PDA

View Full Version : Newborn Tossed Out Of Car Window!

UcanRock2
02-11-2005, 12:39 PM
What the hell is the world coming to. :angry:

Read this (http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/11/newborn.tossed/index.html) from CNN.

sArA
02-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Stunning.....those people should be sterilised so that neither of them can ever have the gift of a child again. I just don't understand how anyone could do such a thing at all. They are clearly low life scum that should not be allowed to breed. :angry:

backlash
02-11-2005, 01:56 PM
that is just disgusting! It makes me so mad there are ppl like this in this world! These ppl can take the child to a police dept and drop the baby off no questions asked. Why do they have to try and kill the baby?!! grrrrrrr :angry:

vidcc
02-11-2005, 05:45 PM
human actions at their lowest

100%
02-11-2005, 05:52 PM
very kafkan method
throw it away without personally facing the responsibilty of your decision
for others to clean up.

ilw
02-11-2005, 09:13 PM
umm you guys did read the story and therefore know that she didn't actually throw the baby out the window, she gave it up to the police and made up the story of someone else throwing the baby.
Granted thats pretty unusual but imo not really the lowest human actions can go, especially from a woman who recently gave birth and could be suffering from post-natal depression. (which may be one reason why there is this 3 day law)

j2k4
02-11-2005, 11:44 PM
I am somewhat (and oddly, at that) relieved. :huh:

She didn't want to have to explain a child, so she did this?

Quickly, someone-

Would abortion have been preferable?

From a societal viewpoint, I mean?

ilw
02-11-2005, 11:58 PM
tough question, i can't really see any major pros or cons either way.

vidcc
02-12-2005, 12:06 AM
umm you guys did read the story and therefore know that she didn't actually throw the baby out the window, she gave it up to the police and made up the story of someone else throwing the baby.
Granted thats pretty unusual but imo not really the lowest human actions can go, especially from a woman who recently gave birth and could be suffering from post-natal depression. (which may be one reason why there is this 3 day law)
yes. the "truth" didn't come out until later.

ilw
02-12-2005, 12:24 AM
Ahh now i understand, I did wonder why all of you had seemingly not read the article.

It seems somehow odd to me that they just change a news report. I think i just assumed the old pages would stay and form some sort of record, or that a report once it goes out is fixed as is, and new reports are issued as the story breaks, rather than modifying the original so that it looks like you always had the story right.

apologies vid & others

vidcc
02-12-2005, 12:37 AM
Ilw
No problem, i confess i didn't read the story quoted because i had seen it on the TV (cnn) just moments before i viewed the post, however CNN would update a story such as that online when an inacuracy is clear. One of the benefits of electronic newspapers over print :)

Arm
02-12-2005, 12:52 AM
the gift of a child
:D Kids arent gifts. They are punishments for not getting fixed or stupidity into thinking you will actually find happiness and love. ;)

backlash
02-12-2005, 12:54 AM

that didn't come out until this afternoon - they have updated their article since then.

edit: I see you realized the error of your ways. ;)

DanB
02-12-2005, 01:24 AM
By the sounds of it that three day law is actually quite sensible :ph34r:

Snee
02-12-2005, 04:05 PM
:D Kids arent gifts. They are punishments for not getting fixed or stupidity into thinking you will actually find happiness and love. ;)
Oh shut up.

Biggles
02-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Oh shut up.

Snny practicing his parenting skills.

I am sorry Snny but I think you have passed with flying colours - time to paint the spare room.

vidcc
02-12-2005, 06:32 PM
I actually think arm was kidding (I note the smileys)....it brought to mind a bumper sticker my mother came across when they came over for Christmas..

"grandchildren are the reward for not strangling your own children"