PDA

View Full Version : the fashion police will get you

vidcc
02-10-2005, 04:25 PM
RICHMOND, Virginia (AP) -- Virginians who wear their pants so low their underwear shows may want to think about investing in a stronger belt.

The state's House of Delegates passed a bill Tuesday authorizing a $50 fine for anyone who displays his or her underpants in a "lewd or indecent manner."

Del. Lionell Spruill Sr., a Democrat who opposed the bill, had pleaded with his colleagues to remember their own youthful fashion follies.

During an extended monologue Monday, he talked about how they dressed or wore their hair in their teens. On Tuesday, he said the measure was an unconstitutional attack on young blacks that would force parents to take off work to accompany their children to court just for making a fashion statement.

"This is a foolish bill, Mr. Speaker, because it will hurt so many," Spruill said before the measure was approved 60-34. It now goes to the state Senate.

The bill's sponsor, Del. Algie T. Howell, has said constituents were offended by the exposed underwear. He did not speak on the floor Tuesday.

Spruill and Howell, also a Democrat, are both black.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/LAW/02/09/low.pants.ap/story.2.pants.jpg http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/LAW/02/09/low.pants.ap/story.pants.jpg

The answer is....GO COMMANDO

source (http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/02/09/low.pants.ap/index.html)

100%
02-10-2005, 05:07 PM
but what about plumbers when they bend over?

vidcc
02-10-2005, 05:27 PM
they already have that in their certification

http://images.orgill.com/200x200/6437784.jpg

BigBank_Hank
02-10-2005, 05:33 PM

I heard about this on the radio yesterday. What they said about the plumbers is that they don’t intentionally try to show their underwear so they don’t apply to the law. So I guess that if everyone who wants to dress like that has on a plumber’s shirt and nothing could be done about it. To steal a line from Busyman this is a bullshit law. What a waste of time to try and figure out weather someone intentionally wanted to moon you are not.

Damnatory
02-10-2005, 05:39 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/LAW/02/09/low.pants.ap/story.pants.jpg

Hell, I'd be willing to vote on a "shot on sight" bill for retards like this...

Alittle strap over the top from a girl is alright, and even hot sometimes, but the guys that intentionally pull their jeans down to show off their boxer's should be as I said, "shot on sight".

(edit: whoops... typing in a hurry, guess I can't spell today.)

Cheese
02-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Hell, I'd be willing to vote on a "shot on site" bill for retards like this...

Alittle strap over the top from a girl is alright, and even hot sometimes, but the guys that intentionally pull their jeans down to show off their boxer's should be as I said, "shot on site".

What site? :unsure:

Virtualbody1234
02-10-2005, 06:03 PM
http://research.microsoft.com/displayArticle.aspx?id=598

vidcc
02-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Hell, I'd be willing to vote on a "shot on site" bill for retards like this...

Alittle strap over the top from a girl is alright, and even hot sometimes, but the guys that intentionally pull their jeans down to show off their boxer's should be as I said, "shot on site".

I find the fashion silly, just as the older generation found our dress choices silly when I was young. The only thing that is even more silly is this new bill.
I would like to know why you use the word "retards"? and just what you find offensive about seeing the tops of boxer shorts?. After all they are not showing their genitals.
As I said it's something to mock, it is not something to get offended over.

vidcc
02-10-2005, 06:22 PM

this site (http://www.live-shot.com/)

Damn's_bbygirl
02-10-2005, 06:32 PM
I dont mind so much about the boxers, but the women who wear their thongs up around their waist and their pants down by their hips. Its just down-right slutty if you ask me!

TheDave
02-10-2005, 06:39 PM
wtf. how is it indecent? :blink: a little silly at worst but thats it

BawA
02-10-2005, 06:40 PM
i dont know whats so special about people showing thier underwear unless they want to make other's horny :lol:
i personaly like this kinda of restriction, in some states where i live(Not US) walking with half's r restricted at all.
if u take iran for example they paint shoulders if they see u with T-shirts :lol:

vidcc
02-10-2005, 06:40 PM
I dont mind so much about the boxers, but the women who wear their thongs up around their waist and their pants down by their hips. Its just down-right slutty if you ask me!
nothing wrong with thongs.....although not all women should be allowed to wear them

http://www.nigelhumour.co.uk/rhino.jpg

vidcc
02-10-2005, 06:44 PM
I say if people can wear a crucifix as a symbol of christ then this fashion should be allowed to show support for those that suffered wedges at school

100%
02-10-2005, 06:48 PM
:lol: :lol:

Question: if they\re obviously showing it - then is it impolite to stare at it?
:blink:

manker
02-10-2005, 06:51 PM
:lol: :lol:

Question: if they\re obviously showing it - then is it impolite to stare at it?
:blink:You'll be staring at their arse, so she wouldn't notice, therefore I reckon it would be impolite not to gawp.

If we can bring tits into the equation then bear this smiley in mind :shifty:

Damn's_bbygirl
02-10-2005, 07:37 PM
I just think that modesty is a rare commodoty these days. I wouldnt show my underwear to anyone who didnt earn it... ;)

underwear is supposed to be UNDER your clothes, hence underwear

Do I sense a slight double standard?

manker
02-10-2005, 07:42 PM
I just think that modesty is a rare commodoty these days. I wouldnt show my underwear to anyone who didnt earn it... ;)Can this precious commodity of underwear visibilty be earnt thro' the gift of prose :shifty:

I'm thinking yes.

Welcome to teh forum, btw :D

100%
02-10-2005, 07:44 PM

um....
Socks - are supposed to be punched in the face?
lingerie - should linger all over the place
Jumper-are to be worn when humping
Jackets - for when you jack up cars etc
Condomn - for when your conning someone

enoughfakefiles
02-10-2005, 07:46 PM
I just think that modesty is a rare commodoty these days. I wouldnt show my underwear to anyone who didnt earn it... ;)

Unless your from krypton. :01:

Damn's_bbygirl
02-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Can this precious commodity of underwear visibilty be earnt thro' the gift of prose :shifty:

I'm thinking yes.

Welcome to teh forum, btw :D

That is priviliged information...;)

And thanx! :D :P

Snee
02-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Meh, people in the states do the strangest thing.

Sure it's a silly fashion, but that's all, what kind of muppet goes around being offended over being able to see someone's shorts?

Or for that matter panties? I guess I can sort of understand it if they don't want people showing off their packages or something, but those are covered.

At least that means that their teens aren't going commando.

I guess some people don't understand the difference between skin and what covers it.

How about wearing trunks when you go swimming, or a bikini, is that totally out of the question then? I mean, it's only one layer :scandal: :ohmy:

Good thing they spend their some of their time debating stuff like that, rather than unimportant stuff like unemployement or homelessness, or whatever, tho'.

100%
02-10-2005, 08:16 PM
sex before marriage?

Snee
02-10-2005, 08:19 PM
sex before marriage?
I think a stoning may be in order.

BigBank_Hank
02-10-2005, 08:23 PM
At least that means that their teens aren't going commando.

What's so wrong about that?

Skweeky1
02-10-2005, 08:24 PM

To be honest... I don't understand what the big deal with underwear is. Or even nudity.

My parents raised me with the idea that nudity is perfectly natural... which it is. When I was a kid I was naked all the time in the house and nobody said anything about it. It hasn't done me any damage, in fact, it only taught me that my body is my body and that I should love it the way it is.

My brothers, sisters and me are all adults now but there is still no shame between us where it comes to nudity.
It is a shame that people make a big deal about kids being naked around adults, I think it's perfectly natural but it got all mucked up because of a couple of sick idiots and fanatic religion freaks.

When I come home from work the first thing I do is take off my clothes and have a shower. If there is no one else around I'll be naked, if there is anyone else around I'll settle for a t-shirt and knickers.... no matter who it is.

Every adult knows what a pair of thighs or breasts look like and whether they're covered up by a piece of cloth or not isn't going to make much of a difference...

In fact... last week my boss ripped his trousers and sat in his office in his underwear while I sewed them for him because he didn't know how to do that (men...). The week before we all had to go to a party and we changed in the backroom....again all in our underwear.

My point is... if someone feels like they want to wear their underwear over their clothes, they should be allowed to do so. Madonna did it as well, after all :lol:

Rant over :D

100%
02-10-2005, 08:30 PM

Thank you for that - i am nude under my clothes right now.

Question : Could it be that there maybe some evolutionary phenonomon proceeding that is actually making our hips thinner, so that pants as the where before no longer hang correctly?

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/LAW/02/09/low.pants.ap/story.pants.jpg

Guillaume
02-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Underwear, meh.

Bolo ties, death penalty. :dry:

Damn's_bbygirl
02-10-2005, 09:24 PM
My point is... if someone feels like they want to wear their underwear over their clothes, they should be allowed to do so. Madonna did it as well, after all :lol:

I think that this law in particular just has to do with consideration for others. I personally dont like to show my underwear, or body for that matter, at least not on purpose. Its not that Im uncomfortable with my body (what good does that do anyone) but I am aware that some ppl dont want to see my intimates.

I think its great that you are that comfortable with your nudity. There needs to be more of that, but for now we have to accomodate others who arent so understanding.

Maybe soon we can all lounge in our undies and discuss important issues like world peace, er....somethin'... :P :D

Skweeky1
02-10-2005, 09:31 PM
I think it's just another fashion thing.

A couple of decades ago it was horrible if a man saw your ankles...

JUst think everyone should just do what they like. No one is forced to look :D

Guillaume
02-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Maybe you could explain something to me then.

Some girls will dress with shorts skirts, low-riding pants or deep cleavages and then bitch like hell if you so much as look in their general direction. :huh:

Why? :unsure:

Skweeky1
02-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Hypocrits

If I dress up I want people to look at me. That's the whole point, isn't it? :blink:

Snee
02-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Maybe soon we can all lounge in our undies and discuss important issues like world peace, er....somethin'... :P :D
Who said we weren't already? :unsure:

Damn's_bbygirl
02-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Maybe you could explain something to me then.

Some girls will dress with shorts skirts, low-riding pants or deep cleavages and then bitch like hell if you so much as look in their general direction. :huh:

Why? :unsure:

If they do, they're kidding themselves...