Full info - http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html

Tested on different os & alot more info etc etc

(here is a basic speed test for browsers) http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed/

http://img91.exs.cx/img91/852/grf8yq.jpg

hungrylilboy
02-11-2005, 07:19 PM

Ariel_001
02-11-2005, 11:51 PM
wow opera is so fast. I use nothing but firefox and wont touch nething else but i do hate the cold start time as it does take time esp if u have other programs using memory at the same time.
who else uses opera? how good is? comparable to firefox? not talking about speed here

edit. wtf the free version has adverts???

Yes it does. You will need to buy it.

tesco
02-12-2005, 12:15 AM
or download it. ;)

anyway firefox loads pages even faster once it's been tweaked...i wonder what the results would then be?

Harsh!
02-12-2005, 12:31 AM
Firefox is still crap..even after tweaking..
Straight outa the box, Opera rapes the fox
Check out all the issues people have with the fox over at mozilla forums

Harsh!
02-12-2005, 12:40 AM
Just notced IE6 pretty much rapes Firefox staright out of the box!!! ROFLMAO!!!

Firefox is crap and all its fanboys can suck a dick...

uNz[i]
02-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Just notced IE6 pretty much rapes Firefox staright out of the box!!! ROFLMAO!!!

Firefox is crap and all its fanboys can suck a dick...
:ermm:
Yeah... Why use a secure browser when you can bend over and be raped by browser hijackers and malware much faster?
And besides, what would over 24 million "fanboys" know? :rolleyes:

Arm
02-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Does that include Mozilla with the Proxomitron controlling the web and disabling all the anti-cache scripts? Thus making Mozilla cache everything so it loads faster? :cool:

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-12-2005, 03:23 AM
I wont get down on anyone using any perticular browsers, but I dont like firefox only because it seems too much a pain in the ass to get setup and working properly. It was fast when i used it tho, so i gotta give it that. The internet seems basically built around IE, so i use that, cuz everything just works. :)

orcutt989
02-12-2005, 04:34 AM
I would have to agree, that it is virtually impossible to get a virus/spyware with firefox. It is good for those who dont really know anything about the internet, or are new to computers all together. I like IE because it is quick, and comes with windows! When partnered with some antivirus/firewall/common sense, it is also virtually impossible to get a virus/spyware from IE. Ill have to try this Opera.

100%
02-12-2005, 04:58 AM
']:ermm:
.....when you can bend over and be raped by browser hijackers and malware much faster?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ilw
02-12-2005, 11:05 AM
']:ermm:
Yeah... Why use a secure browser when you can bend over and be raped by browser hijackers and malware much faster?
And besides, what would over 24 million "fanboys" know? :rolleyes:
he's comparing firefox to opera not ie6, so firefox isn't actually any more secure.

Give opera a proper chance and you might not go back to firefox. There was a time a few years ago when opera and firefox were pretty much equal in terms of quality, but ever since then opera has been growing faster than firefox imo.

only downsides to opera are
1) adware supported (unless you pay or crack it which is 30 seconds work) 2) also if you use the letter/search shortcuts in the addres bar (eg g for google) those are sent through a monitoring website which records the details, this behaviour can be changed by editing a text file (About 2 minutes work).
3)comes cluttered with toolbars, just right click and delete, or for more options View->toolbars -> customise toolbars (out of the box its more customisable than firefox)

Harsh!
02-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Well documented at neowin.net that IE6 is the faster browser between IE & Fx..
Hell even Maxthon(based on IE6 seems to render faster than Fx)...
Theres more people there who know a damn sight more about this sort of stuff than here in this forum , would be fair to say me thinks... :whistling
Seems its kiddie night at FST..
My shout for icecreams.... :lol:

LilAznAccommodator
02-12-2005, 05:19 PM
I have a question... I currently used FireFox(Tweaked 'aboud:config') and I think it is ok.. But I rather move onto Opera but the only thing holding me back is that Opera doens't Support Gmail... And unfortunatly I have a Gmail Account.. Is there like a 'program'tweak'configuration' for Opera that will allow me to bypass that and use Gmail on Opera? If so than I will not hesitate to make the switch to use Opera Permanantely.

uNz[i]
02-13-2005, 02:11 AM
he's comparing firefox to opera not ie6, so firefox isn't actually any more secure.

Give opera a proper chance and you might not go back to firefox. There was a time a few years ago when opera and firefox were pretty much equal in terms of quality, but ever since then opera has been growing faster than firefox imo.

(...)

No, the post I was responding to was about IE6.
See? (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=995958&postcount=6)

We're all mature enough to decide what browser we want to use.
Please respect other's right to choose what's right for them without resorting to name calling or telling people to "suck a dick". That sort of behaviour is what's truly childish, imo.

Posting that kind of thing is well below you, Harsh! :no:
Kiddy night yourself. :P

Oh, and I'll have a mint-choc cornetto, seeing as you offered. :D

orcutt989
02-13-2005, 02:24 AM
So is Opera really worth downloading?

tesco
02-13-2005, 03:06 AM
So is Opera really worth downloading?
try it and see if you like it. ;)

ilw
02-13-2005, 11:38 AM
I have a question... I currently used FireFox(Tweaked 'aboud:config') and I think it is ok.. But I rather move onto Opera but the only thing holding me back is that Opera doens't Support Gmail... And unfortunatly I have a Gmail Account.. Is there like a 'program'tweak'configuration' for Opera that will allow me to bypass that and use Gmail on Opera? If so than I will not hesitate to make the switch to use Opera Permanantely.
latest beta does work with gmail, betas are available through the opera forums and are usually pretty good (ie stable)
http://my.opera.com/forums/

@Unz: sorry, I assumed you were referring to opera because Harsh was advocating that as the alternative to FFox

LilAznAccommodator
02-13-2005, 05:08 PM
latest beta does work with gmail, betas are available through the opera forums and are usually pretty good (ie stable)
http://my.opera.com/forums/

@Unz: sorry, I assumed you were referring to opera because Harsh was advocating that as the alternative to FFox

Oh okay, thanks for the information I guess I'll make the switch permanantely.

Snee
02-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Firefox is open source. It might not be the fastest or anything, but the fact that it's not as commercial as the rest is a damned fine reason to support it.

IMO, ie isn't good, "the internet is built around ie"? Bunkum! You might just as well argue that the internet is built around UNIX derivatives, just look at all the linux servers out there hosting the sites you use ie to access.

It might be the most common browser, but that doesn't mean that it's the best interface we can use.

IE might be faster than FF "straight outta the box", but that doesn't really mean anything, ff is the most customizable browser I've ever tried, with like a zillion plugins, you can't really do much with ie except try and make it less of a security risk, and maybe install some toolbar. As far as I can tell FF is just as fast with a bit of tweaking, and a hell of a lot more secure.

For that matter Maxthon "even maxthon" is a better browser than ie, since it comes with the tabbed browsing, and since it has a better form of adblocking IMO. Not to mention the fact that it doesn't have as many users and thus isn't as likely to be subjected to tailormade virii the way IE constantly is.

Opera is good too, as the speed is good from the get-go, which I guess is good for those who can't figure out how to make FF fast enough. And it offers, like maxthon and ff, tabbed browsing, which is a great invention and which I won't surf without.

IE is one of the last browsers I would ever use, hell, I'll even rather go with konqueror or safari, and I flukking hate surfing with those.

hungrylilboy
02-13-2005, 08:05 PM

Izagaia
02-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Concerning any coherent vulnerability with Firefox, at this point and time, I think the only reason it has remained relatively safe is because of IE's domination over the browser market. It just does not make much sense statistically to design an attack that only targets roughly 10-15% of windows-based internet users, IMO.

Wolfmight
02-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Trying out Opera now and it seems much faster than Firefox. Wow.
Loads images with amazingly faster speed for sure.