02-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Boy that was fast !

http://netscape.com.com/2100-1009_22-5571362.html

tesco
02-11-2005, 01:16 PM
:frusty: why always microsoft products.

4play
02-11-2005, 03:54 PM
i dont really see the big deal its just a trojan that runs a .bat file which deleted everything in the spyware remover directory. if you installed it to another directory name it will not work.

you also have to be administrator to actually run it. viruses and trojans have been doing the same for antivirus products for years.

lynx
02-11-2005, 04:41 PM
i dont really see the big deal its just a trojan that runs a .bat file which deleted everything in the spyware remover directory. if you installed it to another directory name it will not work.

you also have to be administrator to actually run it. viruses and trojans have been doing the same for antivirus products for years.
The Trojan also steals passwords and online-banking details from Windows users.That's a bit more than just deleting contents of a folder.

why always microsoft products.Because they have such enormous security holes. If the hole wasn't there, they couldn't exploit it. :rolleyes:

Snee
02-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Fast indeed.

You'd think ms would have learned something about security by now, but this is just pitiful.

Virtualbody1234
02-11-2005, 05:01 PM
:frusty: why always microsoft products.
Because a lot of people are tired of being ripped off.

peat moss
02-12-2005, 12:09 AM
I think ,thats why I hung on to my copy and crack of Giant . Microsoft will have a fixed soon I guess. But does remind one of the little dutch boy with his finger in the dyke . :dry:

uNz[i]
02-12-2005, 12:34 AM
I think ,thats why I hung on to my copy and crack of Giant . Microsoft will have a fixed soon I guess. But does remind one of the little dutch boy with his finger in the dyke . :dry:
Hmmm.... I'm wondering if the Giant version is vulnerable too, seeing as the M$ version is based on that...

zapjb
02-12-2005, 12:34 AM
Peat moss it'd be the same for Giant I'd think. They're virtually the same apps. Just a couple differences.

Chewie
02-12-2005, 12:36 AM
Because a lot of people are tired of being ripped off.
That comment is well beneath you VB. It's not the reason they do this and you ought to know that.

peat moss
02-12-2005, 12:53 AM
Peat moss it'd be the same for Giant I'd think. They're virtually the same apps. Just a couple differences.

Ya crap your right . Quote: For Giant AntiSpyware products, Microsoft will continue to release updated spyware definition files on an ongoing basis.

http://www.giantcompany.com/

The software giant is also offering free support to victims of the Trojan.

"Customers who believe they may have been affected should contact Product Support Services," the company wrote. "Product Support Services in North America can be contacted for help with security update issues or viruses at no charge by using the PC Safety line (1-866-PCSAFETY). International customers can receive the same level of support by using any method found at this location: http://support.microsoft.com/."