Busyman
02-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Tom Cruise, Steven Spielberg directs

Trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds/

Should be interesting...

Cheese
02-11-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm looking forward to this. Did the novel by HG Wells for English last year, one of my favourite sci-fi books.

Any word if the aliens will be hovering (like the previous film) or kick-ass tripods (like the book)?

Emdee
02-11-2005, 07:18 PM
I don't like the look of it myself. Bringing that story into the modern age is a mistake, they should've left it in Victorian England.

Or they could've just made the League of Extraordinary Gentleman 2 which is based on War of the Worlds, but since LXG1 sucked, that's not gonna happen either.

Cheese
02-11-2005, 07:25 PM
I don't like the look of it myself. Bringing that story into the modern age is a mistake, they should've left it in Victorian England.

Or they could've just made the League of Extraordinary Gentleman 2 which is based on War of the Worlds, but since LXG1 sucked, that's not gonna happen either.

This is kind of sad but my essay I wrote abot WotW was about HG Wells' hatred of industrialization and how he took an almost perverse pleasure in writing about it being destroyed. So I look forward to the modern industrial world taking a beating to the alien invaders. :01:

Just as long as we get tripods I'll be happy.

Hunted
02-11-2005, 07:27 PM
Looks good, can't wait to watch it... I might read the book, we listenend it to in our social studies class... well only a small portion of it

yiny46
02-11-2005, 07:27 PM
We listened to it in social studies...My social studies teacher can be funny...but he can be the biggest DICK in the world

Peerzy
02-11-2005, 07:30 PM
War Of Teh Worlds was based in a town called Horsley i think (iv never read it) which is about 10min drive from me :01: In Woking (A town also near me) they have a building called the HG Wells building and all around it then have massive (yes to scale) silver constructions of the aliens and so on.

Emdee
02-11-2005, 07:32 PM
This is kind of sad but my essay I wrote abot WotW was about HG Wells' hatred of industrialization and how he took an almost perverse pleasure in writing about it being destroyed. So I look forward to the modern industrial world taking a beating to the alien invaders. :01:

Just as long as we get tripods I'll be happy.
I don't think Speilberg'll go into that much depth. I'm thinking we'll just be getting a rehashed version of Independence Day with liberal dashings of American patriotism colouring the story.

I'm sure the tripods'll be cool though. :01:

yiny46
02-11-2005, 07:33 PM
yes...and both the movies were based on a radio show that was aired in the time of WWI...and its scared everyone...everyone listening evacuated the city...they were scared to death...:D

Emdee
02-11-2005, 07:35 PM
If anyone fancies having a read of the book, it's online for free here. (http://wells.thefreelibrary.com/War-Of-The-Worlds)

Hunted
02-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Nice, I will have to read it at home later

Busyman
02-11-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm looking forward to this. Did the novel by HG Wells for English last year, one of my favourite sci-fi books.

Any word if the aliens will be hovering (like the previous film) or kick-ass tripods (like the book)?
The tripods suck (I saw the picture) but I also hope they don't have the flying street lamp posts either.

Spielberg will do an excellent job. ;)

Timz
02-13-2005, 12:56 AM
should be interesting, there hasnt been a good alien thing for a while

cpt_azad
02-13-2005, 05:01 AM
can't wait, spielberg rox0rz :cool:

stuart30
02-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Cool...looks like a decent action film,just love the war of the worlds music.