PDA

View Full Version : Get a Life?

zedaxax
02-11-2005, 06:36 PM
I often read in arguements that people finish off with

"get a life mofo" :angry:

Of course this is impossible unless the person is dead.
However
maybe some of you may have some good tips on how to "Get a Life"?

Please advise.

Cheese
02-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Mofo does need to get a life. Damn Linkin Park loving mofo. :angry:

Busyman
02-11-2005, 06:48 PM
I often read in arguements that people finish off with

Of course this is impossible unless the person is dead.
However
maybe some of you may have some good tips on how to "Get a Life"?

Please advise.
Take up a new hobby
Get some pussy or...
Get some dick
Get both if that's how you roll
Stop looking for acceptance from internet folks unless you plan to meet face to face and even then don't kiss their ass.
Stop touting your post count. You get nothing for it. When there is a dollar amount attached to it then spout "Yayyyyy :clap:". Your posts might have been shit anyway.
Step away from the computer for a week and try improving yourself.
Stop discussing the semantics of "Get a life"

Cheese
02-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Take up a new hobby
Get some pussy or...
Get some dick
Get both if that's how you roll
Stop looking for acceptance from internet folks unless you plan to meet face to face and even then don't kiss their ass.
Stop touting you post count. You get nothing for it. When there is a dollar amount attached to it then spout "Yayyyyy:clap"
Step away from the computer for a week and try improving yourself.
Stop discussing the semantics of "Get a life"

Stop arguing with 14 year-olds in Gameworld? :unsure:

Busyman
02-11-2005, 06:54 PM
You knuckleheads have no age on here.

Besides that....I get some minor enjoyment from it. :devil:

How many times can I say it....the internet is not real life. :dry:

Skweeky1
02-11-2005, 06:58 PM
True..

but most of us are real people, with real feelings and if you're really mean, it still really hurts. Is that what you really want?

:P

Cheese
02-11-2005, 07:03 PM
You knuckleheads have no age on here.
I do. It's in my profile.

Besides that....I get some minor enjoyment from it.
Me too.http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/smilies/devil.gif

How many times can I say it....the internet is not real life.
And yet here we all are...

TheDave
02-11-2005, 08:29 PM
the internet is not real life

wha wha wha :huh:

namzuf9
02-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Say it aint so....

Busyman
02-11-2005, 09:10 PM
True..

but most of us are real people, with real feelings and if you're really mean, it still really hurts. Is that what you really want?

:P
Nawwww awf corse nawt. :(

At the same time if internet words hurt then it's time to reevvaluattte yourself. :dry:

Jeez. :sleep:

Busyman
02-11-2005, 09:12 PM
I do. It's in my profile.

Me too.http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/smilies/devil.gif

And yet here we all are...
....and so real people should get a life.

Age in a profile means shit. I suppose WithCheese is your real name too. :ohmy:

Skweeky1
02-11-2005, 09:16 PM
What I mean is Busyman...

That for some people the net is a way to express themselves like they are not able to in real life. I suspect there are more people like me around here and it's sometimes not nice to get a nasty reply to something you've been struggling to say for months...

Surely, just being nice and not being snipey is not much to ask? :)

Busyman
02-11-2005, 09:29 PM
What I mean is Busyman...

That for some people the net is a way to express themselves like they are not able to in real life. I suspect there are more people like me around here and it's sometimes not nice to get a nasty reply to something you've been struggling to say for months...

Surely, just being nice and not being snipey is not much to ask? :)
Don't get it twisted.

I'm not saying go out of one's way to discount other's feelings. I love a good logical discussion like the next intelligent person. I grew up around trash talking, slap boxing, and body punching as recreation. I have done comedy and had hecklers I had to deal with.

This forum thang has got me finishing my screenplays while I make music. Very weird. :blink: It gives me a good laugh most of time. Most folk need to lighten up

I guess I don't look at it as a integral part of life and I personally don't think anyone should. If you are feeling bad about something said on this forum after getting off the computer, reevvvvaallluu8 yourself.

There is so much out in the world that to put so much stock in this forum box does a diservice to one's self.

Think Differently
Question Everything
Use Logic Or STFU

Words to live by... :dry:

ginguar
02-11-2005, 09:30 PM
I understand where you are coming from Skweeky1. People always say it's not real life but I don't think that is an excuse to be nasty to people. I'll be nice to you :)

Skweeky1
02-11-2005, 09:36 PM
As I said busyman... for some people this is very real and it hurts, maybe even more so than in real life, when someone is nasty to them. :)

And I'll be nice to you ginguar

ginguar
02-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Personally, I have never had anyone be as nasty to me in real life as they are on the internet. I find it very weird that people that you hardly know tell you that they hope you die of cancer etc. It's so easy to be horrible to people because you can hide behind the net. A large amount of the people who are truely nasty on the net are gutless in real life (and in a sense gutless on the net). I have a life (a very boring one but I like it) I find the net is mostly a great place where I have met many wonderful people.

Busyman
02-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Personally, I have never had anyone be as nasty to me in real life as they are on the internet. I find it very weird that people that you hardly know tell you that they hope you die of cancer etc. It's so easy to be horrible to people because you can hide behind the net. A large amount of the people who are truely nasty on the net are gutless in real life (and in a sense gutless on the net). I have a life (a very boring one but I like it) I find the net is mostly a great place where I have met many wonderful people.
Somewhat my point.

I don't how a person reeeeaally is because I only know them from the net. They are in essence a member name.

I get nasty with some when they are nasty to me......like clockwork. For some like

leftism
blackerdays
UKResident

...they are dead too me as far as the net is concerned. They have nothing useful to offer me, not even a thoughtful insult, so they are a CWOT.

lynx was another that almost ranked red on my personal fuck-you-o-meter but that's pretty old and he doesn't really talk to me and I don't talk to him so there's no reason to blackball.

btw I don't shit like "I hope you die from cancer", and never have...unless I really meant it, in which case I wouldn't apologize for it.

@Fugs - if this forum shut down today and wouldn't like it at all but I also wouldn't cry about it either. There are some that will and that's a shame. :no:

Snee
02-13-2005, 04:10 PM
As I said busyman... for some people this is very real and it hurts, maybe even more so than in real life, when someone is nasty to them. :)
When you get insulted here it's purely intellectual, irl there are other factors like chemistry and aestetics, so when someone insults you on here you might feel that it's more intense, because they are really insulting who you are, inside.

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't insult someone that deserved it on here, just because they might cwy tho'.

But I think the people that handle insults best on here are those who have developed a superiority complex/those who are deeply egocentric. The key to being invulnerable online is thus simply a matter of looking down on everybody else.

Another thing to consider is who it is that is insulting you, It'd hurt a whole lot more if someone I respected insulted me, instead of the occasional run of the mill AOL fourteen-year-old or madman that most often sends me death-threats and similar, the only emotion they evoke in me is a mild sense of mirth.

Busyman
02-13-2005, 04:21 PM
But I think the people that handle insults best on here are those who have developed a superiority complex/those who are deeply egocentric. The key to being invulnerable online is thus simply a matter of looking down on everybody else.

I have to disagree with you there bud.

Egocentric folk can't handle insults. I think you sometimes mistake ego with confidence also. Sometimes they are intertwined. Some basketball players are very good and also confident...sometimes humbleness goes by the wayside because of it.

Invulnerable online for me means that a member can't affect my life by insulting me.

(you are trying to do that thing again, it doesn't work)

Snee
02-13-2005, 04:26 PM
FFS, I wasn't trying to get at you, and I'm not trying anything.

I know you care what people say on here, otherwise you wouldn't be so damned paranoid.

I don't think I could hurt anyone on here if he was egocentric in such a way that he believed that he was the only one that mattered. I think I might be closer to being so than you, if I'm to be totally honest, even tho' I don't like it when that aspect of myself rears its ugly head.

But I guess that there are different ways of being egocentric.

TheDave
02-13-2005, 04:28 PM
I have to disagree with you there bud.

Egocentric folk can't handle insults. I think you sometimes mistake ego with confidence also. Sometimes they are intertwined. Some basketball players are very good and also confident...sometimes humbleness goes by the wayside because of it.

Invulnerable online for me means that a member can't affect my life by insulting me.

(you are trying to do that thing again, it doesn't work)
whatever cawkmunch

Busyman
02-13-2005, 04:40 PM
FFS, I wasn't trying to get at you, and I'm not trying anything.

I know you care what people say on here, otherwise you wouldn't be so damned paranoid.

Paranoid is someone walking around my backyard at night.

My perception of what you are trying to do (you've done it more than once) is just that.

I'm very keen on such things.

Lilmiss
02-13-2005, 04:40 PM
So, you're not insulted by on-line comments, but you feel the need to argue.
You don't feel that you have to be here, but you are are more often than not.
You have a list of people you don't like, but have said you don't know any of us.

I personally like quite a few people in here, and if one of them said something insulting, then yes I would be hurt. If it was eejit just name calling and fishing for an arguement, it wouldn't doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The forum is not essential in most peoples lifes, it's just another way of communicating with other like minded people and stealing music. I'm sure if the forum was closed tomorrow, I could track down the people I enjoy talking to, and on the plus side it would rid me of all the negative threads I feel compelled to read.

Snee
02-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Paranoid is someone walking around my backyard at night.

My perception of what you are trying to do (you've done it more than once) is just that.

I'm very keen on such things.
:huh: What exactly do you want from me?

Do you want me to end every post that isn't intented to subtly insult you or something somehow with a "this post is in no way intended to hurt busyman's feelings except when so is expressively stated"? 'cos I can do that if you want.

Again, I don't think you suffer under the assumption that the rest of us don't matter. I think that you care a bit more than you'd like to admit, but that's cool, it just shows that you are human like the rest of us.

Busyman
02-13-2005, 04:50 PM
So, you're not insulted by on-line comments, but you feel the need to argue.
You don't feel that you have to be here, but you are are more often than not.
You have a list of people you don't like, but have said you don't know any of us.

I personally like quite a few people in here, and if one of them said something insulting, then yes I would be hurt. If it was eejit just name calling and fishing for an arguement, it wouldn't doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The forum is not essential in most peoples lifes, it's just another way of communicating with other like minded people and stealing music. I'm sure if the forum was closed tomorrow, I could track down the people I enjoy talking to, and on the plus side it would rid me of all the negative threads I feel compelled to read.

I have a need to argue? Explain. I don't need pussy. I just want it reeeaaally bad. :w00t:
I am not here more often than not...24 hours in a day. :huh:
I have a list of people that do nothing for me...a CWOT. There is nothing that I gain from them....no intellectual information, not even a good insult.

Again, as far as being hurt on here...it's the fucking internet. I have had too much real life tragedy to stock this forum as a crush to my psyche.

I recognize an insult or when someone is trying to go at me and treat it accordingly. Maybe I think it's fun.

enoughfakefiles
02-13-2005, 04:51 PM
I think that you care a bit more than you'd like to admit, but that's cool, it just shows that you are human like the rest of us.

Why else do you think he keeps coming back. :whistling

Biggles
02-13-2005, 05:01 PM
All words have power. In many ways to see something written down in black and white can be more stark and unsettling than the spoken word.

Some are rather better at teasing kindly through the written word than others.

As in any walk of life, some are also more tolerant than others. :)

I enjoy this board - apart from the occassional dip into the Yahoo message boards this is the only one I visit. It is entertainment and also a pleasure because real communication does take place. It is also remarkably troll free - unlike the Yahoo boards which are trollers refuges.

Lilmiss
02-13-2005, 05:02 PM
There is nothing that I gain from them....no intellectual information, not even a good insult.

:D Theres always something to gain from these people, even if it's the knowledge of staying out of their threads. :whistling

Alright you're not here 24-7, but you have to admit you are here a lot,
so you must gain something from being around. And most of the time, I enjoy reading your posts. I have no idea how Lynx offended you, but I bet he did it in the most stylish way possible.

A lot of us have had real life tragedies, but find a few helpful words
from people not directly involved in the problem help so much.

Biggles
02-13-2005, 05:09 PM
you're just here for t'flirting and well you know it.

:blushing:

and t'political intrigue :whistling

Busyman
02-13-2005, 05:13 PM
:huh: What exactly do you want from me?

Do you want me to end every post that isn't intented to subtly insult you or something somehow with a "this post is in no way intended to hurt busyman's feelings except when so is expressively stated"? 'cos I can do that if you want.
I didn't ask for that.

Please continue.

Busyman
02-13-2005, 05:19 PM
:D Theres always something to gain from these people, even if it's the knowledge of staying out of their threads. :whistling

Alright you're not here 24-7, but you have to admit you are here a lot,
so you must gain something from being around. And most of the time, I enjoy reading your posts. I have no idea how Lynx offended you, but I bet he did it in the most stylish way possible.

A lot of us have had real life tragedies, but find a few helpful words
from people not directly involved in the problem help so much.
I definitely gain something, no doubt. Otherwise it's a WOT.

Regarding the lynx thang, it regarded 9/11. It was not stylish in any way but that's old. It shows me that just because a member makes stylish posts or answers questions, it doesn't make them good people.

Ya gotta a lot to learn about people. ;) Again the internet ain't real life...sometimes folks true nature comes out even in word format.

Biggles
02-13-2005, 05:25 PM
goes without saying.

i think i may have a royal rant (in both senses) re Camilla PB, Charles marrying a divorced commoner and Edward abdicating re the Mrs Simpson thing.

maybe not tho'

Fill your boots. :shifty:

Half the country appears to have views on the issue - could be entertaining.
:)

Lilmiss
02-13-2005, 05:33 PM
sometimes folks true nature comes out even in word format.

Eh? :huh:

(That comment is for anyone who knows me.) :P

Of course you can't judge people through the mere words they type, as you can't trust every word that exits a mouth, but you can still bond just the same.
I, as you know was totally gutted when a certain northern monkey left the net, but I think its fantastic I can still trust him enough with certain things and keep in touch. Life is all about chances, but being realistic and slightly cautious of everything. For instance, I wouldn't give you my phone number, but someone I have gained to trust though long nights sitting up and blethering on msn would be fine.

I never knew my Aunt would stab my Uncle, but you live and learn. :whistling

Biggles
02-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Is this hypotheticalising, or realage.

Sounded like realage to me
:ph34r:

scribblec
02-13-2005, 06:13 PM

im not 14...

Snee
02-13-2005, 06:15 PM
I didn't ask for that.

Please continue.
Roger wilco.

TheDave
02-13-2005, 06:17 PM
i asked for that but they try to rip me off

Lilmiss
02-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Is this hypotheticalising, or realage.

Realage. :P
Watch out, she lives in Inverness. :shifty:

Biggles
02-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Realage. :P
Watch out, she lives in Inverness. :shifty:

Such a pretty, peaceful city too. :blink:

I used to have a girlfriend who lived there. Oh Noes!!! :ph34r:

Lilmiss
02-13-2005, 06:38 PM
I used to have an Uncle that lived there. :lol:

(He's still alive, btw.) :P

Biggles
02-13-2005, 06:44 PM
I used to have an Uncle that lived there. :lol:

(He's still alive, btw.) :P

Teh stabbing must have put a strain on the relationship. T'is no wonder he is elsewhere (i.e. anywhere but Inverness)

Snee
02-13-2005, 07:20 PM
i asked for that but they try to rip me off
Hey, I don't think £5-a-post is too much to ask for a "I'm not trying to covertly insult TheDave™"-guarantee. :angry:

lynx
02-13-2005, 07:37 PM
:phear:

I was in Inverness recently, tho' I was only passing thro'.

I think I mentioned it, going to Elgin. Normally I would cut across country from Aviemore, but I couldn't be arsed with all the corners. So I went to Inverness and took a right.

Is that too much information.I assume you were just mentioning this "in passing".
:rolleyes:

Busyman
02-13-2005, 10:14 PM
you persist in this, when it is quite obvious that it is part of real life and becoming more so.
Well case and point...

I just came from the basketball court at my gym.

A friend of mine just fell out....his eyes were glassy and blank...paramedics took their fucking time getting there and took him to the hospital.

We went back to playing ball after he was taken.
He had no history of seizures or problems...

Next thing we know one of the other fellas who wasn't playing comes back from the hospital to the gym and says....

xxxx DIED!! :angry:

REAL LIFE...

You think I should give a fuck about someone calling me Bustyman or cawkmunch when there is shit like that happening? Should I actually be hurt?

Folks on here need a reality check.

Snee
02-13-2005, 10:23 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Out of respect for your friend I think we should drop this discussion, if that's ok with you?

hobbes
02-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Edit: To explain the first line in bold, Busymans post was not there when I was typing it. My sympathy goes out to Busyman, obviously.

Well, looks like this thread has reached it's acme and is now gone silly, but a very nice read. A tip of my hat to those who have contributed to this fine thread.

I think the internet is real life and you can injure people with harsh words.

I agree with Busyman that people who are emotionally self sufficient and have a secure world away from the forum are "flame proof". It doesn't matter what people say, when I logoff, I still think that I am ok.

Egocentric comes in 2 flavors.

Some people think that they are correct, and smart and handsome and the cats ass, for no reason that anyone else can understand. They have no interest in your trivial comments as they are the only ones with meaningful comments. They are flame proof. And also have no insight.

Others are egocentric in that they think they are special and should be treated as such. People should go out of their way to praise them. Rules apply to others, they are obviously exempt from them.

Any post that does not endorse their point of view or praise them is like a seering brand and they react with extreme emotion. I could supply a fine example, but I'm not here to flame.

Busyman is right. Our healthiest posters are those who are self-confident or emotionally self sufficient. Call them a "fuck head" and they laugh and say "whatever". They come here for fun and nothing anyone says to them is going to hurt them in any meaningful way. I think that is why Busyman says that this is not real. He will carry no scars from this board, he has seen real-life trauma and felt real-life pain and no words from a 14 y/o is going to upset his equilibrium. Many people are not so balanced and a lot of that has to do with age and success in life.

You people cannot touch me but trolls do piss me off as they undermine my fun here. A time to get away from real concerns and just shoot the shit.

The forum is both real and unreal at the same time.

scribblec
02-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Well case and point...

I just came from the basketball court at my gym.

A friend of mine just fell out....his eyes were glassy and blank...paramedics took their fucking time getting there and took him to the hospital.

We went back to playing ball after he was taken.
He had no history of seizures or problems...

Next thing we know one of the other fellas who wasn't playing comes back from the hospital to the gym and says....

CHRIS DIED!! :angry:

REAL LIFE...

You think I should give a fuck about someone calling me Bustyman or cawkmunch when there is shit like that happening? Should I actually be hurt?

Folks on here need a reality check.

who else thinks hes chatting shit just for sympathy?

a friend of yours just dies and you come online to post it on a forum?

BULLSHIT

Snee
02-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Hobbes, is there no one online whose opinion you value then?

I can understand what you say, as far as random strangers and idiots go. But what about someone with whom you've been discussing various matters on here, or elsewhere, and someone you feel is your friend, what would happen if they suddenly decided they didn't like you as a person, and told you so in the cruelest way possible?

I know it'd sting if someone I liked, for instance lilmiss (to pick someone out of this thread) told me she hated me and meant it.
I wouldn't be able to shrug that off and continue as if nothing happened, even tho' I've never seen her face to face.

That's what I mean about feeling it when it is someone I do respect.

To me it doesn't matter that much where I talk to someone, what matters is who they are. Idiots can't hurt me IRL either, well physically some can, obviously. But you know what I mean, I hope.

EDit: @scribblec: be quiet please, is that really necessary? I've never seen him make anything like that up just to prove a point, he isn't netweiser or someone.

hobbes
02-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Scribblec,

You are such an idiot, please leave the forum. You're just an ass, a complete ass.

I know Busyman, I argue with Busyman, he is always wrong when he disagrees with me, but he would never create a fake death for your sympathy.

Go fuck yourself.

scribblec
02-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Scribblec,

You are such an idiot, please leave the forum. You're just an ass, a complete ass.

I know Busyman, I argue with Busyman, he is always wrong when he disagrees with me, but he would never create a fake death for your sympathy.

Go fuck yourself.

how about you choke on my dick and die?

scribblec
02-13-2005, 11:09 PM

EDit: @scribblec: be quiet please, is that really necessary? I've never seen him make anything like that up just to prove a point, he isn't netweiser or someone.

understandable ill be quiet now

Busyman
02-13-2005, 11:10 PM

I can understand what you say, as far as random strangers and idiots go. But what about someone with whom you've been discussing various matters on here, or elsewhere, and someone you feel is your friend, what would happen if they suddenly decided they didn't like you as a person, and told you so in the cruelest way possible?

I know it'd sting if someone I liked, for instance lilmiss (to pick someone out of this thread) told me she hated me and meant it.
I wouldn't be able to shrug that off and continue as if nothing happened, even tho' I've never seen her face to face.

That's what I mean about feeling it when it is someone I do respect.

To me it doesn't matter that much where I talk to someone, what matters is who they are. Idiots can't hurt me IRL either, well physically some can, obviously. But you know what I mean, I hope.

Thanks SnnY.

We all just stopped playing and almost everyone lost it.

As far as me posting here...wtf am I supposed to do?

I'm also watching the Lakers play the Cavaliers. I only post here when I'm doing something else.

If I sit here staring at the wall, I'll bitch up again. I already cried in front of my girlfriend and that's too much.

Moving on.....oh and go fuck yourself, scrub. :)

scribblec
02-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Thanks SnnY.

We all just stopped playing and almost everyone lost it.

As far as me posting here...wtf am I supposed to do?

I'm also watching the Lakers play the Cavaliers. I only post here when I'm doing something else.

If I sit here staring at the wall, I'll bitch up again. I already cried in front of my girlfriend and that's too much.

Moving on.....oh and go fuck yourself, scrub. :)

lol scrub is almost as bad as bustyman...

hobbes
02-13-2005, 11:15 PM

Absolutely.

I was just saying just trying to clarify why Busyman says that this is not real, but also stating that it is real in some regard.

Busyman may be immune to the 14 year old on a rant, but he, like myself, would be hurt if someone that he liked and admired decided that he was a stupid shit.

Busyman was stressing real pain versus trivial insults from an anonymous stranger in his point that this forum wasn't real. Some people can get very upset by these insults and it was those people he was directing his posts to.

True insults, from true friends will always hurt, regardless the medium through which it is delivered. Insults from idiot strangers do not effect the secure individual.

hobbes
02-13-2005, 11:19 PM
how about you choke on my dick and die?

Lol!

Here is the idiot stranger whose opinion is of no value to anyone. Thanks for showing up on cue.

Busyman
02-13-2005, 11:21 PM
lol scrub is almost as bad as bustyman...
Well you're almost as bad as diarrhea.

Damn dude, if I really could get my hands on you, I'd blind you in one eye.

If I wanted to make a point like that I could have easily posted some past shit that has happened. Making shit up is demonic.

I only hope that you aren't like this away from the net. You won't live long.

Anyway I know it's hindsight but I picked XXXX up on my team and there were other guys that hadn't played.

I wonder if I had picked someone else up would he still be alive.

Weird shit. :(

hobbes
02-13-2005, 11:23 PM

If I wanted to make a point like that I could have easily posted some past shit that has happened. Making shit up is demonic.

Anyway I know it's hindsight but I picked XXXX up on my team and there were other guys that hadn't played.

Well, what he had was an abnormal heart beat. It was simply a matter of time.

Shit happens BM, you know that by now.

It is natural to want to find a reason, to blame yourself in some way. It is just life, sometimes cruel and offering no excuses.

scribblec
02-13-2005, 11:24 PM

i wish it was you dead instead :(

TheDave
02-13-2005, 11:25 PM

:blink: :lol:

TheDave
02-13-2005, 11:28 PM
goatse

Biggles
02-13-2005, 11:29 PM

When you your number is up that is pretty much it. If it wasn't basketball it would have been jogging or running for a bus - but I guess you know that really.

At least this way he went amongst friends and not alone or surrounded by the faces of strangers.

scribblec
02-13-2005, 11:29 PM
If that, given the context, doesn't deserve moderation I don't know what does.
if my opinion is of no value as siad before then i see no reason why it should be prevented seeing as its "not real" and does "no harm"

TheDave
02-13-2005, 11:31 PM
not really the time to try and prove a point like that

scribblec
02-13-2005, 11:32 PM
not really the time to try and prove a point like that

but it does prove it doesnt it?

Busyman
02-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Well, what he had was an abnormal heart beat. It was simply a matter of time.

Shit happens BM, you know that by now.

It is natural to want to find a reason, to blame yourself in some way. It is just life, sometimes cruel and offering no excuses.
I know he hit his head when he fell.

It was after a made basket. He was walking backwards and his eyes rolled up and he fell straight backwards and hit head in the back.

I don't think it was a heart thing because

he was out of it before he hit the floor
he had a pulse even after he seemed somewhat brain dead.

It's weird because he moved a little and was noticebly breathing but after he let out a moaning sound he didn't move again.

I'm angry because in hindsight I wish I had given CPR or even wished there was one of those defibillators where the machine does all the work.

I will sure make sure they get one now.

This is actually the second time a friend of mine had this problem. The other got up after 15 min. He woke up vomitting.

hobbes
02-13-2005, 11:35 PM

Why not apologise to Busyman, rather than dig your grave any deeper. That is what men who make mistakes do.

Biggles
02-13-2005, 11:36 PM

Perhaps, but why would you want to at this point?

Scribbley, do people whack you around the ear a lot and say "that's enough of that"?

TheDave
02-13-2005, 11:37 PM
not really, it's an exception to attack when someone is particularly vulnerable. something that might normally be used for light entertainment can suddenly seem like the only escape at a time like this.

busty, sorry if its cold disussing like this. i'll stfu now

scribblec
02-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Perhaps, but why would you want to at this point?

Scribbley, do people whack you around the ear a lot and say "that's enough of that"?
:huh:

Busyman
02-13-2005, 11:42 PM
Actually I've known you to be quite the bitch before this thread. You have made no revelation...except maybe confirm it for others.

You ain't the first to hide behind the internet whilst talking shit.

So no you have no effect. I can't get my hands on you so logically it's a wash.

You can't even come up with an interesting insult....you got me beat hands down.

hobbes
02-13-2005, 11:43 PM
I know he hit his head when he fell.

It was after a made basket. He was walking backwards and his eyes rolled up and he fell straight backwards and hit head in the back.

I don't think it was a heart thing because

he was out of it before he hit the floor
he had a pulse even after he seemed somewhat brain dead.

It's weird because he moved a little and was noticebly breathing but after he let out a moaning sound he didn't move again.

I'm angry because in hindsight I wish I had given CPR or even wished there was one of those defibillators where the machine does all the work.

I will sure make sure they get one now.

This is actually the second time a friend of mine had this problem. The other got up after 15 min. He woke up vomitting.

Sounds like an epidural hematoma.

Classically they hit their heads and are knocked out but quickly recover conciousness. Then, just minutes later, they collapse and die. Happened to a friend of mine who was biking with his dad. Dad fell of the bike and hit his head, woke up, got on the bike, then dropped over dead.

What happens is that the head hits the floor and breaks a blood vessel in the brain.

He probably broke his skull which lacerated a blood vessel. The bleeding vessel compressed the brain and the brainstem. Once compressed, the breathing center in the brainstem was shut down.

Sounds like a classic epidural hematoma. Nobody could have done anything. CPR would have been useless.

Sorry man, it was just shit happening.

scribblec
02-13-2005, 11:44 PM
and i suppose all your insults have been top of the range?

youve been whinging and crying about everything and every post

maybe karma is giving u an actual reason to cry now...

hobbes
02-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Scribblec,

I gave you a golden opportunity to salvage yourself, don't fuck it up. Be a man, not a child.

Busyman
02-13-2005, 11:46 PM
Sounds like an epidural hematoma.

Classically they hit their heads and are knocked out but quickly recover conciousness. Then, just minutes later, they collapse and die. Happened to a friend of mine who was biking with his dad. Dad fell of the bike and hit his head, woke up, got on the bike, then dropped over dead.

What happens is that the head hits the floor and breaks a blood vessel in the brain.

He probably broke his skull which lacerated a blood vessel. The bleeding vessel compressed the brain and the brainstem. Once compressed, the breathing center in the brainstem was shut down.

Sounds like a classic epidural hematoma. Nobody could have done anything. CPR would have been useless.

Sorry man, it was just shit happening.
Good explanation but...

He lost consciosness before he hit the floor.

I saw him.

His eyes rolled up before falling he was just back pedaling and he didn't trip.

It's like he switched off and then fell.

scribblec
02-13-2005, 11:47 PM
Scribblec,

I gave you a golden opportunity to salvage yourself, don't fuck it up. Be a man, not a child.
im in between even though others might not think so ;)

hobbes
02-13-2005, 11:52 PM
Good explanation but...

He lost consciosness before he hit the floor.

I saw him.

His eyes rolled up before falling he was just back pedaling and he didn't trip.

It's like he switched off and then fell.

Good point, I was wondering if I misread that last post. Looks like I did.

The scenario just screams of "nothing anyone could do", I just wish I could give you the exact cause, there is a certain closure in that.

Maybe he had an anuerysm in the brain. Remember Laura Branigan just died of one at a young age. Pretty common in people with kidney disease.

hobbes
02-13-2005, 11:54 PM
im in between even though others might not think so ;)

No, you were a complete ass and you now need and have the ability to apologise for your posts.

You don't even have to like Busyman, but you should acknowledge that his situation supercedes any person to person conflict.

There is no inbetween here.

Everose
02-13-2005, 11:57 PM
I am so sorry this happened, Busyman. My thoughts are with you. :(

Busyman
02-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Good point, I was wondering if I misread that last post. Looks like I did.

The scenario just screams of "nothing anyone could do", I just wish I could give you the exact cause, there is a certain closure in that.
I'll find out in the coming days.

I won't dare ask his best friend or his family right now.

His best friend will probably call or come up to the gym to talk about it in due time.

It's pissing me off only because I'm used to someone doing something to get killed, not some crap like "he just dropped dead" and had no history. :angry:

I'll wait and see.

hobbes
02-14-2005, 12:00 AM
It's pissing me off only because I'm used to someone doing something to get killed, not some crap like "he just dropped dead" and had no history. :angry:

Ain't that the truth.

hobbes
02-14-2005, 12:05 AM
How many times must I agree with you in the same day.

Well, I imagine we'll get all these rare instances out of the way today so that we may be at each others throats for the remainder of the year.

An "economy of agreement", if you will :lol:

Lilmiss
02-14-2005, 12:23 AM
Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear your bad news BM.
Wishing you and your friends my thoughts though I know there are no words that will help ease the pain.

I would retort to scribblec, but whats the point?
Really, I think everyone has had their say in this thread, and it should be closed before another half time student trying to get his jollies makes another pathetic comment like that. :sickened:

At the end of the day, I like most of you and would be unhappy if you all disapeared.
Except SnnY.....I hate SnnY. :P :shifty:

scribblec
02-14-2005, 12:35 AM
half time student =l

hobbes
02-14-2005, 12:42 AM
half time student =l

Well, I guess it is official, you are a complete prick. Thanks for never posting again.

lynx
02-14-2005, 02:30 AM
@Busy, I'm really sorry to hear about that, it must have come as quite a shock.

@Lilmiss, I'm leaving it open because there may be others who wish to post more positive comments, but that little tosser won't be posting here any time soon.

CloudSeeder
02-14-2005, 03:20 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Busyman. Words do not make sense at a time like this, but know you are in all of our thoughts.

Busyman
02-14-2005, 03:31 AM
@Busy, I'm really sorry to hear about that, it must have come as quite a shock.

@Lilmiss, I'm leaving it open because there may be others who wish to post more positive comments, but that little tosser won't be posting here any time soon.
Thanks lynx

@hobbes-

I just thought about something. He was complaining of ankle pain from an injury last week. He said, at that time, he had it from 2 weeks ago which would have made this the 4th week of him playing and sometimes limping.

That's way too long for an ankle injury and to keep playing on it.

My thoughts, and you tell me since know some things about medicine and such:

Due to his ankle injury which probably didn't heal properly, he had a had deep vein thrombosis which in turn caused a pulmonary embolism that went to his brain. He may very well had emboli since the injury was so old.

I wasn't thinking a clot went to his heart because as I said he "switched off" which indicate brain. I would think a heart attack would cause a clinch or yell and but did nothing.

The other thought was a brain aneurysm.

In either case I hope, and this sounds bad, that it was something that I had no control over (or anyone for that matter). I never gave CPR nor did the gym have a defib.

It sounds kinda weird coming from me but I actually appreciate the sentiments from everyone. ;) God bless.

Virtualbody1234
02-14-2005, 04:00 AM
Thanks lynx.

Snee
02-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks lynx

@hobbes-

I just thought about something. He was complaining of ankle pain from an injury last week. He said, at that time, he had it from 2 weeks ago which would have made this the 4th week of him playing and sometimes limping.

That's way too long for an ankle injury and to keep playing on it.

My thoughts, and you tell me since know some things about medicine and such:

Due to his ankle injury which probably didn't heal properly, he had a had deep vein thrombosis which in turn caused a pulmonary embolism that went to his brain. He may very well had emboli since the injury was so old.

I wasn't thinking a clot went to his heart because as I said he "switched off" which indicate brain. I would think a heart attack would cause a clinch or yell and but did nothing.

In either case I hope, and this sounds bad, that it was something that I had no control over (or anyone for that matter). I never gave CPR nor did the gym have a defib.

It sounds kinda weird coming from me but I actually appreciate the sentiments from everyone. ;) God bless.
From what little I know, it seems to me that you couldn't have done anything.

It could have been an aneurism, especially so since you were playing basketball. These things hit when you exert yourself.

And it could have been a blood clot as well, if it's in the worst possible place I think it could do what you describe.

In either of these scenarios I guess he might have survived if conditions had been different, if the hospital had been closer or if he hadn't tried so hard or if he hadn't had that blood clot, but that has nothing to do with you. As far as I can tell you did what you could, and shouldn't feel guilty about it in any way.

As someone said, he did get to go while surrounded by friends, and he went fast. And that's a lot better than dying slowly, alone in a hospital, from complications caused by a stroke, which could have happened if it was a blood clot.

In my part of the world, ordinary things like this is what kills people, rather than gunshots or anything else that might be done to themselves, by someone else or themselves (if they don't die of old age). I've seen people die oh so slowly of cancer, been sitting next to them while they gave up their last breath after struggling just to be able to breathe for many hours.

Be glad your friend wasn't tortured like that. If I had to go early, I might well pick the road he went.

@lilmiss: :no: :(

@hobbes: thanks for the clarification.

hobbes
02-14-2005, 02:47 PM

Anuerysm is a possibility, but it would have to have been a massive rupture. It usually starts as a terrible headache and gets worse from there.

Blot clot is possible. It would take a massive clot to fill the pulmonary arteries which would prevent proper circulation. Imagine running down the court and suddenly no blood is getting to your brain, it would cause someone to drop like a stone.
http://medlib.med.utah.edu/WebPath/jpeg2/PE.gif<-refreshhttp://www.amplatzer.com/images/asd_defect.gif

A venous blood clot can only physically get to the brain if the person has a hole in the heart (atrial septal defect).

We will just have to wait and see.

Busyman
02-18-2005, 04:55 AM
hobbes..

I just came from playing ball at a different court.

One of fellas told it was a heart attack. You were right.

He said he had some condition..I'll find out more st the wake on Friday.

If it was a heart attack, there might have been something I could have done.

No cpr, no defib....and that's just fucked up. He was 23 btw. :no:

We told some of the guys tonight (they played with him once at this different gym) and many of them (older fellas) wanted to stop playing after two games. They put in substitutions. Weird.