it's highest form, if ya ask me:

old trafford
paul wellor

the list goes on....

:schnauz:

Lilmiss
12-13-2005, 11:18 PM
heh heh.

what's a cobb? :huh:

Proper Bo
12-13-2005, 11:19 PM
:unsure:

Santa
12-16-2005, 12:23 AM

Good you went to check there are many who wait till its too late.

Lilmiss
12-16-2005, 12:32 AM
paul wellor

:happy: :ermm: